[Confirmed] Hannant to Cowboys

Re: [Rumour] Hannant to Titans

If we get Paul Vaughan... The Raiders would burn down the houses of everyone that has anything to do with the Broncos. They are already livid over the Milford loss lol.

Since when is the word rant offensive?

1. Violent or extravagant speech or writing.
2. A speech or piece of writing that incites anger or violence: "The vast majority [of teenagers logged onto the Internet] did not encounter recipes for pipe bombs or deranged rants about white supremacy" (Daniel Okrent).

Nothing I wrote fits the dictionary description or examples if you like. You may have invented a new meaning although the use of the word was simply meant to be derogatory . Yes, the word rant is offensive when used as you used it.

2. A speech or piece of writing that incites anger or violence: "The vast majority [of teenagers logged onto the Internet] did not encounter recipes for pipe bombs or deranged rants about white supremacy" (Daniel Okrent).

Nothing I wrote fits the dictionary description or examples if you like. You may have invented a new meaning although the use of the word was simply meant to be derogatory . Yes, the word rant is offensive when used as you used it.

You have to be kidding me! Good god.

My sincerest apologies for offending you by the use of the word 'rant'. Prior to this I was unaware how truly offensive the R word is, when I reflect back now and think of all the other people I have inadvertently offended by my flagrant use of the R word I am truly horrified.

I would like to take this opportunity to formally apologise for any damage I have caused to anyone through the use of the R word. I accept that the damage caused may well be beyond repair, however I will endeavour to make every effort to undo the hurt so we can all start to heal.

God bless

I concede I don't know what was said verbatim nor do I know who's choice it was to dump Hannant. What I do know is Griffin put his hand up for the axing and stated that Hannant was dropped by him and he, Hannant knows what I expect from him and which areas need change. I also note that Griffin is portraying himself as the master of affairs and accordingly I direct at he who accepts responsibility.

Your assertion that this situation must lay somewhere between two extremes is not necessarily correct. Hannant may in fact be totally blameless and Griffins dislike of him ( perhaps lifestyle, religion etc ) may have motivated Griffin to treat him unjustly. It's happened before and for less of a reason. I'm not saying Griffin has done so before just that it does happen that people are victimised.

Also, I object to your description of my point if view. It is hardly a ' rant ' anymore than your offerings on here are.

Since you don't know what was said, and seem to have just decided to blame Griffin ( i apologize if this is not the case), it could be the complete opposite of your hypothetical (about Hannant being completely blamless) and it may be that Hannant was 100% in the wrong with what he supposedly said to the younger player, and deserved what he got.

unless we know what was said, what the club had heard was said, who was responsible for decision to have Hannant dropped, we will never know whose side to take.

You sound like you've had some practice with apology letters? I had to write one recently and it didn't come anywhere near as easily as that seemed to. Copying and pasting to letter templates right now. ;)

I have written my fair share of apologies haha. Glad I could be of assistance :)

Since you don't know what was said, and seem to have just decided to blame Griffin ( i apologize if this is not the case), it could be the complete opposite of your hypothetical (about Hannant being completely blamless) and it may be that Hannant was 100% in the wrong with what he supposedly said to the younger player, and deserved what he got.

unless we know what was said, what the club had heard was said, who was responsible for decision to have Hannant dropped, we will never know whose side to take.

Aside from pointless this is ultimately frustrating. I didnt just arbitrarily choose to blame Griffin, he fucking put his hand up for it as the very next sentence indicates. A sentence you somehow must have missed.

Aside from pointless this is ultimately frustrating. I didnt just arbitrarily choose to blame Griffin, he fucking put his hand up for it as the very next sentence indicates. A sentence you somehow must have missed.

You wouldn't honestly expect him to say something along the lines of "I wanted to keep Hannant in the side, but was ordered to drop him" do you.

The press were guaranteed to ask the question about Hannant and there was no way he was going to blame anyone else ... regardless if he was ordered to drop him or not. just more BS/PR given by a coach to the press.

You done with the sissy fit?

You have to be kidding me! Good god.

My sincerest apologies for offending you by the use of the word 'rant'. Prior to this I was unaware how truly offensive the R word is, when I reflect back now and think of all the other people I have inadvertently offended by my flagrant use of the R word I am truly horrified.

I would like to take this opportunity to formally apologise for any damage I have caused to anyone through the use of the R word. I accept that the damage caused may well be beyond repair, however I will endeavour to make every effort to undo the hurt so we can all start to heal.

God bless
Are your panties in a twist?

