Cocaine Scandal

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
The more players get implicated, and I mean top-level ones too, the more I think that this will actually galvanise the Titans. They've been performing no where near the potential that their roster suggests they should. I've blamed 2011 on terrible handling (errors putting them on the back foot, under pressure, and eventually cracking). I've blamed seasons like last year on the injury to Albert Kelly and the exit of Idris. And I still stand by those. However, if the Titans can pull a smarmy Greenberg, they now have the perfect "reason" as to why they've lacked results. They can draw a (white) line in the sand, say enough is enough, get the family-oriented fans on side by absolutely vilifying those involved and promising to start again. Get the blue-collar workers on-side by condemning the actions of cashed-up, spoiled brats. It'll obviously not sit well with the juvenile, risk-taking party culture that's synonymous with the glitter-strip, but let's be honest, those that live by jumping from one quick thrill to the other are likely to be bandwagoners anyway.

On top of all that, beside covering their arses 1000% with player & staff behavior, replace the bad eggs with players with good-guy reputations. Candidate #1 would be Luke Lewis - nearing the end of his career, but he's a toiler, a leader, and respected. And being shopped around by the Sharks. There are a few players they could go for - Glenn, Tolman, Cordner, Lillyman, Hannant. And keep Ryan James on a tight leash. They just need to do their homework, like Private Investigator spec. It might take some time to get the faith of the public back, but it'll be worth it in the long term.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I tend to think there are some scaremongers out there that are using the Karmichael Hunt league resume to deliberately and misleadingly implicate others. When they keep saying stuff like Ex-Player, Queensland Legend, Fullback & Five-Eighth etc, well, that's Hunt. He played both positions for Queensland and is an ex-player as far as League is concerned. And if the another player doesn't have anything to do with it, which is likely, these pricks will just say "we meant Hunt all along", snicker, and then go back under their collective rocks.

Last edited:
vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Good thoughts [MENTION=8215]Morkel[/MENTION], Annesley would do well to call a press conference and speak from the heart and tear these dumb pricks to shreds.

Appealing to emotion and a love of the game would win a lot of people over, kinda like the 'MAD AS HELL' speech from Network.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
The players face 4 year bans if they are found guilty of the charges.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
If the person that everyone is speculating ends up being involved in this, I'm going to be really pissed off, better not ruin his legacy.

I highly doubt he will be, I've got my suspicions about who it's going to be.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
I read somewhere that the investigation window is between June/July - December 2014.

And that the players weren't the original target.

I am thinking the investigation is Gold Coast based only.

The CCC will allege those charged arranged for the supply of cocaine for personal use or to supply cocaine to friends and colleagues between August and December last year.

It is believed several other former Titans as well as players from rival codes remain in the crosshairs of investigators.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...p-of-the-iceberg/story-fnn8dlfs-1227234669583

Last edited:
Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
The more players get implicated, and I mean top-level ones too, the more I think that this will actually galvanise the Titans. They've been performing no where near the potential that their roster suggests they should. I've blamed 2011 on terrible handling (errors putting them on the back foot, under pressure, and eventually cracking). I've blamed seasons like last year on the injury to Albert Kelly and the exit of Idris. And I still stand by those. However, if the Titans can pull a smarmy Greenberg, they now have the perfect "reason" as to why they've lacked results. They can draw a (white) line in the sand, say enough is enough, get the family-oriented fans on side by absolutely vilifying those involved and promising to start again. Get the blue-collar workers on-side by condemning the actions of cashed-up, spoiled brats. It'll obviously not sit well with the juvenile, risk-taking party culture that's synonymous with the glitter-strip, but let's be honest, those that live by jumping from one quick thrill to the other are likely to be bandwagoners anyway.

On top of all that, beside covering their arses 1000% with player & staff behavior, replace the bad eggs with players with good-guy reputations. Candidate #1 would be Luke Lewis - nearing the end of his career, but he's a toiler, a leader, and respected. And being shopped around by the Sharks. There are a few players they could go for - Glenn, Tolman, Cordner, Lillyman, Hannant. And keep Ryan James on a tight leash. They just need to do their homework, like Private Investigator spec. It might take some time to get the faith of the public back, but it'll be worth it in the long term.

We have the new Titans CEO!!

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
So if we eliminate the players already charged and uselessness, the Titans roster goes something like this:

2. Hoffman
3. Taikaraingirangitakirangiiiii
5. Mead
6. Sezer
8. Myles
9. Srama

Thats a lot of room to work with to build a New side.

If Lewis is being shopped around, buy him and Glenn. Throw the chequebook at DCE. Target a gun centre and a decent fullback and you have the makings of a quality side.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
So if we eliminate the players already charged and uselessness, the Titans roster goes something like this:

2. Hoffman
5. Mead
6. Sezer
8. Myles
9. Srama

If Lewis is being shopped around, buy him and Glenn. Throw the chequebook at DCE. Target a gun centre and a decent fullback and you have the makings of a quality side.

Taikarangi plays for the eels now. Mosley will most likely be first choice hooker. Ryan James would be there too

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

2. Hoffman
5. Mead
6. Sezer
8. Myles
9. Srama

Basically an empty lineup and Hoffman still can't get the fullback spot ... :laugh:

OXY-351

OXY-351

NRL Player
Oct 1, 2008
The players face 4 year bans if they are found guilty of the charges.

Only the ones who have been charged with supply. I don't think Taylor has been charged with supply, only possession.

Are the Titans a criminal organisation then? It's a bit like bikie gangs where members don't even ride motorcycles. Do the titans players ever really participate in games of footy? Most of them stand around doing nothing most of the time. And given Greg Bird was a co-captain, can he be classed as an office bearer of the club and get double the punishment under the VLAD laws?

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Only the ones who have been charged with supply. I don't think Taylor has been charged with supply, only possession.

Are the Titans a criminal organisation then? It's a bit like bikie gangs where members don't even ride motorcycles. Do the titans players ever really participate in games of footy? Most of them stand around doing nothing most of the time. And given Greg Bird was a co-captain, can he be classed as an office bearer of the club and get double the punishment under the VLAD laws?

Taylor has a charge of supply

Bird faces two counts of cocaine supply while Taylor faces one charge each of supply and possession. Mr MacCallum said his clients were devastated at the accusations.

From http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...p-of-the-iceberg/story-fni3grk4-1227234639152

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014

What about the fans? Given they attended 1 or more association events, they are classed as participants under the VLAD laws too. Better round them all up.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
What about the fans? Given they attended 1 or more association events, they are classed as participants under the VLAD laws too. Better round them all up.

Wont take too long, there's not many of them.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Charged with supply of cocaine sounds to me like buying some gear and sharing with a mate. Is that the feeling that others are getting?

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
Charged with supply of cocaine sounds to me like buying some gear and sharing with a mate. Is that the feeling that others are getting?

That seems to be the implication, given also that a Mad Monday and buck's night are central to the investigation (as opposed to systemic supply to a larger market).

Unread

Active Now

• Browny
  • Fozz
  • Waynesaurus
  • Foordy
  • winslow_wong
  • Battler
  • Bucking Beads
  • Dash
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • bb_gun
  • RodF
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Wolfie
  • Galah
  • Santa
  • Brocko
  • Midean
  • broncsgoat
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • ezpz
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.