PLAYER Corey Oates

What would giving Oates another season bring to the team? He clearly isn't a first grade winger anymore and has lost of a lot of pace this year so the only logical solution would be for him to transition to the forwards. But the thing holding him back for this to happen is he feels he is above Q cup and in no way shape or form should he transition in first grade.
Im happy to let him walk at the end of the year if all he wants to be is Corey Oates - Winger.

What would giving Oates another season bring to the team? He clearly isn't a first grade winger anymore and has lost of a lot of pace this year so the only logical solution would be for him to transition to the forwards. But the thing holding him back for this to happen is he feels he is above Q cup and in no way shape or form should he transition in first grade.
Im happy to let him walk at the end of the year if all he wants to be is Corey Oates - Winger.

He doesnt feel he is above Q cup at all. Where did that come from? The only issue he had playing in Q Cup was when they affiliated him with a club miles away.

He is clearly still good enough to be better depth than a Hoeter or heck even Karapani. He has taken unders his whole career and is only asking minimum wage. A sends a sign we will reward you if you are selfless for the club - this is a MASSIVE thing.

He is clearly still good enough to be better depth than a Hoeter or heck even Karapani. He has taken unders his whole career and is only asking minimum wage. A sends a sign we will reward you if you are selfless for the club - this is a MASSIVE thing.
And despite being slower this season his numbers have still outperformed the guys who are a lot quicker.

I would keep Oates around for the simple fact that at least he cares about the club!! So many pretenders in our team that cares more about their looks. I’m looking at you Jordan Ricki!!

We still can’t make f all metres without Oates.

Is there still a veterans allowance for long serving one club players? He'd be our only eligible wouldn't he?

Is there still a veterans allowance for long serving one club players? He'd be our only eligible wouldn't he?

I think it is him and Reynolds, maybe Marty as well but he is being shown the door so if that happens, he doesn't count.

We still can’t make f all metres without Oates.
Oates averages 120 metres this year from 14 games
Arthurs 111 metres from 18 games
Mariner 125 metres from 20 games

The old Corey Oates made plenty of metres. This years one isnt making as many plus his slowness is costing us points on both ends of the field. He is simply past it as a standard first grade winger.

I think it is him and Reynolds, maybe Marty as well but he is being shown the door so if that happens, he doesn't count.
Reynolds and Marty wouldnt be eligible for it. They have been at our club for that long.

I'd put him in a train and trial deal and let him play for Souths or Wynnum for next year. If he's playing well enough and we need him then maybe he can get another crack. Happy to have him around the club but we can probably use some younger and faster blokes out wide.

If it is last game he should be named captain
I'd have no issue with this, doubt Reynolds would either. Should absolutely run out first and by himself for a bit. Crowd will get loose.

Active Now

• Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.