Craig Wing Hit

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
What's everyone thoughts on the hit that has ruled Craig Wing out for a while?

Personally, I think it was a cheap, disgusting shot. There was no need to a player to come in that late, and with the damage he caused I think he deserves a couple of weeks off.

Thoughts?

He shouldn't be suspended under the current rules as he hasn't done anything wrong.

That said having seen it again this morning you can clearly see Tupou looking at Brown and holding Wing up for him to hit. A cheap shot of the highest order and something the League will no doubt look to outlaw ala grapples and crushers

I think it's going to end up similarly to the 'tackle' that ripped Luke O'Donnell's hamstring from the bone last year. Wasn't illegal at the time, but it is now. I agree it was definitely a very cheap shot.

The guys on the Sunday footy show summed it up for me, saying a player goes in to hurt the opponent in 99% of tackles. Brown didn't go in to dislocate Wings shoulder but to put a legitimate hit on which he clearly did. I have no problem with what he did as it is in the rules and 99% of the time Wing wouldn't have done his shoulder, it was a freak accident and Brown did what a lot of other players would have done hit a guy hard, add numbers to the tackle help the side gain an advantage in the ruck.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
The guys on the Sunday footy show summed it up for me, saying a player goes in to hurt the opponent in 99% of tackles. Brown didn't go in to dislocate Wings shoulder but to put a legitimate hit on which he clearly did. I have no problem with what he did as it is in the rules and 99% of the time Wing wouldn't have done his shoulder, it was a freak accident and Brown did what a lot of other players would have done hit a guy hard, add numbers to the tackle help the side gain an advantage in the ruck.
How legitimate is the hit though when the guy is being held up by 2 of your team mates and you smash him right in the back?

I know it's not against the rules at the moment, but according to many reports on the weekend, the NRL were going to take a very close look at it, so they're obviously not happy about it.

My view has always been that the third (or fourth or fifth) man into a tackle should be outlawed. If there's two players involved making contact, a third man in is as bad as a flop.

If that rule was in place, then Brown would have been penalised.

It's a low act, however you look at it, smashing a bloke who's held by two others.

At the time I was highly pee'd that nothing was done or even looked at again during the game.

It can't be proven if Brown did it deliberately or not however just looking at the tackle, Braith and Tupou had Wing locked up and Tupou was watching as Brown came in and moved his arm out the way. It seems a little too coincidental for my liking. I know Wing has had troubles with his shoulders before and no doubt those players knew exactly where to hit.

What was even more disgusting was Anasta jumping around clapping like the monkey he is and also the happiness which was on Brad Fittlers face at the time. Very poor sportsmanship but I wouldn't expect anything less from a bunch of cheats.

You should become a ref Shaun. You see the game exactly the same way they do.

How is it ridiculous?? They would know if he had been carrying in injury, especially if it has been chronic.

Playboy Bunny said:
At the time I was highly pee'd that nothing was done or even looked at again during the game.

It can't be proven if Brown did it deliberately or not however just looking at the tackle, Braith and Tupou had Wing locked up and Tupou was watching as Brown came in and moved his arm out the way. It seems a little too coincidental for my liking. I know Wing has had troubles with his shoulders before and no doubt those players knew exactly where to hit.

What was even more disgusting was Anasta jumping around clapping like the monkey he is and also the happiness which was on Brad Fittlers face at the time. Very poor sportsmanship but I wouldn't expect anything less from a bunch of cheats.

They cheered like every team does when they hurt a guy or cause an error. One of your players acted far more retardedly (Kidwell) when he laid out Willie Mason so I don't see your point at all. How are they cheats exactly? I just think Wing had himself in an unfortunate position and got hit in the wrong spot, they were not trying to dislocate his shoulder and would not have been thinking 'alright we know Wingy has had shoulder issues before so lets hold him up so Riley can smash him'.

The Rock said:
[quote="Playboy Bunny":szermbwc]You should become a ref Shaun. You see the game exactly the same way they do.

How is it ridiculous?? They would know if he had been carrying in injury, especially if it has been chronic.

Whether they knew or not, you can't see they went out to intentionally take out Wing's shoulder.

If they wanted to take someone out they would have planned on taking out Asotasi or Isaac Luke or someone, not Wing. [icon_lol1.[/quote:szermbwc]

Why?? Ex-team mate?? Left on bad terms?? They have been dancing around in their skirts for weeks saying how Craigs done this and Craigs done that.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
[quote="Playboy Bunny":38lah1t7]At the time I was highly pee'd that nothing was done or even looked at again during the game.

