Corey Parker appreciation thread

Mitchell_Broncos

Mitchell_Broncos

NRL Player
Jun 21, 2016
Finished Parker's read.

Very political; he speaks a lot about decisions and what he did and didn't like.

Nice, was it a good book what did it have in different sections

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
Lote is a good shout for a winger in a Broncos all time team. In 99 games he scored 56 tries, scored 260 points, won a premiership, and formed one of the great wing combos off all time with Wendell on the other wing. He didn't have the build of Sailor but Lote had great speed and athleticism that complemented the team perfectly. Also holds the record for the most points by a Broncos player in 1 game, 26 points from 3 tries and 7 goals against the Northern Eagles in 2002.

Agreed. Lote is better than JYY and any other subsequent winger we've had since he left.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
He was quite poor in the latter half of this year though. Not sure what happened there.
Wonder if his form slumped when he got a push?

Not sure but we definitely missed his reliability of putting in the big runs to give us good field position without a leg-up penalty.

The type of workload he typically put in is going to be difficult to replace next year.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
yeh something was off about the way his season finished. in three of his last four games he didnt hit 100 run metres (and the one that did was only 105m). not the way i expected him to finish off.

yeah thats above standard for alot of players but not CP and not when he would be looking to go out with a premiership win.

Last edited:
Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
yeh something was off about the way his season finished. in three of his last four games he didnt hit 100 run metres (and the one that did was only 105m). not the way i expected him to finish off.

yeah thats above standard for alot of players but not CP and not when he would be looking to go out with a premiership win.

Even after his final match, photos after it, his book signing. To me he's clearly being pushed out against his will.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
I'm a little disappointed in Parker at the moment. The season isn't even over and he's already making the club look bad.

Mitchell_Broncos

Mitchell_Broncos

NRL Player
Jun 21, 2016
I'm a little disappointed in Parker at the moment. The season isn't even over and he's already making the club look bad.

How is he doing making it look bad mate?

With his book?

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
If the rumours about his final contract are correct. Add that to the second half of this year, I think we paid him overs.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
The part that talks about his last contract.

“You know what I ended up with? Just over $200,000 a season,”

“It was kind of hard to cop when Penrith had just signed Jamie Soward on a four-year deal allegedly worth $3.6 million.

“Nothing against Jamie and good luck to him if the numbers were right but he hadn’t played for New South Wales since 2011 and had never played for his country.

“Will Hopoate signed a two-year deal allegedly worth $2.3 million with Parramatta and he hadn’t played for two years after going on a Mormon mission.

“Even Ben Barba was coming to our club and reports had him being paid well over $1 million over three years.

“Surely I was good enough at that stage of my career to be knocking on the door of the million-dollar club too.”

Last edited:

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013

I think if you are going to write a book then you're obligated to tell the stories and truth.

You can't ask people to pay $30 to hear half truths and hide stories.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
I think if you are going to write a book then you're obligated to tell the stories and truth.

You can't ask people to pay $30 to hear half truths and hide stories.

Yeah but he should have waited longer than 6 minutes from his retirement to release it. At the very least he could have waited a few months and then come out and say "I'm a Titan now" on a Gold Coast Titans advertisement.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Yeah but he should have waited longer than 6 minutes from his retirement to release it. At the very least he could have waited a few months and then come out and say "I'm a Titan now" on a Gold Coast Titans advertisement.

He isn't hanging shit on the club because he wants to, he is just telling it how it is. I would have been pretty insulted too by that offer considering his status as a player in 2013. He had every right to demand more money for his loyal service and for where he was at in the game at the time of the contract (dally m lock, best and fairest, origin rep). Loyalty is one thing, but being taken advantage of is another thing. Here he was taking a paycut so the club could sign Barba for a mill a year. That's a blatant cop out and im glad he got paid more than that. TPA's or not, you have to look after your loyal servants and he was one of the most loyal servants to our club.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Wow, I thought it was a rumor, but 200k a year is disgraceful for a player of his stature. That's absolute peanuts.

I'm assuming he got a lot more through third party deals, sponsorships and even rep game payments, but a 200k base salary is absolute rubbish.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
He isn't hanging shit on the club because he wants to, he is just telling it how it is. I would have been pretty insulted too by that offer considering his status as a player in 2013. He had every right to demand more money for his loyal service and for where he was at in the game at the time of the contract (dally m lock, best and fairest, origin rep). Loyalty is one thing, but being taken advantage of is another thing. Here he was taking a paycut so the club could sign Barba for a mill a year. That's a blatant cop out and im glad he got paid more than that. TPA's or not, you have to look after your loyal servants and he was one of the most loyal servants to our club.

He should be happy he was offered 50k less than the Rugby League God. Players leave clubs when other clubs offer them more money all the time. Also I'm getting real tired of 30-something year olds writing books about their lives.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
But he still signed the contract, he really has nobody to blame but himself. In regards to releasing his book now I can understand why. In a couple of months time it will be cricket season better to do it while it's still fresh in everybody's mind. Lockyer did the same thing iirc.

B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
But he still signed the contract, he really has nobody to blame but himself. In regards to releasing his book now I can understand why. In a couple of months time it will be cricket season better to do it while it's still fresh in everybody's mind. Lockyer did the same thing iirc.

He signed because he loves the club and would liked to have remained loyal to the club. The club should have been loyal to him too, instead of taking advantage of his loyalty. It's a two way street, and the money he was offered is disgraceful when no names, who could only dream to achieve what Parker has, get more than that for their first contract, without even playing an NRL game. It's also a kick in the guts that the club goes out and sign a million dollar player, who has done nothing for the club, and leaves the scraps for one of the clubs greats.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Santa
  • bb_gun
  • Skyblues87
  • pennywisealfie
  • Pablo
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.