Corey Parker appreciation thread

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Well why ? For me it's because I remember his debut and every game since. I reckon he was like a Shane Webcke ,he gave his all even during training. Just tonight I watched his efforts during Origin but it wasn't what he did during Origin but what he did when he wasn't selected. It was the guy he was when shunned. It is the time when only his wife and friends cared. I remember the young bull shaving his head thinking it might intimidate the opposition right up until to the guy who realised that only performance counted. He is now the ultimate pro.

can you guys post videos and photos of Corey when he was fat and bald? It always makes me laugh.

I've always rated him very highly.

Up until 2006 he was a hard working prop.
2006 and 2007 saw him shed some weight, grow some hair and become a good impact back rower. One of his offloads led to the Tate try in the Grand Final in 06 if I remember correctly.
2008 saw him become the starting lock. He worked hard, but was a little soft.
2010 saw him start to enter his best years. He ran hard, and avoided the flop tackles.

Now he's our best forward, with a huge workrate and a killer offload. I hope he crosses the 300 games for us and finishes his career here.

I'm a massive Parker fan.

He supplies so much for the team and IMO should have been made captain.

He's had an exceptional year too, with a great Origin series being the standout.

Huge Parker fan and have been for a long time. I was very disappointed when he wasn't named captain after Lockyer retired. IMO Thaiday only got captain because he was playing for Australia while Parker wasn't. IMO Parker is the better player and has been for a long time now.

Parker is a great clubman and a great player with a top notch attitude. He loves the Broncos and you can see that through how he plays.

Great thread btw!

Fantastic player with a big ticker which is all Bronco

Meanwhile there's Thaiday, who is lazy, always the last to get back into the defensive line, no longer has much impact in attack or any in defence, but is more popular and automatically makes every side. He's also the captain. He loves the blame others and avoid responsibility.

Never mind, found one.

617900.jpg

Absolute champion. A relic of what a typical Bronco player used to be.

Love the bloke.

I reckon all of us take him for granted sometimes... every single week he makes huge metres and a massive amount of tackles. Never hides or anything, and is always one of the first to get involved if one of his team-mates is copping shit from a grub like Gallen or someone.

He'll go down as a club legend along with the likes of Tallis, Webcke, Civoniceva, Lockyer, Langer and so on.

Definitely, I hope he gets to 300 games, well deserved.

Should have had the captaincy. The guy is awesome. I usually hate when Broncos play in rep sides, but I'm totally cheering for Corey to make the World Cup Team.

Great player, has really come into his own these past three years and gets through an insane amount of work, all quality too.

My thoughts on Parker through the years...

2001-03 - Sort of the ugly duckling. Bennett kept trying to play him as a prop where he was well contained, but every now and then, he'd be allowed to play backrow and low and behold - he looked pretty handy out there. Not a whole lot sticks out, other than him being dumped on his head in one of the ugliest tackles I've seen and somehow being alright.

2004-05 - Started growing hair, revealed he could goal kick (even kicking the winner against the Tiges) and started popping up for the Maroons as a token Broncos selection. He was alright, but just seemed like a club player to me.

2006-07 - Stepped up another gear here. Very solid in the starting side but his form leading into the finals was underrated and he was very handy for us on the right fringe. Thought he was one of our best when injuries hit us later on in the season.

2008-09 - Thought his reputation as underrated was becoming overstated and that he was really inconsistent during this time period, to the point where he just stagnated. Wasn't a fan.

2010-now - Went from strength to strength in 2010, forming a nice combination with his fellow backrows and constantly carting the ball up and making nice inroads off the back of quick play the balls. 2011 was definitely the peak, with 2012 being a frustrating year for him...always seemed like he'd suffer some sort of injury and this year I think he's been a little below his best, yet he's still easily the Broncos best this year.

Excellent player. Since 2010 he has become one of the elite backrowers in the competition.

Ill always remember a game against Canberra where he landed vertically on his head. Can't believe he didn't do any damage.

Class player with a great work ethic and great ball playing ability. Through hard work and determination he has become the Broncos best forward and one of the NRL's elite players.

The man had better get selected for Australia to play in the World Cup, he's had a blinding year maybe his best yet so if anyone deserves it it's him.

I've seen numerous instances from Corey in recent times where he is genuinely pissed off at losing or desperate to lead a fight back when we are behind. From a fan's perspective, this is what I want to see more of and for that I admire Corey a great deal.

He is a credit to himself given his conditioning. He should be allowed to play for as long as he wishes and should be paid handsomely.

Is starting to climb into the very top echelon of great players for our club.

Oink !

Active Now

• Manlyman
  • Battler
  • Broncosgirl
  • bb_gun
  • Hurrijo
  • ivanhungryjak
  • leon.bott
  • rj9
  • NSW stables
  • Santa
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncorob
  • john1420
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Foordy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Rowdy124
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Gaz
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.