They cheered like every team does when they hurt a guy or cause an error. One of your players acted far more retardedly (Kidwell) when he laid out Willie Mason so I don't see your point at all. How are they cheats exactly? I just think Wing had himself in an unfortunate position and got hit in the wrong spot, they were not trying to dislocate his shoulder and would not have been thinking 'alright we know Wingy has had shoulder issues before so lets hold him up so Riley can smash him'.[/quote:38lah1t7]

Hey I am just voicing my opinion. I don't know why I always get f'ing jumped on on this stupid forum when I have something to say. Seriously. I said you can't tell if he deliberately did it or not...nor am i saying he did this or he did that. I a just saying what COULD have been. While you guys are going..well no he did do this..and they were not trying to do this.

And yes Kidwell did act stupid. I didn't deny that?

Not an illegal shot by any means.

But a dog act? Certainly.

I think it was all planned - look at the Roosters' pack. They picked the most expendible, and told them to bend the rules to rough him up. They wouldn't care if Brown got a week's suspension...

Not a great deal in it. Just unfortunate for Wing he got injured. The fact that the NRL is even looking into the tackle is ridiculous IMO

The Rock said:
Harden the fark up, Wing.
Harden up? You think he is soft because he got injured by a guy attacking his back while Wing was defenseless?

It's unfortunate that Wing as injured, but That type of shot happens several times, in every game, every weekend. Sam Thaiday was guilty of it a least twice yesterday

BroncoMatt said:
It's unfortunate that Wing as injured, but That type of shot happens several times, in every game, every weekend. Sam Thaiday was guilty of it a least twice yesterday

Agreed. My point isn't that it doesn't happen. It's that it doesn't make it right.

People used to get speartackled and king hit in the bad old days, until the league came to their senses and realised it was damaging the game. Hopefully these sorts of cheap shots will be ruled illegal too.

Playboy Bunny said:
[quote="FCB BB AKA MB":2vikaqql][quote="Playboy Bunny":2vikaqql]At the time I was highly pee'd that nothing was done or even looked at again during the game.

They cheered like every team does when they hurt a guy or cause an error. One of your players acted far more retardedly (Kidwell) when he laid out Willie Mason so I don't see your point at all. How are they cheats exactly? I just think Wing had himself in an unfortunate position and got hit in the wrong spot, they were not trying to dislocate his shoulder and would not have been thinking 'alright we know Wingy has had shoulder issues before so lets hold him up so Riley can smash him'.[/quote:2vikaqql]

Hey I am just voicing my opinion. I don't know why I always get f'ing jumped on on this stupid forum when I have something to say. Seriously. I said you can't tell if he deliberately did it or not...nor am i saying he did this or he did that. I a just saying what COULD have been. While you guys are going..well no he did do this..and they were not trying to do this.

And yes Kidwell did act stupid. I didn't deny that?[/quote:2vikaqql]

Please voice away. Don't worry about the people that 'jump' on you, you have every right to voice your opinion, and am personally glad there are people who share my point of view on this subject.

As for the harden up comments, that's probably the dumbest comment I have seen in my short time on this board. Pathetic really. He's a professional footballer, he shouldn't have to be 'hard' enough to put up with that sort of tackle.

I'm wondering if The Rock actually likes football, or if he / she just wants to see people get bashed, or wait for a bad game from a player he / she may not like as much as some, just to come on and maybe bag them out? I'm sure time will tell.

Also, people saying 'not much in it'? Have you seen it, if you agree with this sort of dirty behaviour on the field, then you only bring facts to the old saying "Gentlemens Sport played by Thugs".

I wish the supporters of this fine sport we all seem to love would realise how dangerous some of these tactics are, then maybe we will get decent football on a weekly basis.

This one injury doens't only ruin all the preperation one player has done, it's probably really hurt the Rabbitohs camp, who could have just done quite well this year.

But let me guess, the supporters of the thugs will come out and say "Its a dangerous sport, you take the risk", I'm sure someone thought it. Well thats crap.

Wakeup.

Active Now

• Manlyman
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Bucking Beads
  • Jazza
  • pennywisealfie
  • Fozz
  • Waynesaurus
  • mrslong
  • Fatboy
  • Skathen
  • Brocko
  • Broncorob
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • lynx000
  • Bish
  • Dash
  • Spooky1013
  • phoenix
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.