Corey Parker appreciation thread

Congratulations Corey well done on getting some well earned recognition. Deserved winner as well he had an absolutely brilliant season for an under-performing team.

Congratulations corey! So well deserved, an absolute champion

I feel like Parker should have won rep player of the year too, since IMHO he was our best player in Origin. But Cam Smith won the Wally Lewis medal, so he obviously wins this too.

Finally receiving some recognition for his efforts. Well done Parker you workhorse

Congrats Big C.

Australian official Ben Cummins was named International Referee of the Year for a second successive year.

Lol.

The man is a god. In years to come, the facts surrounding Chuck Norris will also be associated with this great man.

While I think 2011 was his best year as a Bronco (pending review), I think 2013 may be his best year overall.

Easily the best Broncos player and has swept every club player of the year poll, was unlucky not to receive recognition for Queensland and has been killing it off the bench for the Kangaroos and will hopefully go home with the World Cup.

Is it fair to declare Parker as the Broncos best ever #13?

While I think 2011 was his best year as a Bronco (pending review), I think 2013 may be his best year overall.

Easily the best Broncos player and has swept every club player of the year poll, was unlucky not to receive recognition for Queensland and has been killing it off the bench for the Kangaroos and will hopefully go home with the World Cup.

Is it fair to declare Parker as the Broncos best ever #13?

I'd say so. He's been absolutely dominating since 2010 IMO, but it was only in the last couple of years that he's developed such a great ability of offload IMO.

I'd say his a perfect example of a player where persistence paid off, when he came onto the scene there was no hype surrounding his debut or talent, was fighting to get a spot in first grade, some would have dismissed him outright and not wanted him in first grade again, there was however evidence that he had an offload game in him, that try Minto scored in 2003 against the Storm off a beauty offload from Parker to put Minto into the gap to win the game in extra time.

Last edited:
images
images

Imagine Milford and Barba running off his offloads.

Corey Parker is everything I love about the Broncos, he is a champion on the field and his loyalty and professionalism off the field cannot be questioned.

I still am really disappointed he never got captaincy and find it ridiculous that Glenn gets captaincy ahead of him too. Anyway, congrats to Parker on such a stellar year, he's racked up a ton of awards. Best player of the year for RLW, Best player for the Broncos, Best lock in the world. What's not to love about Parker?

Taking into account loyalty, consistency and performance, I will go out on a limb to say that he is on his way to becoming the best forward in our club history. I know Miles, Gee, gordie, Webcke, Lazarus, Civo, Carroll and Thorn are all up there, but he has been a loyal club man when the team has been in its darkest moments.

I'm put him pretty close to on par with Webcke at the top of that list, just above Civo (only because of the Panthers years (and I know that wasn't strictly his fault)) and then the rest. That list in it's entirety is some pretty select company - we've been blessed when it comes to quality forwards.

Unread

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • kiwibronco
  • Broncorob
  • blacknwhite
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.