PLAYER Corey Oates

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
He is past it as a winger sadly. I'll be happy for him to score one more and equal Locky's try scoring record, but then that is it. He is a stop gap until Arthars and Staggs are fit. After that, I struggle to see a spot for him in the side. Maybe he pushes Gosiewski out for the bench spot? He had better hope his second row form is better than it is on the wing.

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
He is past it as a winger sadly. I'll be happy for him to score one more and equal Locky's try scoring record, but then that is it. He is a stop gap until Arthars and Staggs are fit. After that, I struggle to see a spot for him in the side. Maybe he pushes Gosiewski out for the bench spot? He had better hope his second row form is better than it is on the wing.
He was not that bad yesterday. Everyone blaming him for not scoring the try but he also didnt make any errors, caught every ball his way and carried the ball well. The tries scored on his wing were really a result of very poorly organised defensive line which he has no control over. If we had Staggs and Arthars that game would have been entirely different.

Also you have to think about the luck the Titans got to win it, who thought a professional footballer cant pass the ball left, the two "knock on" tries we scored. Fair bit of luck went the way of the Titans for them to get the W.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
He was not that bad yesterday. Everyone blaming him for not scoring the try but he also didnt make any errors, caught every ball his way and carried the ball well. The tries scored on his wing were really a result of very poorly organised defensive line which he has no control over. If we had Staggs and Arthars that game would have been entirely different.

Also you have to think about the luck the Titans got to win it, who thought a professional footballer cant pass the ball left, the two "knock on" tries we scored. Fair bit of luck went the way of the Titans for them to get the W.
He's just too slow to be a winger in the modern game. He makes David Staggs look like an Olympic Sprinter FFS

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
All of us screaming for the match winning try.

Oates with the ball-
Snail GIF by MotoGP™

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
He's just too slow to be a winger in the modern game. He makes David Staggs look like an Olympic Sprinter FFS
Yeah he's slow but Ezra Mam also missed 9 tackles and was ineffective in 5 of them yesterday. I think that is a much bigger issue than Oates speed.

Ezra starting to give me Milford vibes to be honest.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Yeah he's slow but Ezra Mam also missed 9 tackles and was ineffective in 5 of them yesterday. I think that is a much bigger issue than Oates speed.

Ezra starting to give me Milford vibes to be honest.
Defence is clearly our biggest issue across the board. Ezra only a little bloke but needs to be better.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Whether it's Oates or someone else we bomb so many "certain" tries. Never confident when we have a clean line break and a simple draw and pass is all that's needed. Is this the basics Reynolds was talking about?
Can Karapani pass right to left? Seems everytime he did it was butchered.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Is he just to big now? Have heard multiple times his in the best shape of his life but being jacked doesn’t translate to fast.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Is he just to big now? Have heard multiple times his in the best shape of his life but being jacked doesn’t translate to fast.

Tried to improve his speed .
Over trained got injured and had to rest . So dunno about best shape of his life , or jacked .

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
He looks so damn awkward.... Its like watching a baby giraffe taking its first steps.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Justwin
  • broncsgoat
  • Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • Dash
  • FACTHUNT
  • scobie
  • phoenix
  • pennywisealfie
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Manlyman
  • Johnny92
  • Gympie devil
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.