[Confirmed] Hannant to Cowboys

Re: [Rumour] Hannant to Titans

Craddock compared him to Kevin Pietersen (personality wise) in the paper today.

I saw that too. Still seems a bit off to me, unless he's causing major friction off field?

Nothing to do but wait and see, I guess

Last edited:

Sounds kinda hard to believe ??

But then again, none of us really know him .... so he might be a total dickwad around the side.

I don't know who Kevin Pietersen is, so I have no idea what his personality is like, but how come these issues only occured now? Hannant by all reports has always been very professional on and off the field... I still think there's something fishy occuring behind the scenes.

A family man who is also a Mormon compared to KP. Craddock is getting crazy in his old age I swear it.

Apparently something along these lines:

A younger player asked him for contract advice (erhaps he wasn't happy with his manager) Whatever Hannant's advice was pissed off the Broncos.

Apparently something along these lines:

A younger player asked him for contract advice (erhaps he wasn't happy with his manager) Whatever Hannant's advice was ****ed off the Broncos.

That could very well be true. Hannant trying to get himself a deal at Broncos and Broncos not coming to the party. Young player asks Hannant for advice and Hannant gives shit advice because he is pissed at the club. Seems childish from both parties IMO.

I don't know who Kevin Pietersen is, so I have no idea what his personality is like, but how come these issues only occured now? Hannant by all reports has always been very professional on and off the field... I still think there's something fishy occuring behind the scenes.

Kevin Pietersen is a former English test cricketer that was known to have an arrogant attitude and demeanour and always struck opposing fans as being a prick. He was a very good and talented player though no doubt about it.

Crash comparing Hannant to Pietersen is just odd and I wonder what he was thinking when he wrote it.

Thanks for that Bman, that isn't at all how I see Hannant after many years of watching him.
I guess the truth about the dropping will come out sooner or later, because "form" is a bullshit reason.

Not a cricket fan Spwny?

Nope, never watched a game for more than 5 minutes.

Just an utterly disgraceful turnout that Hannant was playing for Ipswich today. Just despicable.

“I’ve had a ball at Ipswich. It was a different brand of football, I had a free rein to pass and the Walker boys even gave me a message to chip kick in the final minutes."

Confirming what we all know, griffin tells his forwards not to pass...

Hannant also quoted as strongly denying rumours he told other players to leave. Also strong in his stance that hes a proffessional footballer but outside of that he is a wife and kids man, which is why people might think hes a little different.

:laugh:

While I doubt it's anything more than a rumour, Hannant isn't going to come out and say 'Yeah you're right, I DID tell those kids to look elsewhere and I would have got away with it too if it wasn't for Crash."

While the Walker Bros. are developing a reputation for being creative coaches, of course an NRL player is going to have more of a license to throw the ball around a bit - especially against one of the cellar dwellers.

I actually agree with the knock that he needs to show more aggression. He isn't alone by the by and others should have been dropped before hand.

Maybe this is a secret ploy from Griffin to send his players one-by-one to better coaches in the QLD cup to gain experience in how to be coached properly and bring that back to the team each week.

I can can just imagine the conversation on Monday, "So Ben, what did Ben & Shane tell you to do all week?"

:laugh:

I actually agree with the knock that he needs to show more aggression. He isn't alone by the by and others should have been dropped before hand.

well that is certainly true. our forward pack is soft.

i wonder if hannant will be named in firsts this week.

Sounds like Griffin doesn't like some harsh truths.

So Hannant was not even advising someone to leave straight up, a player actually approached him and he gave an honest opinion. That sounds perfectly reasonable and what I would hope to expect from a person.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Galah
  • Dash
  • Allo
  • barker
  • Harry Sack
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • bb_gun
  • Fozz
  • BroncsNBundy
  • mrtij
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.