-NEWS- Copley out with fractured throat

McHunt

NRL Captain
Sunshine Coast
Freshly reminted Dale Copley will miss the first month of the 2021 NRL season after copping a hit to the throat against Wynnum Manly on Friday. Scans reveal dislocated cartilage and a small fracture in his throat.

cop this.jpg
A laryngoscopy revealed significant trauma to the throat and swelling in his airway.

Brisbane Broncos head of performance Andrew Croll said:

“Dale must rest from all exercise for at least a week and will have another laryngoscopy to determine if he needs surgery. He will need at least six weeks out of contact, and we will have to see how it settles to determine on when he can return to low intensity exercise.”

Get well soon Dale, from all of us at BHQ!

McHunt

Last edited:

theshed

Return of the Mac
Guess that locks in Farnworth and Niu as centres.

I think that was likely already the case, though apparently Niu almost played himself out of a spot according to those who watched the game closer than I.

Also worth noting that Copley played on the right wing (Coate’s spot). So perhaps Copley was never even really in the race for that centre position.

NSW stables

NRL Player
I think that was likely already the case, though apparently Niu almost played himself out of a spot according to those who watched the game closer than I.

Also worth noting that Copley played on the right wing (Coate’s spot). So perhaps Copley was never even really in the race for that centre position.
I thought was playing on the left? He scored in the left hand corner.

kooly87

NRL Player
hes a depth signing to help cover injuries...

do we have a depth depth singing around the place..?
How can Copley be a depth signing to cover injuries when he's basically always the injury that needs covering himself?

He's just the replacement for Jordan Kahu because Brisbane for some reason seem absolutely convinced that you simply must have a guy who spends 137 weeks on the side line injured every single year if you want to be an NRL club.

pagey

State of Origin Rep
How can Copley be a depth signing to cover injuries when he's basically always the injury that needs covering himself?

He's just the replacement for Jordan Kahu because Brisbane for some reason seem absolutely convinced that you simply must have a guy who spends 137 weeks on the side line injured every single year if you want to be an NRL club.
I'd say it's his experience and character Kevvie was after more than anything

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Billd0856

Twitter