Dally M Awards winners...

I thought the best headline was Ricky Stuart claiming Mitchell Pearce is the best halfback in the world.

Also amazing to see Lockyer is $41 to win Clive Churchill!!

Would you expect him to be longer or shorter?

I guess those odds have to reflect that Brisbane have to actually make the GF, and more than likely win it, for Lockyer to even be considered for the award.

Last edited:
Would definitely have thought they would be shorter.

I don't think Lockyer would ever be in line for an award like a Dally M, even if he didn't have to compete with his quality team mates.

Don't get me wrong, Lockyer is one of the best I've seen but he wasn't the type of player who was excellent week in week out, no, Lockyer truly shined when the team needed him to. He wasn't the type of player the NRL loves who puts a motza on a s**t team, instead he was the player who'd come up with the crunch plays against the quality sides and steer his team to victory.

That's why I prefer the Golden Boot award, and Lockyer was truly hard done by not to have collected 3. How Andy Farrell bumped him in 2004 remains a mystery to me.
this.

its the things lockyer does off the ball that make him great just as much or moreso as what he does with it in hand. because he doesnt score lots of flashy tries, he never gets the points. people on here are as guilty of it as the people handing out the dally m points - they see that Hodges for example scored 2 tries so they think he played awesome and give him the 3 points........but if you look at it, it was Lockyer that got the defense in 2 minds, Lockyer that drew the centre in, Lockyer that timed the pass perfectly, and Lockyer that had even told Hodges where to run. all Hodges had to do was catch the ball and put it down 2 metres up field. it happens far too often for my liking - the try scorer gets all the credit even if they literally did next to nothing.

the closest lockyer wouldve ever come to winning the dally M wouldve been back around 2000 id say, when he was carving up teams with his running game week in week out.

Anything to take a stab at Hodges hey Stu?

Pretty kind words about Lockyer since just last year you said he was done, past it and forever consigned to the list of players that played on 1 year too long.

Juicy odds, though. If we make the Grand Final, you can bet left nut that the MOTM will either be Thaiday, Lockyer or Hodges.
They love the hookers too, so add Macca in as well. They do love Macca.

i reckon Lockyer was robbed Captain of the Year. Dead set.

Anything to take a stab at Hodges hey Stu?

Pretty kind words about Lockyer since just last year you said he was done, past it and forever consigned to the list of players that played on 1 year too long.
wasnt taking a stab at hodges at all - was taking a stab at his sackriders.

and i dont see how what i said about lockyer last year has anything to do with what i just said? lockyer was nowhere to be seen in this years dally ms, and deservedly so - hes played well, but it has been far from one of his best seasons, and hes been nowhere near as good as players like slater, thurston or smith.

but anything to take a stab at me hey jeb?

if we win the final, thaiday will get MotM - he has a habit of getting them despite being nowhere near the best player on field.

If we make the big one McGuire will walk away with the MOTM.
Sent from my T8697 (Mango Beta) using Board Expres

They love the hookers too, so add Macca in as well. They do love Macca.

So the $41 isn't really looking too good of a bet anymore.

The Broncos need to win the GF, and even then Lockyer probably only has a 1 in 4/5 chance of realistically winning MOTM.

$67 for McGuire... He has had a nice handful of MOTM this year.
$67 for Macca as well

$251 for Hala.... It could happen right?

The Broncos need to win the GF, and even then Lockyer probably only has a 1 in 4/5 chance of realistically winning MOTM.
i think the fact that its his last game does work in his favour though. if he set up a few tries, maybe scored one himself or made a big play or 2 like a 40/20 or forced some drop outs with good kicks, itd probably get him over the line. all the talk in GF week would be about him going out with an absolute fairytale YEAR, and it would play in the MotM selectors heads no doubt.

If we are to win it won't be on the back of Lockyer but he will most likely land the killer blow which hopefully gets him the Medal. Would be great for him to finish with the Broncos that way.

i think the fact that its his last game does work in his favour though. if he set up a few tries, maybe scored one himself or made a big play or 2 like a 40/20 or forced some drop outs with good kicks, itd probably get him over the line. all the talk in GF week would be about him going out with an absolute fairytale YEAR, and it would play in the MotM selectors heads no doubt.
Lockyer won't get it. Just like Allan Langer didn't get it in 1992. They don't like to give it to the deserving winner.

Lockyer won't get it. Just like Allan Langer didn't get it in 1992. They don't like to give it to the deserving winner.

for real? or are u being sarcastic?

Tonie Carroll was absolutely rorted in 2000, he was far and away best on ground.

Tonie Carroll was absolutely rorted in 2000, he was far and away best on ground.

No way. Locky deserved it, or Luke Phillips in a beaten Roosters team.

If you mean 1998, then yes I agree

Well the Broncos are $7 to win the premiership, or a 1/7 chance. If Lockyer is a 1/4 or 1/5 chance of winning Clive Churchill if we win, then he is a 1/28 to 1/35 chance of winning the Clive Churchill as of now, which would mean he is still value given at $41 his chances are expected to be 1/41.

Personally speaking I think Robbie Farah at $41 is even better value than Lockyer, but I still think those odds are above what Lockyer should be.

Active Now

• Kev_Guz
  • johnny plath
  • ostin86
  • HarryAllan7
  • davidp
  • Waynesaurus
  • Dash
  • NSW stables
  • mrslong
  • Broncs1459
  • Foordy
  • Yellowfella
  • Scdeac
  • winslow_wong
  • Gaz
  • Big Del
  • GCBRONCO
  • porouian
  • sooticus
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.