NEWS Croft set to stay at Storm with Broncos deal in limbo

you seem so certain that Dearden can’t be a good halfback. A TL;DR of why you think that?

Can't answer for who you asked, but for me, he's just another Jr who has wraps from BHQ, who has shown nothing except potential. I'm sick of not signing players because they have potential, or because they're good guys, or try hard. I want to buy players who have shown to be good at what they do.

I cannot see how staying in ISC is of any use after a years in there. Either a half has game management skills or they don't. ISC is so vastly different to NRL it ain't funny - playing against boys and not men, and not learning to combine with the men that count - the 1st grade team. For mine there seems to be a reluctance to blood young halves when other sides throw young guns in the deep end and they swim more often than they sink.

Dearden again for mine has done enough to be given the chance to develop in the top grade with say Paix as depth, and any money used to retain Fifita. I was impressed with the way Dearden handled the top grade last year with the limited opportunities he had prior to injury.
Aside from the fact that you're just plain wrong about the ISC in general and what it provides as a learning curve, YOUR own argument about spending a year in ISC makes Dearden not ready for regular NRL level football because he actually hasn't spent a year playing ISC.

He was promoted after 4 games of ISC and only played 5 ISC games all year. He really does need a year playing against grown men because at the start of this year he was still playing Mal Meninga Cup against teenagers.

Why don't you remind all the 25-30 year Olds in the ISC about how they're not men and see how that works out for ya? Also guys please stop imagining that milf would ever need to compete for his position with croft and Dearden. Half back and 5/8th are not the same position. And if you feel Milford has not delivered on his mil it's because he wasn't given the opportunity to. He was paid a mil to be a game breaking off the cuff 5/8th. He's had to play 3/4 of the spine positions at the same time. Unfair criticism of a very talented player. His apparent attitude issue is also snot. He is an introvert and introverts don't get to just decide to be extroverted. That's why he's not an organiser. Expecting him to be something so fundamentally different to what he is is just foolish. Croft is no superhero and in his 40 games was barely a secretary to cam smith. There's no evidence he's got what it takes to run the team. SOS showed some promise as a depth half in his couple games. Blake Green is the obvious option as the stop gam til Dearden is ready.
And yes I have an agenda. I believe my opinion is the right one and anyone who disagrees with me without a very convincing argument is wrong. All those who pretend that's not also their agenda are liars. Xxx

Last edited:
Dearden is that raw that fans have hardly had a chance to hype him up as the Broncos saviour. All the noise surrounding him is coming from Red Hill, and the fans are going along with it because there's nobody else.

I wouldn't consider anybody on the market proven either. Proven disappointments perhaps, but not these saviours that can be relied onto direct the team in the big games.

Dearden is that raw that fans have hardly had a chance to hype him up as the Broncos saviour. All the noise surrounding him is coming from Red Hill, and the fans are going along with it because there's nobody else.

I wouldn't consider anybody on the market proven either. Proven disappointments perhaps, but not these saviours that can be relied onto direct the team in the big games.
Ergo, we are better off making do with what we have got, if that proves to be good enough, well enough, and if not, saving our money and waiting until the right player comes on the market.

Ergo, we are better off making do with what we have got, if that proves to be good enough, well enough, and if not, saving our money and waiting until the right player comes on the market.

It's one of those situations where the Broncos ought to let the cards fall where they may and if they need a half during the course of the season, they should sign the form option. So often it's a game of musical chairs and a lot of great talent is passed over for one reason or another.

I am hoping that we sign Croft but I also think people are forgetting that we looked pretty good with Dearden at 7 and Turpin at 9. Milford was starting to return back to his old self and we were playing with a great tempo in attack. Seriously go back and watch the roosters game during that period. I think if Dearden hadn’t done his ankle against the titans then we would be thinking a lot differently. He was getting better with each game

I'm in the minority I would like 1.milf 6.croft 7.deardon 9.turpin 14.paix couldn't care less about experience,the young guys in our team regularly out performed their older team mates.

Last edited:
I'm still expecting an announcement we've signed him. Anyone else feeling the same?

Unfortunately, no, absolutely not. I will go on record right now and say Croft will not be signed and playing for us next year. We have fucked up any chance we had of getting him.

Unfortunately, no, absolutely not. I will go on record right now and say Croft will not be signed and playing for us next year. We have fucked up any chance we had of getting him.
Mate I think your Nostradamus like qualities are open to severe doubt at this point after the Bird episode.

Watch this space
Who the f are you?
Btw that wasn't a who do you think you are, it was more a, wait, where did you come from, I don't recall you with scoops on this board before and I want to give you my attention if you're legit...
If you aren't I might be a bit cranky at you.

Like FIH saying, GUARANTEE Boyd won't be here in 2020. Still waiting for that retirement memo

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • KateBroncos1812
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Porthoz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Financeguy
  • Fozz
  • HarryAllan7
  • Santa
  • Sproj
  • Maroon4life
  • Culhwch
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • mrslong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.