[Confirmed] Hannant to Cowboys

Re: [Rumour] Hannant to Titans

Well if that's the money we were going to offer Packer, I hope he takes it. There must be some mind of concessions available to top that offer up though like long-term player et al.

I assume saving money for McGuire is a big part of it

Garbutt, Kennedy, Packer, Mason would make for a scary prop rotation.

Well if that's the money we were going to offer Packer, I hope he takes it. There must be some mind of concessions available to top that offer up though like long-term player et al.

Hannant wouldn't qualify anyway. He's only been back for 4 seasons now.

Who are we trying to save the money for ... Boyd I gather?

I think we are just flat out tapped out cap wise
apparently the deal is heavily backended
he wants to stay which is great news for us but in the end money talks and he has a family to feed

We've gotta start thinking about having a lot of money spare for 2016 to ensure McGuire / Hunt and co. stay here, if we lowball them, they're gone.

just wondering if anyone knows roughly how much agents take from a players contract, and/or are there any other deductions that would come into play before the net pay reaches the player.

eg hannant offered 100k, how much of that does his agent take, what would be the net result for him?

ive got a friend in media (radio) who was on contract that was higher than my salary at the time but taking home much less than me a week after agent fees and what not.

I've thought the standard is 10% for player managers but I'd imagine it would be something that was negotiated, as a better manager who can get you a higher salary might be worth 15%

I love that everyone has Garbutt pencilled into the starting side, and I hope you're right , but at best he has untested potential at this level. fingers crossed.

I assume saving money for McGuire is a big part of it

Garbutt, Kennedy, Packer, Mason would make for a scary prop rotation.

So we're going to push Hannant out the door with that insulting offer, then go and sign Packer (who in his best year barely offers us as much as Hannant) and Mason ... are you out if your fucking mind?

Besides it's been confirmed that Bennett won't be bringing Mason

just wondering if anyone knows roughly how much agents take from a players contract, and/or are there any other deductions that would come into play before the net pay reaches the player.

eg hannant offered 100k, how much of that does his agent take, what would be the net result for him?

ive got a friend in media (radio) who was on contract that was higher than my salary at the time but taking home much less than me a week after agent fees and what not.

They refer to them at "the eight percenters" if that's of any relevance. Contrary to what [MENTION=2021]broncospwn[/MENTION] said though, I doubt it'd go up much above 10%, let alone 15%, as a better manager still gets more as it'd be 8% of a bigger pie.

So we're going to push Hannant out the door with that insulting offer, then go and sign Packer (who in his best year barely offers us as much as Hannant) and Mason ... are you out if your ****ing mind?

Besides it's been confirmed that Bennett won't be bringing Mason

Yeah that was just a random thought I had. I rate Hannant a better player than all of them and a better bloke than at least two of them.

I was just saying that if all the roumored movement (regardless of likely hood) came true, our pack would at least have an intimidating look to it.

Hannant is off to the Cowboys apparently.

Press conference not too far away.

i feel a bit sad that hannant is going, though i often thought we needed a bit more out of him, he was pretty decent this year.

I'm happy he is gone because I think we can do better but I'm genuinely disappointed as well because he comes across as such a great bloke and a real professional.

I wish him all the best and hope he goes really well with whichever way he chooses.

The North Queensland Toyota Cowboys will have another forward with State of Origin and Test experience in their NRL squad next season after signing Ben Hannant to a one-year contract today.
The 29-year-old, who has played 12 matches for Queensland and six for Australia, will move north from the Brisbane Broncos to bolster the Cowboys’ forward pack as North Queensland chase a fifth consecutive finals appearance.
Hannant has played 192 NRL matches after starting his career with the Sydney Roosters in 2005 and won a premiership with the Brisbane Broncos in 2006.
His Origin debut came in 2008 and was followed by his first Test for the Kangaroos in 2009.
“I’m really looking forward to the opportunities that playing with the Cowboys will present,” Hannant said today.
“They have a high calibre roster looking to take the next step and it’s going to be great to be able to train and play with the likes of JT and Matt Scott who I know really well from Origin.”
Cowboys general manager – football Peter Parr said North Queensland had secured another significant asset by signing Hannant for 2015.
“Ben is a quality forward who brings plenty of top-level experience to our club,” Parr said.

Source:Hannant signs on with the Cowboys - Cowboys

they're going to have a strong pack next year

Active Now

• Totally Unr3al
  • Battler
  • Fitzy
  • NSW stables
  • Old Mate
  • BruiserMk1
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Robboi_321
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • Kev_Guz
  • sooticus
  • phoenix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.