Cowboys Vrs Knights - Post Game

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Good to see the Cowboys win...

does anyone know the crowd figure from this game... Personally, i thought it was piss poor scheduling by the NRL to schedule a Monday night game in Townsville, knowing (or should have known) that many many Cowboys fans wouldn't be able to make the game due to the fact that many fans travel long distances to get to the game.

Everyone gets Monday night games, they shouldn't be exempt just because of their reach.

Nashy - there are just some teams that are suited to the Monday night games more than others. It makes absolutely no sense to schedule a Cowboys game on a Monday night when much of their crowd travels 3 hours to watch the game. They just can't do that on a Monday night. Most of the teams would cope well with a Monday night game, but it's just stupid to give it to the Cowboys on the basis that "everyone should share the workload."

Hopefully they'll never give the Cowboys a Monday night game ever again. Absolutely ridiculous and ignorant by the NRL. A lot of the parts of the hill that are usually packed were nearly empty.

I guess the game was a bit overshadowed by the announcement of the Blues team, but Thurston is on fire at the moment and what a halfback he is [icon_wink

Nashy said:
Everyone gets Monday night games, they shouldn't be exempt just because of their reach.

Not everyone! we have only had the one Monday night home game since the brought Monday night footy back

They dont care about that crap, its all about what Foxtel wants!!!

The crowd figure (according to Sports Tonight, Ch10) 11, 892. that proves that the Cowboys should Never play home Monday fixtures. considering they usually average 18-20k so that is a massive 7, 000 - 9, 000 fans less than their average. Considering crowd numbers are a big issue in the game and one of the big sources of income for clubs, that is PISS POOR scheduling by the NRL. IMO, the NRL should do it's best to give the clubs their preferred time slot for home games in a bid to increase the crowd sizes. not allow CH9 to dictate the timeslots. PISS POOR NRL [icon_thumbs_do

I read somewhere that Peter Parr estimated they will lost up to 150k in revenue from the game. Bullshit from the NRL.

Melbourne should get heaps of Monday night games I reckon. No AFL games to compete with, big enough population to get at least 15000 and the Melbourne public seems to like the night timeslots.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Culhwch
  • Bish
  • Bucking Beads
  • Harry Sack
  • Robboi_321
  • ChewThePhatt
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Galah
  • MrTickyMcG
  • ivanhungryjak
  • FACTHUNT
  • Justwin
  • Xzei
  • leon.bott
  • Strop
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.