[Confirmed] Hannant to Cowboys

With Hannant now gone, we need another prop with experience. Get on the phone to Mason Benny. He would come cheap, has decent size and we only need him off the bench.

With Hannant now gone, we need another prop with experience. Get on the phone to Mason Benny. He would come cheap, has decent size and we only need him off the bench.

I'd prefer he try and rehabilitate Kennedy, and mould Garbutt/Molo/Dodds and Ofahengaue.

We have some good young props here that could be anything....with the right mentoring.

Why do people want us to sign a bloody 35 year old who can only play 10-15 minutes a game? we need players 10+ years younger than that.

Why do people want us to sign a bloody 35 year old who can only play 10-15 minutes a game? we need players 10+ years younger than that.

Because despite his age, he still bends does a job that none of our other forwards have done for a long time.

I'd prefer he try and rehabilitate Kennedy, and mould Garbutt/Molo/Dodds and Ofahengaue.

We have some good young props here that could be anything....with the right mentoring.

Thus the need for Mason
Our most veteran prop is McGuire and he certainly isn't a veteran the youngsters can look up to. Experience in the front row is always a bonus on any team. With Hannant gone, we lose quite a bit of front row leadership unless Parker is put there fulltime.

I'm not sure you have to play in the front row to show the forwards leadership

Hannant will still be used as a benchie up in the North as Scott and Tamou are probably the best front row combo in the comp and Ben will have a battle on his hands to get a start.

Hannant will still be used as a benchie up in the North as Scott and Tamou are probably the best front row combo in the comp and Ben will have a battle on his hands to get a start.

Sims was starting ahead of Tamou in the backend of the season this year so it is not inconceivable.

Honestly it's doing my head in.

The Broncos may need to sign a front rower, especially if Kennedy continues to be useless but players like Mason and Kaufusi should be the last players we should consider signing.

Ben Spina would have been a good choice, but he's staying with the Cowboys.

Because despite his age, he still bends does a job that none of our other forwards have done for a long time.
He doesn't do a very good job lol. He literally plays like 10 minutes off the bench.

He doesn't do a very good job lol. He literally plays like 10 minutes off the bench.

Better than Hannant coming on and dropping the ball or Hala doing one hitup and then disappearing. I'm starting to think nobody watched Mason play this year. He's still a damn good player and a one year contract whilst waiting for someone else to be ready makes a lot of sense. Bench players are supposed to make an impact, which he does.

Better than Hannant coming on and dropping the ball or Hala doing one hitup and then disappearing. I'm starting to think nobody watched Mason play this year. He's still a damn good player and a one year contract whilst waiting for someone else to be ready makes a lot of sense. Bench players are supposed to make an impact, which he does.
and thats why ive wanted hannant gone for years.

i watched mason play and he was decent, but again - 10 minutes of decent a game from a 35 year old isnt something the Broncos should even remotely be considering.

hes not enough of an impact player to warrant signing.

The Cowboys would be best off using Hannant and Scott to start with Tamou coming off the bench... Hannant isn't a bench prop IMO, not enough impact, i think he is far better suited to the workhorse role.

so the Cowboys should be starting him with Scott to set the platform, then unleash Tamou after 20 mins or so against tiring defence

The Cowboys would be best off using Hannant and Scott to start with Tamou coming off the bench... Hannant isn't a bench prop IMO, not enough impact, i think he is far better suited to the workhorse role.

so the Cowboys should be starting him with Scott to set the platform, then unleash Tamou after 20 mins or so against tiring defence

Great post. I'd disagree slightly though. IMO, Hannant's best performances have occurred when the starting front rowers have set the platform that he can build on. I don't necessarily agree with some posts that bench players need to 'make an impact'. Teams that have all the running just need someone to come on and deliver the killing blow. Otherwise they need a player to take back momentum and start to regain some ascendancy. Hannant doesn't fill either of those roles. Sometimes players are best suited just to keep the roll going - which is what Hannant is great at.

I do agree about him being a workhorse type of player so the more minutes he plays the better which wouldn't be best served by sitting idly on the bench.

I can see Hannant having a strong year next year, especially with the 12m contract. Wouldn't it be bloody fantastic to see a QLD grand final with Broncs vs Cows... Been wishing for it for years!

YOU HAVE A SIGNATURE!!!

Active Now

• Jazza
  • The True King
  • KateBroncos1812
  • ostin86
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bucking Beads
  • Foordy
  • BroncosMan
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Johnny92
  • Kev_Guz
  • Battler
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.