Corey Parker appreciation thread

........so then what was the issue if he got what he wanted?

I think the point of the chapter is to highlight he cost himself by not having a manger- he did his first deal but old Jim screwed him. Also that as he states not all players are on a million dollars.

It's really not a whinge at all.

[MENTION=8423]Sproj[/MENTION]

State of Origin payments are on the verge of crashing through the six-figure barrier for the first time in the series’ history, as Queensland and NSW players enjoy a bumper pay rise as part of a new agreement between the NRL and the players union.Players from the respective states are currently paid $30,000 a game — $90,000 for the series should they appear in all three matches — but are set to receive a pay increase as part of the new collective bargaining agreement, which takes effect from 2018.

Six-figure pay for Origin stars

What??? Really??? If that's true, why would anyone choose NZ over SOO? Do you have a sauce?
I've said this like 100 times before. It's one of the reasons people like Tamou choose to play for AU instead of NZ, because you'd be stupid to do otherwise.

I've said this like 100 times before. It's one of the reasons people like Tamou choose to play for AU instead of NZ, because you'd be stupid to do otherwise.

Yeah all too true. I knew they were remunerated well but just didn't think it was that much, I just never looked into it.

Wrong thread

Last edited:
Correct so how is $30,000 times three games equal $700,00 for a player?

Pretty sure hes refering to how much he would have earnt over his career in origin, not one season.

What??? Really??? If that's true, why would anyone choose NZ over SOO? Do you have a sauce?

Yep, [MENTION=1769]Foordy[/MENTION] posted the sauce I had read previously and the the interesting thing about it is the ARL has a little 'supperannuation' scheme for origin players I believe. Half of that $30k per game is put into a 'super' account for the end of your career so for someone like Parker who has played 19 Origins he should have somewhere in the vicinity of $285k waiting for him upon retirement...

Not sure if that is paid the minute the season is over or after you play your last game, but it sure must ease the passing into your post-playing career, for the elite players...

Correct so how is $30,000 times three games equal $700,00 for a player?

He played 19 Origins and (so far) 13 test matches. Add the payments up for those games across his career. I never said it was $700k for one series...

I see; still not right the super and $30,000 hasn't been in place since 2004.

I see; still not right the super and $30,000 hasn't been in place since 2004.

$30k came in for the 2014 season according to the NRL.

Can also add his green and gold jerseys to that too.

Chuck in over $700k in Origin and test match payments on top of his Broncos salary, the TPA's he would have and I don't think you'll find too many people arguing Corey hasn't been well paid as a professional rugby league player...

Why don't we sign all Origin players on that amount then? From your typical fan's perspective, he's getting a good amount of money. But it's all relative, compared to other players, he was way underpaid for being the best forward in the game.

Why don't we sign all Origin players on that amount then? From your typical fan's perspective, he's getting a good amount of money. But it's all relative, compared to other players, he was way underpaid for being the best forward in the game.

My point was simply that if you look at his career, even if you averaged his salary payments at $200k per year (some will be much lower but most were much higher - up to $350k) when you consider origin and test football he has earned $4m or so playing football, not counting Fox sports money and any other income he has earned through TPA's, corporate events, other media commitments and so on, it is hard to argue he hasn't been well paid.

My point was simply that if you look at his career, even if you averaged his salary payments at $200k per year (some will be much lower but most were much higher - up to $350k) when you consider origin and test football he has earned $4m or so playing football, not counting Fox sports money and any other income he has earned through TPA's, corporate events, other media commitments and so on, it is hard to argue he hasn't been well paid.

A 16 year old is being paid 10% of that while still in high school. I get the salary cap has changed. You can be paid well but still be underpaid. 4 mil over 16 years is 266k a year which is **** all really.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Stix
  • Jedhead
  • broncoscope
  • Alec
  • bb_gun
  • Porthoz
  • Galah
  • broncsgoat
  • Midean
  • Battler
  • Horseheadsup
  • achievedrap
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Manofoneway
  • Astro
  • I bleed Maroon
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  • marw
  • broncos4life
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.