McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Croft set to stay at Storm with Broncos deal in limbo

Michael Chammas
Chief Reporter
NRL.com

Brisbane and the Melbourne Storm are engaged in a standoff, with the Broncos' discussions with Brodie Croft coming to a grinding halt. NRL.com understands discussions between the Broncos and Storm reached a stalemate this week, with the No.7’s management indicating to Storm officials that he will see out his deal at Melbourne.

The Broncos were hoping Melbourne would chip in for Croft to play under coach Anthony Seibold, however NRL.com has been told the Storm wouldn’t budge and the parties are at loggerheads over the deal. Both parties are wary the decision to put negotiations on ice is a tactic to pressure the other into folding first, however both the Broncos and Storm don’t appear to be willing to budge on what they have proposed. Croft is on a deal worth just shy of $400,000 at the Storm for the next two years, and the Broncos want Melbourne to pay a large chunk of that. As it stands, Croft will remain at the Storm next season despite the likelihood of having to play in the Intrust Super Cup. New Zealand Warriors five-eighth Blake Green, who has one more year to run on his deal, caught up with Seibold in Sydney last month. Seibold and Green have a relationship from their time together at the Melbourne Storm and despite the Broncos’ needs for an experienced playmaker, the club insists the veteran five-eighth isn’t on their radar.

On a positive note, we have nabbed Jordan Kahu from the Cowboys for a mere 400k.

I’m totally fine with dearden and milf as halves partners, the fb situation however....

Again, with Dearden being so young, he is inevitably going to go down with injury at some point next year. Who you gonna replace him with, Turpin? Even Lockyer has said Dearden is not ready for the role fulltime. You gotta have decent back-up in these critical positions. Not fucking Turpin again.

Gotta admire Melbournes stance. Pay all of it or **** off. Wish we had those balls.

You might upset people with that stance and that’s not what we are about, it’s just a game remember.

We all have shit to Boyd for him saying that but it is becoming pretty obvious where that attitude comes from.

One can hope.

Look, in my opinion Milf is a mostly lazy, overpaid and over-rated myth these days. But in saying that, in our team of current hacks, he offers one of the few attacking threats we actually possess. We are already pathetic when it comes to actually scoring a try. Without Milford at least posing some threat at times, we are relying on basically Fifita and Haas to score our points. Our halves from this year couldn't organise a root in a brothel obviously.

Milf has a young baby now though so there would be absolutely no chance of him leaving his huge family support network up here. Plus, he ain't gonna be giving up a million a year. Tigers sure as shit wouldn't be silly enough to pay him that much.

Last edited:
I’ve got a feeling Milf will be let go
I think the club would be ok to let him go, but I highly doubt he wants to leave Brisbane. We are also stupidly giving him $1mill when he isn’t even worth half that, therefore I cannot see him leaving, unfortunately.

Look, in my opinion Milf is a mostly lazy, overpaid and over-rated myth these days. But in saying that, in our team of current hacks, he offers one of the few attacking threats we actually possess. We are already pathetic when it comes to actually scoring a try. Without Milford at least posing some threat at times, we are relying on basically Fifita and Haas to score our points. Our halves from this year couldn't organise a root in a brothel obviously.

Milf has a young baby now though so there would be absolutely no chance of him leaving his huge family support network up here. Plus, he ain't gonna be giving up a million a year. Tigers sure as shit wouldn't be silly enough to pay him that much.
Milford may have to face up to the fact that in 12 months time he may be cut lose anyway
Plus here is no way he will earn 1m a season if he is lucky enough to secure another contract at the Broncos.

Milford may have to face up to the fact that in 12 months time he may be cut lose anyway
Plus here is no way he will earn 1m a season if he is lucky enough to secure another contract at the Broncos.
This.
He is on 600k too much as it is, I never thought he was worth the price tag, but i gave him chance after chance, and he has never, not even once done anything to justify his million dollar contract.
I dont dislike Milford, i think he has loads of natural talent, that talent has been offset by laziness, poor discipline, a lack of effort, and a dozen other things that all add up to the single biggest mistake the Donkeys have made in the last 10 years.
I would personally be happy to see him gone.

I think the club would be ok to let him go, but I highly doubt he wants to leave Brisbane. We are also stupidly giving him $1mill when he isn’t even worth half that, therefore I cannot see him leaving, unfortunately.

When he has a new coach in 21’ he’ll be back to his best.

Maybe we're calling their bluff. Maybe they need the cap space and we know it.

Trouble is though, the Storm are in a position of power when it comes to negotiation. They have what we want/need. I'm sure Chambers leaving freed up a good chunk of money for them too.

Plus, traditionally Storm don't over-pay their 'average' players. Unlike some clubs I could mention.

Last edited:
single biggest mistake the Donkeys have made in the last 10 years.
I would personally be happy to see him gone.
Agree he's overpaid - the fact that his name never comes up as a captaincy contender highlights that - but Bird was the biggest mistake. He's also on a million, and we can't seem to get rid of him at any price.

Agree he's overpaid - the fact that his name never comes up as a captaincy contender highlights that - but Bird was the biggest mistake. He's also on a million, and we can't seem to get rid of him at any price.
Maybe they need cap space more.

Active Now

• The True King
  • Santa
  • Bongo
  • Broncorob
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Financeguy
  • Mr Fourex
  • broncsgoat
  • Mustafur
  • Wolfie
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • MrTickyMcG
  • MrMoore
  • bert_lifts
  • FACTHUNT
  • kiwibronco
  • Foordy
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.