Jan 25, 2013
Re: Karmichael Hunt charged with supplying Cocaine

Well that solves that problem.

OXY-351

OXY-351

NRL Player
Oct 1, 2008

If you idolize a sportsperson, you're an idiot imo.

They aren't and should never be role models.

That's ok to understand as an adult. Tell that to a kid.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

Wow. Just wow. This is an absolute tragic day for the sport and am still in disbelieve. When you think of all the children who look up to karmichael and then his goes and does something stupid like this. Unbelievable. There's gona be a whole lot of parents considering pulling their child out of rugby now I imagine. Very sad for all concern.

Don't play Rugby because you'll end up doing cocaine, kids.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008

Titans pulling out of training at school grounds.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013

I am honestly stunned. Did not expect this at all

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008

Pete Badel on FSN said that the investigation was also surveilling other "Titan stars" and that this isn't over.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

At the end of the day if the Titans fold because of this it gives the AFL a massive free kick on the Gold Coast. That won't be a great thing for Rugby League in QLD.

Last edited:
Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

They're all idiots ...

Another thing that really annoys me is the term "recreational drugs" ... They are not recreational drugs, they are illegal drugs.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009

Disagree

They are playing a sport that is very much in the public eye in Australia and there behaviour reflects the clubs standards and morales and if they behave poorly it puts the club in a bad light. A lot of young kids and aspiring footballers look up to the players of the club and except them to do the right thing all the time. If I was coaching an NRL team or any sports team the behaviour of my players and their image in the public eye would be one of my biggest priorities.

Bullshit. Role models should be family members, not celebrities or sports stars. The way family members react or comment on the things that celebrities or sports stars do should be all that counts to children.

There's a difference between looking up to people and considering them role models.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013

Bullshit. Role models should be family members, not celebrities or sports stars. The way family members react or comment on the things that celebrities or sports stars do should be all that counts to children.

There's a difference between looking up to people and considering them role models.

What about kids whose family members are bums, violent, or just scum? By dreaming of something better than a generational cycle is sometimes the only way people can achieve despite limited opportunities.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008

Wow what a surprise.

I read Wendell's book recently.

He only got two years because he tested positive on game day (after admitttng use four days before at a music industry party). Mandatory 2 year ban.

K. Hunt, if he gets off on the alleged cocaine trafficking or lesser offences would not I assume be banned by ASADA.

Whether he ARU or NRL took the decision to not register contracts or impose a ban or the like is another question. I wonder whether both codes would make an example of him (if prosecuted).

Either way you'd have to think he sits out 2015 in either code..

IMO I don't condone drug use and cocaine is a nasty drug on the moral scale however you cut it BUT IMO not as morally corrupt as the ASADA affair or the Blake Ferguson case.

I'm just so surprised... To the extent that I have faith there is much more to this. Buy even a lesser foul of being a professional sportsman and taking cocaine is pretty shitty.

If you were someone of K's profile surely you could put a few minnions between you and the supply chain if coke was your thing. Astoundingly dumb or extremely sad addiction issue if that isn't the case.

Dell's book.. Some truisms in there about the purebreds and traditionalist saying the leaguies are only trouble...

gordjw

gordjw

NRL Player
Jun 29, 2013

Kids can have sporting role models, why not?

Athletic achievement is as important as scientific and cultural.

We probably place too athletes too high in this country, but that doesn't make it unimportant.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.