Dallas Johnson

A

ALH

QCup Player
Mar 7, 2008
Johnson is a absolute warrior and we should look to sign him if we miss out on Folau.

The work he does and is toughness would make him an ideal replacement for TC.

I would be happy to shed Eastwood for Johnson.

Thoughts?

I think we should keep our own products before buying other players.

Aussie said:
I think we should keep our own products before buying other players.

I agree but I think Eastwood will be another Carl Webb and we need a lock now.

Another Carl Webb?

You mean stuff's up once, our very stubborn coach doesn't give him another chance even though he consitantly tries and tries, and when he comes back finally is one of the best forwards on the park?

Johnson would be a great addition to our line up.

Aussie said:
Another Carl Webb?

You mean stuff's up once, our very stubborn coach doesn't give him another chance even though he consitantly tries and tries, and when he comes back finally is one of the best forwards on the park?

For two rounds, then goes to the Cowboys and does nothing for 2 or 3 years...

Aussie said:
Another Carl Webb?

[icon_lol1.

One of the laziest trainers at the Clydesdales.

Did sod all in Q-Cup, got dominated by also-rans.

Got another shot for a couple of games as a last resort and didn't do too badly.

Is currently one of the top 5 overrated forwards in the competition.

Gee, we miss him.

No need to sign Johnson

We have Hannant, Clinton, Kenny, Parker, Sims, Thaiday, Taylor, Eastwood, Moon, Ennis, Marsh ect. We don't need more forwards. I don't want to sign Folau either.

The Rock said:
Aussie said:
Another Carl Webb?

That's not how it went - Carl Webb was lazy, over-weight, did not try hard enough at training, didn't do what he was told to do at training and overall had a bad attitude.

Now - He is absolutely useless and has 1 good game every 5. Inconsistent, undisciplined, still over-weight. Useless.

Spot on and throw in injured or suspended at crucial times.

I think he has played 2 finals games out of 10.

You can't teach toughness and Johnson has tonnes of that - Origin last year was a prime example.

Aussie said:
Another Carl Webb?

Did you even watch this guy? I got sick of watching him have a great off season, start on fire, get lazy, pack on the pounds, get hurt, then repeat the process. Eastwood is fast becoming the same sort of player.

ahhhhh.... Your joking right? If you seriously think johnson would be a great addition to our line up then you got rocks in your head buddy. We have enough talent in the back row that we have chucked some one who would make most other first grade teams(taylor) in premier league. Jonson would be a huge waste in our salary cap. Actually broncos should only look at falou if they don't get him well to bad DON'T BUY ANYONE. WE DO NOT NEED ANYONE! we have enough talent.

kimlo said:
ahhhhh.... Your joking right? If you seriously think johnson would be a great addition to our line up then you got rocks in your head buddy. We have enough talent in the back row that we have chucked some one who would make most other first grade teams(taylor) in premier league. Jonson would be a huge waste in our salary cap. Actually broncos should only look at falou if they don't get him well to bad DON'T BUY ANYONE. WE DO NOT NEED ANYONE! we have enough talent.
Not saying we NEED Dallas Johnson, but if you can't see what an asset he is to any team lucky enough to have him, then you're the one with rocks in your head.

haha just jokes. I just mean we have enough talent we don't need to waste our money in a department were so rich in :D

Are we really lacking anywhere? Aside from an outside back I think we're pretty much covered. I agree, go after Folau if you are really attempting a realistic aim at creating a powerful side on the park with talent covered in all aspects.

exactly. go for falou, if you don't get him we don't need him anyway, if we get him EXCELLENT, a more powerful team(hodges on one side falou on the other.... im drooling :P). Pretty much if we don't get him then who cares use the money we have to resign our talent.

ahhh... Yes he is. Tonie carroll is much better than johnson. I'm sure if melbourne had caroll, he'd be selected over johnson. YES A BIG WASTE OF MONEY. While your at it, why not buy billy slater think we need him to.

I wouldn't compare the two as they both play two completely different styles. Johnson is a work horse player who tackles himself to the ground, however he provides very little in attack or go-forward in comparison to Carroll. TC provides enough defensive nouse and I believe has as much sting in his tail in defence as Johnson even if he doesn't have a similar work-rate. However he is as reliable as any player and I would much rather TC than Johnson at the moment simply because he works better in the Broncos' team structure in comparison to Johnson. Lockyer's protection anyone?

Frank the Tank said:
Tonie Carrol is better than Dallas Johnson in the same way a lump of pooh is better than a lump of gold - it's just not.

1. That's absolute BS.

2. TC is more of a tank than Johnson. I'm seeing through this act [icon_wink

Active Now

• Mister Wright
  • Porthoz
  • mystico
  • Santa
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Justwin
  • Fatboy
  • kiwibronco
  • Financeguy
  • bert_lifts
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.