[Confirmed] Hannant to Cowboys

Re: [Rumour] Hannant to Titans

According to the mole a young player renegotiating his contract was offered $100k from the broncos and he asked hannant what he thought he could get. Hannant told him he could get 150k plus elsewhere

According to the mole a young player renegotiating his contract was offered $100k from the broncos and he asked hannant what he thought he could get. Hannant told him he could get 150k plus elsewhere

Yeah, if I was coach I wouldn't be happy with that.

Put yourself in Hannant's or the player's shoes. If you were the player, would you not want honesty? If you were Hannant, would you lie?

i cant exactly fault hannant for telling him the truth in his opinion. we'll never know exactly how it was worded.. how do we even know the player told hannant what he was offered from the broncos?

Put yourself in Hannant's or the player's shoes. If you were the player, would you not want honesty? If you were Hannant, would you lie?

If I was Hannant I would have said that it is not really my place to say. I love the broncos and would encourage anyone to stay at this club. As a RLPA I would advise you to representative I would advise you to talk to your manager before signing anything.

That's not lying and it's also not doing the wrong thing by the club.

If you told one of your colleagues they could earn heaps more at a competitor and your boss found out, I'm sure they would be pissed too

So Hannant was not even advising someone to leave straight up, a player actually approached him and he gave an honest opinion. That sounds perfectly reasonable and what I would hope to expect from a person.

I'd say it became chinese whispers at the club and it got out of hand.

The coaches job is to coach, not fucking proscribe a lifestyle or career choice. Griffin doesn't run the Broncos, he is an employee paid to coach the players how to play good football. The young footballer concerned could have learned what he was worth many ways so what Hannant allegedly did was no major crime.

I don't see how it's any concern of Griffins what a fellow employee of a business discusses with another fellow employee. In my line of work we often discuss what other firms are offering for our services and our bosses are kept on their game as a result. Stupid man Griffin apparently metaphorically cut his nose off to spite his face by dropping Hannant.

Hannant was never the type of frontrower who went out to intimidate or be highly aggressive. He was always like the great Martin Bella or tough Mark Hohn, a true metre gainer who would tackle all day until he dropped. Griffins a dickhead if he tried to make Hannant into some firebrand intimidator. Kennedy should have been told a month ago he was going to Intrust if he didn't aim up, not bloody Hannant.

I wish him the best and if he goes to the Titans or anywhere for that matter I hope he succeeds. I hope he takes Griffin with him too !!

Who really knows what happened? Happy to give Hannant the benefit of the doubt because there is so much conflicting info coming through on the rumour and the media are just having a field day because they need to sensationalise their reports to sell newspapers.

But say it did go down like that, I wouldn't be happy about it from a club perspective. Especially from an underperforming senior player who didn't show the club any loyalty when he was offered the big bucks.

And I think the latter is worth mentioning because I think that's what is really at stake here. If Hannant had been playing good football these past two years, I doubt he would have been in the firing line. He hadn't and so something had to give.

To Ben's credit, he showed up at Ipswich with the right attitude and did everything he could to raise his hand for re-admittance. Lesser players would have sooked and found themselves in FOGS.

Hopefully Martin takes a page out of Hannant's book.

Last edited:

The coaches job is to coach, not fucking proscribe a lifestyle or career choice. Griffin doesn't run the Broncos, he is an employee paid to coach the players how to play good football. The young footballer concerned could have learned what he was worth many ways so what Hannant allegedly did was no major crime.

I don't see how it's any concern of Griffins what a fellow employee of a business discusses with another fellow employee. In my line of work we often discuss what other firms are offering for our services and our bosses are kept on their game as a result. Stupid man Griffin apparently metaphorically cut his nose off to spite his face by dropping Hannant.

Hannant was never the type of frontrower who went out to intimidate or be highly aggressive. He was always like the great Martin Bella or tough Mark Hohn, a true metre gainer who would tackle all day until he dropped. Griffins a dickhead if he tried to make Hannant into some firebrand intimidator. Kennedy should have been told a month ago he was going to Intrust if he didn't aim up, not bloody Hannant.

I wish him the best and if he goes to the Titans or anywhere for that matter I hope he succeeds. I hope he takes Griffin with him too !!

What I'm finding amusing is some posters are trotting out the 'we don't know what was said' line, but will then just fill in the blanks to push their own story.

FTR I think griffin is a toss, but I also don't subscribe to the poor poor hannant theory either, this situation must be somewhere in between.

It's funny CP that you rant at griffin about being an employee etc. but you don't even know who's call it was. For all we know paul white could have said I'm sick of the Chinese whispers and hannant is fucking up our negotiations, dump the bastard

I concede I don't know what was said verbatim nor do I know who's choice it was to dump Hannant. What I do know is Griffin put his hand up for the axing and stated that Hannant was dropped by him and he, Hannant knows what I expect from him and which areas need change. I also note that Griffin is portraying himself as the master of affairs and accordingly I direct at he who accepts responsibility.

Your assertion that this situation must lay somewhere between two extremes is not necessarily correct. Hannant may in fact be totally blameless and Griffins dislike of him ( perhaps lifestyle, religion etc ) may have motivated Griffin to treat him unjustly. It's happened before and for less of a reason. I'm not saying Griffin has done so before just that it does happen that people are victimised.

Also, I object to your description of my point if view. It is hardly a ' rant ' anymore than your offerings on here are.

Let's just hope this sorry saga results in Hannant having Matt Scott like performances week-in-week-out.

All the rumours seem to point to Hannant heading to Newcastle. I don't mind if we lose him but I do mind that we have not signed a prop to replace him. If we are letting Hannant walk we should have a replacement already signed IMO.

I concede I don't know what was said verbatim nor do I know who's choice it was to dump Hannant. What I do know is Griffin put his hand up for the axing and stated that Hannant was dropped by him and he, Hannant knows what I expect from him and which areas need change. I also note that Griffin is portraying himself as the master of affairs and accordingly I direct at he who accepts responsibility.

Your assertion that this situation must lay somewhere between two extremes is not necessarily correct. Hannant may in fact be totally blameless and Griffins dislike of him ( perhaps lifestyle, religion etc ) may have motivated Griffin to treat him unjustly. It's happened before and for less of a reason. I'm not saying Griffin has done so before just that it does happen that people are victimised.

Also, I object to your description of my point if view. It is hardly a ' rant ' anymore than your offerings on here are.

Since when is the word rant offensive?

Since now. I'm offended and might just have to have a rant about it.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Fozz
  • Galah
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • Fitzy
  • Dash
  • Allo
  • barker
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.