Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Re: Karmichael Hunt charged with supplying Cocaine

From the CM:

Up to 6 Titans players involved, they have only named Falloon and Dowling

Falloon and Dowling have been stood down pending their march 5 court hearing.

Titans no longer have a training ground as they have left the southport school they were at due to the situation

Cullen says there were no indications Hunt was taking cocaine while at the Broncos.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...sland-drug-probe/story-fniabrr8-1227232342706

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013

Just clearing cap space for dce

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009

What about kids whose family members are bums, violent, or just scum? By dreaming of something better than a generational cycle is sometimes the only way people can achieve despite limited opportunities.

It's an excellent point you make and a valid one. I think it's important to distinguish from a role model to an inspiration. For eg. a Sportsperson should be someone you aspire to be, but they really shouldn't be a role model. In the case of family members who are 'bums' violent or scum, I think it's really extended family, teachers or social workers that should be the role models. They are the people you go to and demonstrate the way to live your life.

Kids should definitely inspire to be a sportsperson and should look to them to demonstrate the way to train, play and behave off the field, but a role model does more than that provide a way of life.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008

If your kid's a fuckup, it won't be because Karmichael Hunt took cocaine (allegedly).

/end role models debate.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008

But geez it would be a tough discussion to have with young kids about why he's not playing this weekend and definitely not the right catalyst or segue for that discussion.

BTW your superhero takes drugs, but I don't want you to take them, because they can ruin your life.

Smokin' Joe

Smokin' Joe

QCup Player
Dec 11, 2013
Wow what a surprise. I read Wendell's book recently. He only got two years because he tested positive on game day (after admitttng use four days before at a music industry party). Mandatory 2 year ban. K. Hunt, if he gets off on the alleged cocaine trafficking or lesser offences would not I assume be banned by ASADA. Whether he ARU or NRL took the decision to not register contracts or impose a ban or the like is another question. I wonder whether both codes would make an example of him (if prosecuted). Either way you'd have to think he sits out 2015 in either code.. IMO I don't condone drug use and cocaine is a nasty drug on the moral scale however you cut it BUT IMO not as morally corrupt as the ASADA affair or the Blake Ferguson case. I'm just so surprised... To the extent that I have faith there is much more to this. Buy even a lesser foul of being a professional sportsman and taking cocaine is pretty shitty. If you were someone of K's profile surely you could put a few minnions between you and the supply chain if coke was your thing. Astoundingly dumb or extremely sad addiction issue if that isn't the case. Dell's book.. Some truisms in there about the purebreds and traditionalist saying the leaguies are only trouble...

Urban legend has it that another star player was with Wendell that day, and escaped down the back stairs while Dell took the fall.... Dell was offered a lighter sentence to become an informant on others, and knocked it back.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008

But geez it would be a tough discussion to have with young kids about why he's not playing this weekend and definitely not the right catalyst or segue for that discussion.

BTW your superhero takes drugs, but I don't want you to take them, because they can ruin your life.

what's so tough about that? You pretty much just nailed it in a nut shell ...

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008

The cheeky cynic in me wants to say that if Hunt cops a conviction for this, he'll probably rise to the top of Wayne Bennett's future wish list ...

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013

Have to feel for the titans, really. To be honest it's always going to end in tears. In theory it's a great area, some well established, quality businesses, an expanding region, and of course glamour. In reality though, it's a transient population, and such an image driven, style-over-substance mindset, that you're only in the consciousness of people until the next new thing comes along. While there will always be a small core of genuine, loyal fans, attracting new fans at a rate the same or higher than those that get distracted by something shiny would just be exhaustive.

For mine, it's just like the Sydney Roosters. They only survive because they're bankrolled up the backside, and because they are constantly signing big name players in order to keep a buzz of enthusiasm. And even then they still have one of the poorest member figures in the comp, and survive on buying premierships followed by 5-10 years of rebuilding, mediocrity and a few wooden spoons.

To blame the Titans on the actions of these two players, or at least to feel that they deserve something like this, is ignoring the struggles that they are helpless to overcome.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008

Have to feel for the titans, really. To be honest it's always going to end in tears. In theory it's a great area, some well established, quality businesses, an expanding region, and of course glamour. In reality though, it's a transient population, and such an image driven, style-over-substance mindset, that you're only in the consciousness of people until the next new thing comes along. While there will always be a small core of genuine, loyal fans, attracting new fans at a rate the same or higher than those that get distracted by something shiny would just be exhaustive.

For mine, it's just like the Sydney Roosters. They only survive because they're bankrolled up the backside, and because they are constantly signing big name players in order to keep a buzz of enthusiasm. And even then they still have one of the poorest member figures in the comp, and survive on buying premierships followed by 5-10 years of rebuilding, mediocrity and a few wooden spoons.

To blame the Titans on the actions of these two players, or at least to feel that they deserve something like this, is ignoring the struggles that they are helpless to overcome.

They were absolutely flying after year three (2009) ... Had just made a prelim final, had a rock solid playing group of predominantly straight shooters and the Gold Coast public absolutely fucking loved them ...

Incredible how badly the wheels have fallen off from that point ...

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008

I am back after having the off season off.

God I love league, it never changes.

There is always some drama leading up to the start of the season. The dramas get worse each year.

IMO: The Titans are fucked again.

Living on the GC, the people here leave teams in droves if they aren't winning.

The only team that are increasing crowds are the Gold Coast Suns. (though heaps of ex Melbourne people are retiring to the GC)

GC is a lost cause for League, as it's now AFL territory.

I think the Titans can now say, DCE won't be signing with them. (not that he was going to sign with them anyway.)

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014

I've heard Charlie Sheen wants to become a member.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014

Lol these just keep coming...

10343484_800135960039866_8225165995264729226_n.jpg

1604641_10153044090489351_3169639055167005420_n.jpg

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013

According to CM more charges to be laid after Cowboys V Titans trial tomorrow night while investigators looking at more players from Reds and Suns

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013

I hope what I am seeing on Twitter is not true

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008

EDIT

Last edited by a moderator:

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.