NEWS Croft set to stay at Storm with Broncos deal in limbo

No because he's constantly posting and overreacting to posts. Could careless if disagrees with me .
I never said we didn't need a half , just not him. Some of the meltdowns on here recently are just ridiculous, might be time to have a break for some.

He does have a point. We aren't flush with a heap of options. Adding Croft to the squad only makes the team stronger not weaker.

Green for a year with dearden or paix off the bench

Greens on like 700k at the warriors. We cant stump up 400k for Croft so what makes you think we can pull 700k out of pocket?

No because he's constantly posting and overreacting to posts. Could careless if disagrees with me .
I never said we didn't need a half , just not him. Some of the meltdowns on here recently are just ridiculous, might be time to have a break for some.
Thank you for your concern pagey, it is always nice when stranger is concerned for your welfare.

However, do not confuse my sarcasm with a meltdown. I am quite well adjusted and have passed all the doctor's tests since "the incident".

In relation to the frequency in which i post, i was unaware there was a limit in the amount i could post. I will be sure to send my apologies to the administrator.

PS: i have monitored my blood pressure and heart rate writing this and all results are in the norm so not at risk of meltdown, although i will be sure to keep you updated

Last edited:
Thank you for your concern pagey, it is always nice when stranger is concerned for your welfare.

However, do not confuse my sarcasm with a meltdown. I am quite well adjusted and have passed all the doctor's tests since "the incident".

In relation to the frequency in which i post, i was unaware there was a limit in the amount i could post. I will be sure to send my apologies to the administrator.

PS: i have monitored my blood pressure and heart rate writing this and all results are in the norm so not at risk of meltdown, although i will be sure to keep you updated
That's ok , and I'm sure you will. But I still think you should get yourself another hobby, maybe take up knitting.

He does have a point. We aren't flush with a heap of options. Adding Croft to the squad only makes the team stronger not weaker.
I disagree, we have chosen to back dearden. So we only need a stop gap , and Croft isn't that imo
[automerge]1572845401[/automerge]
Im still not allowed sharp things though.
Chess , salsa .. you've got options.

Last edited:
I disagree, we have chosen to back dearden. So we only need a stop gap , and Croft isn't that imo

The strong survive and the weak find new homes. Melbourne done that this year with Drinkwater, Papenhausen and Hughes at fullback. If Dearden is good enough, sign Croft wont effect him in one sense. Might even force Milford to compete for his job for a change. Something he has had to do since 2015

A 2 year Croft deal around that $400-$500k mark is a good safety net. At the end of the deal, Dearden would be 20. Having Croft on that 2 year deal gives us competition for the spot, and at the end of that 2 year period, we can decide the two best moving forward out of Milford, Croft and Dearden.

If Dearden was 20 and had played 30 games already, then I'd say going after Croft is stupid. But croft is quite a bit older, and has played 40 odd more games than Dearden. Having Dearden and Paix share the bench spot and rotate in and out of Qcup for a year or two would he good for them.

I'm saying that, if we don't get Croft, I do have some confidence in Dearden. My primary concern is that he won't last a full year in first grade and we don't have any decent depth in the position.

The strong survive and the weak find new homes. Melbourne done that this year with Drinkwater, Papenhausen and Hughes at fullback. If Dearden is good enough, sign Croft wont effect him in one sense. Might even force Milford to compete for his job for a change. Something he has had to do since 2015
You might be right but not convinced with Croft, especially out of the storm team.
[automerge]1572846485[/automerge]
A 2 year Croft deal around that $400-$500k mark is a good safety net. At the end of the deal, Dearden would be 20. Having Croft on that 2 year deal gives us competition for the spot, and at the end of that 2 year period, we can decide the two best moving forward out of Milford, Croft and Dearden.

If Dearden was 20 and had played 30 games already, then I'd say going after Croft is stupid. But croft is quite a bit older, and has played 40 odd more games than Dearden. Having Dearden and Paix share the bench spot and rotate in and out of Qcup for a year or two would he good for them.

I'm saying that, if we don't get Croft, I do have some confidence in Dearden. My primary concern is that he won't last a full year in first grade and we don't have any decent depth in the position.
You're right we definitely need some depth in the halves. Would have much preferred drinkwater though half / fullback.

Last edited:

Lol, you win the internet.

Green for a year with dearden or paix off the bench

if we sign a half as a stop gap and Dearden or Paix are our long term options they should stay in the ISC for the year unless we get injuries. 10 minutes off the bench will do SFA for their development, ,they would be better taking control of an ISC team

if we sign a half as a stop gap and Dearden or Paix are our long term options they should stay in the ISC for the year unless we get injuries. 10 minutes off the bench will do SFA for their development, ,they would be better taking control of an ISC team
Paix is likely to get the 14 anyways

This.
He is on 600k too much as it is, I never thought he was worth the price tag, but i gave him chance after chance, and he has never, not even once done anything to justify his million dollar contract.
I dont dislike Milford, i think he has loads of natural talent, that talent has been offset by laziness, poor discipline, a lack of effort, and a dozen other things that all add up to the single biggest mistake the Donkeys have made in the last 10 years.
I would personally be happy to see him gone.

I agree and think we bet way too much on him. The Broncos expect him to do everything when he isn’t that sort of player.

In my opinion, he needs to play his natural game and play what’s in front of him rather than organising play. Every time he ran the ball it seemed like he was trying to hard.

He isn’t an organiser and needs someone to do that for the team. He can’t play 5/8, fullback, organise attack and do all the kicking. It is too much to ask of any player.

If you look at teams with the most success in recent times, they have shared rolls.

Storm had Munster, Smith, Cronk and Slater. 2 organisers and two off the cuff.
Roosters had Keary, Cronk and Teddy. 1 organiser, 2 off the cuff.
Sharks when they won. Maloney, Townsend, Ennis and Barba. Again, 2 organisers, 2 off the cuff.

We have/ had Milford, Niko/Turpin, Macca and Boyd. No organiser and don’t really offer much in attack.

But I am the same as you. I wouldn’t be pissed if we lost Milford.

I am interested in seeing how Turpin goes at hooker this season, hoping Dearden gets a bit of a run in first grade but hope we buy a good half to aid Deardens development, interested in who we play at fullback and now Milford is playing for his future at the Broncos, what he can offer this coming season.

I cannot see how staying in ISC is of any use after a years in there. Either a half has game management skills or they don't. ISC is so vastly different to NRL it ain't funny - playing against boys and not men, and not learning to combine with the men that count - the 1st grade team. For mine there seems to be a reluctance to blood young halves when other sides throw young guns in the deep end and they swim more often than they sink.

Dearden again for mine has done enough to be given the chance to develop in the top grade with say Paix as depth, and any money used to retain Fifita. I was impressed with the way Dearden handled the top grade last year with the limited opportunities he had prior to injury.

Last edited:
I cannot see how staying in ISC is of any use after a years in there. Either a half has game management skills or they don't. ISC is so vastly different to NRL it ain't funny - playing against boys and not men, and not learning to combine with the men that count - the 1st grade team. For mine there seems to be a reluctance to blood young halves when other sides throw young guns in the deep end and they swim more often than they sink.

Dearden again for mine has done enough to be given the chance to develop in the top grade with say Paix as depth, and any money used to retain Fifita. I was impressed with the way Dearden handled the top grade last year with the limited opportunities he had prior to injury.
I agree with your sentiments about Dearden, the issue though is we are one or two injuries away from having Boyd or Turpin back in the halves with the roster as it presently is.

I agree with your sentiments about Dearden, the issue though is we are one or two injuries away from having Boyd or Turpin back in the halves with the roster as it presently is.

I truly appreciate the risks with injuries. Paix on the bench.

I just believe we should go with the talent we have in the halves, develop them and spend on Fifita

Last edited:

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Mighty Bronx
  • dirtyharry
  • bert_lifts
  • Broncosgirl
  • mitch222
  • Bish
  • Mister Wright
  • broncos4life
  • sooticus
  • ostin86
  • Fitzy
  • Big Del
  • Strop
  • jd87
  • Battler
  • Midean
  • Rah88
  • Bucking Beads
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.