[Confirmed] Hannant to Cowboys

Strange he's only signed a one-year deal ?

Pressure on to perform next year for sure.

Not really strange, it makes sense, they'll get a chance to see if he's still got what it takes, if he plays well they'll sign him for an extra 2-3 years and let him see out his career there, if not he'll probably finish his career in England.

Im disappointed to be losing Hannant, but IMO, he wasn't used right with us. I think he is more of a workhorse type prop that would be better starting instead of coming off the bench.

Go find the broncos vs cowboys post match thread from earlier this year iirc, there was one game where he played well and bhq was crowing about him being the best prop in the game.

Again you're talking rubbish. You find the posts to back up your ridiculous claims that the forum was talking up Hannant as the best prop in the game instead of of this wishy washy nonsense "oh iirc there was one game he played blah blah". You're still living in your fantasy land where you make these outlandish claims about other people and never back them up.

Go find the broncos vs cowboys post match thread from earlier this year iirc, there was one game where he played well and bhq was crowing about him being the best prop in the game.
:laugh: who is BHQ? I'm on here a lot and I don't remember someone saying he is the best prop in the game, let alone the collective user base of BHQ, which BTW, you're a part of.

This is the thread AP was referring to and it from last year after the Round 6 clash against the Cowboys.

https://broncoshq.com/brisbane-broncos-talk/21438-ben-hannant.html

If you're too lazy to read basically pwn said Hannant was the best prop in the game right now, b4l backed him up and the rest of us who posted in that thread were like 'geez, he played well last night but he still has some ways to go'. How a minority view point is considered a collective viewpoint I don't know but AP struggled to get his facts straight right from the get go so just put it down to him baiting.

I also posted the link because I gave my thoughts on Hannant's tenure at the Broncos and very little has changed since then. Basically, I was happy to have him back but outside of 2012, didn't feel like we got our moneys worth out of him.

It's a shame because I have a soft spot for the polar bear but the Broncos made a tough call and hopefully it pays off in the long term.

I'm also glad that out of the clubs he chose to go to, he ended up going to the Cowboys. They're really going to be hard to stop next year and I'll be looking forward to our first clash against them. No doubt Benny will be fired up.

So that's BHQ "crowing" about Hannant being the best prop in the game. Good job.

Seriously, i don't think Hannant is the prop we needed going forward anyway.
He's a fine wholehearted competitor, but we need bigger, more aggressive props to compete with the bigger packa of the comp.

I had an awesome, infallible theory. That he was only going to the Cowboys until Hodgo retires, then he'll be back. That's why the Broncos only offered him a lower amount for the first couple of years, as they don't yet know when Hodges will pull the pin. So Benny can get paid somewhat reasonably in the meantime, leave his family here, FIFO, and he'll be back in a year or two.

Then he came on the radio and said he's moving the family with him. First chink in the armor...

This is the thread AP was referring to and it from last year after the Round 6 clash against the Cowboys.

https://broncoshq.com/brisbane-broncos-talk/21438-ben-hannant.html

If you're too lazy to read basically pwn said Hannant was the best prop in the game right now, b4l backed him up and the rest of us who posted in that thread were like 'geez, he played well last night but he still has some ways to go'. How a minority view point is considered a collective viewpoint I don't know but AP struggled to get his facts straight right from the get go so just put it down to him baiting.
wow time flies! didnt realise it was that long ago haha. my apologies on that one. it was more than just 2 people though, and thats not the original thread.

looking at my posts in there i said i was happy for him to leave if he just kept plodding along, and plod along he did.

Last edited:
wow time flies! didnt realise it was that long ago haha. my apologies on that one.

looking at my posts in there i said i was happy for him to leave if he just kept plodding along, and plod along he did.

Congratulations, you must feel like a much bigger man now

Last edited:
it was more than just 2 people though, and thats not the original thread.

The discussion was moved from the Player and Movement thread after you called for Hannant's sacking

Nobody referred to Hannant as the best prop in the game in that thread nor in the Cowboys post-match thread.

Only two people agreed that Hannant was THE best prop in the game - another said he was one of the form props alongside Woods and Merrin.

It was a bait and a pretty stupid one at that.

wow time flies! didnt realise it was that long ago haha. my apologies on that one. it was more than just 2 people though, and thats not the original thread.

Accepted. And yeah you're right, he wasn't providing value anymore, I would have kept him around if he did accept the 100k offer because he's easily worth that but this year he was just average, so while I rate him as a guy, he's no longer worth keeping around. Interested to see how he goes under a new coach and team though.

Pretty indifferent to this news. I guess the exciting part is speculating where the money from him and Hoffman goes.

The realistic answer is player upgrades and Boyd but it's nice to imagine a big name prop arriving. Oh, Maybe it's a straight swap for Matt Scott or James Tamou.

Pretty indifferent to this news. I guess the exciting part is speculating where the money from him and Hoffman goes.

The realistic answer is player upgrades and Boyd but it's nice to imagine a big name prop arriving. Oh, Maybe it's a straight swap for Matt Scott or James Tamou.
Sounds more like salary cap issues. Hoffmans money will go to Boyd and they had only offered Hannant $100000 apparently

Disappointed, but not surprised.

The previous time I'd ran in to a Broncos player in the wilderness, it heralded the end of their Broncos career. Poor Denan Kemp. I ran in to Hannant on Sunday.

I ran into Bodene Thompson at Bondi on the weekend, what does that mean?:rofl:

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • broncos4life
  • Waynesaurus
  • Aldo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Tim K
  • Allo
  • Mr Fourex
  • Rah88
  • Harry Sack
  • Financeguy
  • Brocko
  • Battler
  • broncsgoat
  • Fozz
  • Sproj
  • Galah
  • Mustafur
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Justwin
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.