[Confirmed] Hannant to Cowboys

Re: [Rumour] Hannant to Titans

I feel like if Ben Hannant were around the club back in the glory days he'd have been told to leave the way Wally, Gilly etc. were as they entered the decline stage of their careers. Despite some recent good form I don't think Hannant is a long term asset and am actually glad we have decided to move on. Sadly, this is the extent to which I can compare Hook's tenure with that of the 90's Broncos.

Hannant last 3 games - 351 Metres, 30 Hit-Ups, 93 Tackles
Kennedy last 3 games - 228 Metres, 24 Hit-Ups, 71 Tackles

Wot r u doin Greffan

Would be sorry to see him go. Despite injuries hampering him, his effort/commitment is unquestionable, and his experience/ball playing is an asset. Especially given the efforts of Kennedy et al.

I'd be happy keeping him on around the 350k bracket. 500k is excessive unless we're talking top shelf talent. While I'd rather he extends with us, I couldn't begrudge him chasing bigger dollars as he enters his twilight years.

Regarding our options, I'd hope Hala steps up, but am on the fence until he can prove effective in longer stints. Hopefully see Molo get a shot soon too, but I haven't seen enough to comment. If he is available at some point, I'd chase Lloyd Perrett. From what I saw of the Origin U20's, he's a unit.

Hannant last 3 games - 351 Metres, 30 Hit-Ups, 93 Tackles
Kennedy last 3 games - 228 Metres, 24 Hit-Ups, 71 Tackles

Wot r u doin Greffan

just goes to show and prove how good our coach really is and how he has his finger on the pulse and is doing his best for the team - Ben get out now while you can and go help the Titans to a premiership because while my arse points to the ground and Griffin is in charge with White and Gee we will struggle to be in the top 8 - probably never let alone the top 4 and win a GF

I have mentioned this before on here but will say it again

why dont we set up a meeting with White Gee and Dumbo and ask some hard straight forward question - not ansie pansie ones - lets hit them hard and see what happens - lets tell them exactly how we feel and what we think - no use continually saying stuff on here - they need to hear it direct - is anybody up for it

He's had a few injuries lately, and struggled in weeks coming off those injuries... but once he gets a few games under his belt, he's quality. Important signing in 2011, unlike Kennedy this year when we didn't even need another workhorse who is inferior to our 2 (or even 3, if Parker plays in the front row).

We are paying overs for him now, and it's not helping that we are paying even bigger overs for Kennedy. One of them has to go or sign for less.

just goes to show and prove how good our coach really is and how he has his finger on the pulse and is doing his best for the team - Ben get out now while you can and go help the Titans to a premiership because while my arse points to the ground and Griffin is in charge with White and Gee we will struggle to be in the top 8 - probably never let alone the top 4 and win a GF

why dont we set up a meeting with White Gee and Dumbo and ask some hard straight forward question - not ansie pansie ones - lets hit them hard and see what happens - lets tell them exactly how we feel and what we think - no use continually saying stuff on here - they need to hear it direct - is anybody up for it

Yeah I'm sure Hannant will help them get more lucky intercept tries to win games :)

why do people persist with blaming White for on field performance ...

White's job is the off field operations of the club, and no one can argue that they are excelling. hell everyone was up in arms about Cullen interfering in on field operations.

White doesn't even select the coach, the board do that.

White IS doing his job well ensuring off the field, the Brisbane Broncos continue to lead the way.

P.S

name me one coach/CEO/recruitment manager, from any club that would sit down with fans because they aren't happy with selections/performance etc... it just wouldn't happen, no club would do it,

why do people persist with blaming White for on field performance ...

White's job is the off field operations of the club, and no one can argue that they are excelling. hell everyone was up in arms about Cullen interfering in on field operations.

White doesn't even select the coach, the board do that.

White IS doing his job well ensuring off the field, the Brisbane Broncos continue to lead the way.

P.S

name me one coach/CEO/recruitment manager, from any club that would sit down with fans because they aren't happy with selections/performance etc... it just wouldn't happen, no club would do it,

But but but...White signed Pirtek as a sponsor! An Eels sponsor! It may have helped secure the financial future of the Broncos, but it was an Eels sponsor! He is shit and not doing his job properly!

Yeah I think they're all free at 11.00am on Friday... :rolleyes:

Of course they are just going to sit down, admit we are right, sack themselves on the spot and everything will be roses...

Kent on NRL 360 says it's not about performance but rather that Hannant doesn't fit the culture of the Broncs, a square peg in a round hole in his words.

Hannant is is apparently agreeable to going south with his family and Knights and Manly are on the list.

How does Hannant all of a sudden not fit the culture? He has been playing under Hook for 3 years. I reckon the Knights will be all over Hannant.

If someone like Hannant, who honestly seems like a really nice person, doesn't fit into the side there is something really bad going on with the club.

If someone like Hannant, who honestly seems like a really nice person, doesn't fit into the side there is something really bad going on with the club.

But a we have is Paul Kents word on that... And thats not very reliable, especially given he hates us and puts the boot in whenever he can.

Agreeable to going South....What happened to being homesick last time, Ben?

he tries too hard and leaves nothing in the tank. that's not our culture guys

Exactly, he's a family guy, puts everything in to his game, what about that is offensive to what the Broncos aspire to?

If he is going to knights i expect to see him back again....when bennett returns and overthrows griffin as coach!!!!

Craddock compared him to Kevin Pietersen (personality wise) in the paper today.

Active Now

• Wild Horse
  • Brocko
  • pagey
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • kman
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Allo
  • Scdeac
  • winslow_wong
  • Johnny92
  • Lurker
  • barker
  • Waynesaurus
  • Dash
  • FACTHUNT
  • Aldo
  • Galah
  • phoenix
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.