CONGRATULATIONS: Broncos make the top Eight!

McHunt

NRL Player
Sunshine Coast
Canberra's win over Cronulla means we are almost certainly locked into the top Eight. The only thing that could derail us is if:

1. Balmain beats Illawarra <--- CHECK
2. Bulldogs beat Broncos <--- CHECK
3. Cronulla and Balmain draw next Sunday. <--- FAIL

Which means Seibold gets a pass mark for the season, if nothing else.

Last edited:

badyon

QCup Player
Mathematically we miss out if Tigers win today, we lose next week, and sharks tigers draw.

The league should schedule the sharks tigers game first next week, if tigers win today, to remove the very real temptation of cheating.

If tigers sharks play fair one misses out, if they agree to draw both go through. The smart thing would be for the teams to agree to draw.

The league should reschedule if this occurs to remove any temptation after all thiss is the peptide sharks we are talking about.

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
I think I'd rather play the dogs first with all the pressure of another must win game.
It's all about banking the experience for our young guys this year.

broncsgoat

NRL Captain
We’ve done well to get this far considering the start to the season. We still aren’t playing particularly well, but lots of individual brilliance. Hopefully we can put in a few decent performances to build some sort of momentum heading into next season.

Last edited:

winslow_wong

State of Origin Captain
bris
We’ve done well to get this far considering the start to the season. We still aren’t playing particularly well, but lots of individual brilliance. Hopefully we can put in a few decent performances to build some sort of momentum heading into next season.
Look at our woeful for and against but somehow we’re making the 8. Strange times.

Pub Steak

QCup Player
Chance of sharks and tigers drawing is very low. I'd say we are comfortably in the 8. Tigers are in a purple patch so I reckon they'll destroy the Sharks next week. We hopefully beat the dogs. That way we are playing Parra first week rather than manly, raiders or rabbits. Unless it's rabbits. Then I want us to play them and smash them.
- Merged

And a C- is still a pass. Yeeew!

Last edited:

Fozz

International Rep
Staff
If it wasn't for the Storm game, we'd be pretty neutral in terms of F/A.

Huge drop off after the Knights - all -100+ after them.

I like a good NRL conspiracy theory as much as anyone but Tiger/Sharks won't end in a draw. Let's hope the Tigers send Gallen off in the appropriate manner.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter