Dale Copley

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
I believe Copley is a better attacking player than Reed, always look dangerous, also holding his own in defence.

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
Copley has a quicker first 10 than Reed, essential for playing centre. just ask Justin Hodges.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I'll admit I never saw much in Copley. Even at the end of 2012 when everyone was saying he was coming good I was sceptical. Like any players there were nice touches here & there, and it wasn't like he was playing like a bum, but I just never saw a spark. It's nice to be proven wrong. He looks like a beast now. In fact, he might just be the one player that suits Hook's bulk program. Doesn't seem to have slowed him down on either side of the ball but looks damaging now and a real handful.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
I'll admit I never saw much in Copley. Even at the end of 2012 when everyone was saying he was coming good I was sceptical. Like any players there were nice touches here & there, and it wasn't like he was playing like a bum, but I just never saw a spark. It's nice to be proven wrong. He looks like a beast now. In fact, he might just be the one player that suits Hook's bulk program. Doesn't seem to have slowed him down on either side of the ball but looks damaging now and a real handful.

Funny thing is when asked about how much he weighed more now, he said he was a few kilos lighter than before he got injured.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
I'd like to see him in the centres because he isn't afraid to run onto the ball and hit a hole. God knows we need players like that with our attacking line being as flat as it is.

I agree with this.

The kid has good speed, size and hands .... can throw a decent pass, hit holes hard in attack and can hit hard in D.

Keep him in the centres with Hodges please.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
Funny thing is when asked about how much he weighed more now, he said he was a few kilos lighter than before he got injured.
He looks heavier
With all the pies and pizzas he was eating in the stands he would have to heavier:smile: I kept saying to my wife is that in his rehab diet

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Starting to rate him higher than I did. He was very impressive on Friday and if he stays fit he will bring good value to the team.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
I've always rated him highly. He was many times the best U20's Bronco and seemed like the didn't belong in the Toyota Cup... It took him a bit to adapt to FG, but the transition from centre, where he excelled, to winger probably didn't help either.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
There will be some tough decisions to be made if Copley keeps up his form. Hodges and Kahu to return.

animal eater

animal eater

QCup Player
Jul 27, 2013
I think he has the making of a really solid role player. Centre is clearly his position. He has reasonable pace and is nicely filling into his body. I like having him and Vidot out there in that they provide some serious size on the field. As mentioned before I think he can make a nice compliment to Hodges when he returns. I also like that fact that he is pursuing an education as I think often smarter players make better players.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
As for Copley, I'm really pleased he put in such a good comeback performance.

I've had my doubts about him in the past, but he's had a very solid season this year and you can't fault his attitude. I'd really love to see him get a shot in the centres, as his size and nimble footwork would be a huge threat IMO. You can see it whenever he does a kick return, almost always beats the first defender with a lovely little jink he's developed.

Hopefully he can keep on improving.

This ningnangnong guy knows his onions!

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
Will put my hand up as one of the doubters. I remember not being overly concerned when he was ruled out last year. Felt pretty stupid given how our backline depth was sorely exposed thereafter.

Glad to have him back, and see him deliver on the wraps others have given him. Hope the lad has a bumper year.

Russell Coight

Russell Coight

QCup Player
Jul 10, 2013
Hope copley has a good year good to see a kid with his head screwed on make good of their talent. Like the fact he continues his studies whilst being a first grader, shows a lot of character, which mean i should also praise maranta.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Compared to the last few seasons I have seen of him, v the Dogs he was a revelation in the backs. If he keeps improving there will be tough decisions when Hodges returns, and also, we at least seem to have the makings of a decent replacement when Hodges retires or more likely, injury ends his career, sadly.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Compared to the last few seasons I have seen of him, v the Dogs he was a revelation in the backs. If he keeps improving there will be tough decisions when Hodges returns, and also, we at least seem to have the makings of a decent replacement when Hodges retires or more likely, injury ends his career, sadly.

I always liked him. I think it was at the end of 2012 when he came back from injury, he'd bulked up his upper body because he couldn't train his legs too much. He was great for the few games he got before we bowed out. I had high hopes for his 2013 and then he got injured. Hopefully he can stay injury free and deliver on the promise.

L

loc

Apr 25, 2014
Copley has been playing outstanding, the question is can he play fullback? If he can then you'd be tempted to shift him to fullback and shift barba to the halves and send hoffman to qld cup or onto the wing.

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • Browny
  • HVbronco
  • azza.79
  • Morkel
  • Santa
  • Bucking Beads
  • easybreezy
  • BruiserMk1
  • Swordfish
  • Mr Fourex
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Stix
  • Jedhead
  • FACTHUNT
  • MrMoore
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.