[Confirmed] Hannant to Cowboys

Really not interested in Kaufusi tbh.....

I never really rated Kafusi although he might’ve really improved. I wouldn't know, I've never watched anything but occasional highlights of the SL.

I'm with Spwn on this one. Hannant seems like a good bloke but not upset he's leaving. Personally I think between Garbutt, McGuire, Kennedy, Molo and Ofahengaue we have enough talent to work with. Sure some won't work out but to me I'd rather fail trying our juniors rather than retain a solid aging props who is no longer able to be a difference maker at the position.

I might even go out on a limb and say that Joe Ofahengaue would be one of the favourites for the starting job next year (Note: This is assuming that Bennett doesn't want to run the same rotation as this year with Parker at prop and Gillett at lock, which I didn't like.)

8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Ofahengaue
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker (c)

14. Thaiday
15. Oates
16. Kennedy
17. Garbutt

Something like that would be pretty awesome, I know Joe is only very young still, but in NYC this year he showed that fitness/motor is not a problem, he can play big minutes and get through a lot of work, he's a massive metre eater as well.. Pretty keen to see what he can produce at NRL level.

Not sure if starting is on the horizon but looking at that team (but swapping Kennedy and Joe) I feel much happier with Joe getting that bench spot than Hannant.

about damn time. shouldve been gone years ago. couldnt be happier to get rid of "the best prop in the game" as rated by BHQ lol.

Now if only we could get rid of the other nuffies in Gillett and Thaiday, we'd easily have over a million to play with to buy some actual good players.

My tip for a breakout season 2015
Mitchell Dodds
you heard it here first.:cheer2:

Hooray! goodbye forever "Homesick" or "Half of the season" Hannant.

Based on what we have now, with no extra signings, I'd like to see: 8. McQuire, 9. McC, 10. Kennedy/ ?, 11. Glenn (don't rate him, but we aren't going to get rid of him), 12. Thaiday, 13. Parker, 14. J. Nikorima/ Garbutt, 15. Gillet, 16. Ofahengaue, 17. Oates.

My tip for a breakout season 2015
Mitchell Dodds
you heard it here first.:cheer2:

Was going to say that Dodds is still alive. He's the type that Bennett works well with.

Personally, I would've torn up Kennedy's contract in his face, gave half his money to Hannant and the other half to a young front rower who was desperate for a big break. How many quality front rowers are stuck in the Souffs and Rorters reserve grade at the moment?

I really hope Dodds gets a spot next year. He was going realm well in the back end of 13. Was pushing for a starting spot and is great defensively.

I'd love to have someone on the bench who can come on and put on some big hits in defence, like Te'o has been doing for Souffs. I remember Dodds was noted for his defence, but I can't remember if he ever smashed anyone though.

Can we see these posts?

I can't recall anyone saying that he was the best prop in the game..

Go find the broncos vs cowboys post match thread from earlier this year iirc, there was one game where he played well and bhq was crowing about him being the best prop in the game.

Last edited:

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Santa
  • Browny
  • Morkel
  • Alec
  • Nerd
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Skathen
  • Tmac
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Bish
  • mystico
  • Adammacca
  • Brocko
  • Ras
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Jazza
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.