ROOKIE front-rower Jarrod Wallace has emerged as a central figure in the contract inquiry that led to a showdown between Broncos coach Anthony Griffin and prop Ben Hannant.

Error Page
As the Broncos prepare to clash with the Titans on Friday night, The Courier-Mail can reveal a Broncos faction believes Hannant attempted to drive Wallace out of the club.
The first ruction occurred a fortnight ago, when Wallace, who will make his starting debut against his former Titans club, approached Hannant seeking career advice.

Off-contract at season’s end, the 22-year-old has a second child on the way and asked Hannant to gauge his market value as he prepared to enter contract talks with the Broncos.
Hannant, who is Brisbane’s Rugby League Players Association delegate, gave Wallace a ballpark figure and advised him to do the best thing for his family.
But the informal advice sparked the ire of Griffin, who summoned Hannant to his office and subsequently axed him for last week’s clash against the Cowboys.

Hannant has since been recalled to face the Titans, but Broncos officialdom believe the Wallace incident is proof the former Test prop is advising players not to stay at Red Hill.
Hannant argues otherwise, pointing out former front-row legends Shane Webcke and Petero Civoniceva routinely gave career advice and mentoring to younger Broncos.
Griffin insists there is no rift with the 29-year-old, but it appears increasingly unlikely Hannant and Wallace will both be on Brisbane’s books next season.
With the front-row colleagues playing for their Broncos futures, Brisbane co-captain Corey Parker said he had no issue with senior players offering career advice.
But Parker, who manages himself, admitted he would be concerned if any advice was used to brainwash younger colleagues.

“If you’re asking me about younger players talking to old players, I don’t see a drama in that,” Parker said.
“I’d like to think I have a door-open policy. If someone here at the Broncos has a question, it doesn’t matter who it is, then I would be happy to talk to them.
“But it all depends on the agenda. As long as senior players aren’t trying to force players out of a club, I don’t see an issue.
“I would like to think a senior player can offer (younger teammates) some valuable advice.”

Wallace is at a delicate juncture of his career.
The young father plays his 16th career game on Friday and has already had to leave one club, the Titans, to secure a regular first-grade berth.
The raw-boned prop told The Courier-Mail last week he hoped to stay at the Broncos to remain close to family support networks.
“I just need to get on the field and do as much as I can. I need to impress everyone here,” he said.
“My little girl is growing so fast and is just so full of life and I have another kid coming.
“I’m hoping I can stay at the Broncos.”

The fact that people think it's even possible that Hannant gave Wallace that sort of advice for his own benefit is disgusting, there's absolutely no way on earth that was his motive.

The fact that people think it's even possible that Hannant gave Wallace that sort of advice for his own benefit is disgusting, there's absolutely no way on earth that was his motive.

And how do you know this?

there are some that believe the Griffins lets the players do as they please. turns out not to be the case with Hannant at least.

I think Sloth needs to spend a little less time policing conversations between players and a little more on creating something called a game plan. Just saying.

Off-contract at season’s end, the 22-year-old has a second child on the way and asked Hannant to gauge his market value as he prepared to enter contract talks with the Broncos.
Hannant, who is Brisbane’s Rugby League Players Association delegate, gave Wallace a ballpark figure and advised him to do the best thing for his family.
But the informal advice sparked the ire of Griffin, who summoned Hannant to his office and subsequently axed him for last week’s clash against the Cowboys.

Hannant has since been recalled to face the Titans, but Broncos officialdom believe the Wallace incident is proof the former Test prop is advising players not to stay at Red Hill.
Hannant argues otherwise, pointing out former front-row legends Shane Webcke and Petero Civoniceva routinely gave career advice and mentoring to younger Broncos.

geez what an unforgivable bastard act by Hannant - offering a young kid objective career advice.

I've seen EXACTLY this sort of thing play out from another coach in another team in another professional sport league in Australia that I was working closely with in a previous career ... It is classic / telltale behaviour from a coach who knows he's under pressure and goes looking for a skapegoat to deflect the blame onto...

It backfired on this other coach and it's backfiring on Griffin too.

Last edited:

I think Sloth needs to spend a little less time policing conversations between players and a little more on creating something called a game plan. Just saying.

It's the signature play from a coach who knows he's under serious pressure - find a skapegoat

Active Now

• IceWorks
  • bb_gun
  • Harry Sack
  • Justwin
  • Cavalo
  • Lurker
  • Xzei
  • Battler
  • Allo
  • Browny
  • mrtij
  • Scdeac
  • Foordy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Kev_Guz
  • Santa
  • Skyblues87
  • broncos4life
  • Fozz
  • davidp
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.