Dally M Awards winners...

i think the fact that its his last game does work in his favour though. if he set up a few tries, maybe scored one himself or made a big play or 2 like a 40/20 or forced some drop outs with good kicks, itd probably get him over the line. all the talk in GF week would be about him going out with an absolute fairytale YEAR, and it would play in the MotM selectors heads no doubt.

I understand and agree with all that, but it still requires the Broncos to make, and more than likely, win the GF.

I think Cam Smith at $18 isn't too bad a bet, considering that Melbourne will probably win the GF.

He was brilliant in both. Massive in big games. He basically shut Fittler's running game down within 10 minutes of the kickoff.

No way. Locky deserved it, or Luke Phillips in a beaten Roosters team.

If you mean 1998, then yes I agree
Luke Phillips had probably the best game from a player in a beaten team youll ever see IMO, and I wouldnt have argued with him getting man of the match. without him the Broncos win by 20+.

now back on the dally ms - did anyone see the footy show last night? i flicked over and robbo was at the dally ms interviewing people. he got to Thaiday, and he said 'so you took the 2 weeks? blah blah blah' and Thaiday then goes ahead and says 'yeah us black guys are always guilty so i just took the 2'..............now i know he was kidding, but geez ill be surprised if the NRL doesnt at least give him a slap on the wrist for that. stupid thing to say on national television if you ask me, joke or not.

Last edited:
I'm not sure, but didn't in 1992 they give the motm to that Dragons twat? Alfie controlled the game like a master. Or did he get it and I'm confuseing it with 1993, which is probably my least favourite grand final to watch.

Agree TC was the best in 1998, and Locky the best in 2000!

I'm not sure, but didn't in 1992 they give the motm to that Dragons twat? Alfie controlled the game like a master. Or did he get it and I'm confuseing it with 1993, which is probably my least favourite grand final to watch.

Agree TC was the best in 1998, and Locky the best in 2000!

In 1992 Alf got it.
In 1993 Brad Mackay got it (and he was embarrassed about it, I remember in his acceptance he said "the Broncos had so many great players they obviously couldn't pick who they should give it to")

now back on the dally ms - did anyone see the footy show last night? i flicked over and robbo was at the dally ms interviewing people. he got to Thaiday, and he said 'so you took the 2 weeks? blah blah blah' and Thaiday then goes ahead and says 'yeah us black guys are always guilty so i just took the 2'..............now i know he was kidding, but geez ill be surprised if the NRL doesnt at least give him a slap on the wrist for that. stupid thing to say on national television if you ask me, joke or not.

Agree. Silly comment.

Reminds me of the infamous Locky "raper" joke that he talks about in the book, though obviously not on the same scale. Just a silly thing to say, and I hope Sam realises that.

Given my penchant for interesting (useless?) trivial stats, "Broncos" (current or former) have won the Clive Churchill Medal 7 times.

Langer (92)
Tallis (98)
Lockyer (2000)
Priddis (2003)
Prince (2005)
Berrigan (2006)
Boyd (2010)

Given my penchant for interesting (useless?) trivial stats, "Broncos" (current or former) have won the Clive Churchill Medal 7 times.

Langer (92)
Tallis (98)
Lockyer (2000)
Priddis (2003)
Prince (2005)
Berrigan (2006)
Boyd (2010)

Did they have a similar concept in Super League? I can't remember who got MOTM in the 97 SL GF. I'm guessing maybe renouf considering he scored 3 tries.

Did they have a similar concept in Super League? I can't remember who got MOTM in the 97 SL GF. I'm guessing maybe renouf considering he scored 3 tries.

I can't recall either, but I think it was Renouf. They did have a "medal" but can't remember who it was named after. Probably Uncle Rupert :P

yeh im pretty sure it was renouf , i just remember a picture in the paper of him with a medal around his neck and 3 fingers up on each hand.

With regards to those 2 jokes, both of them are humorous.... Geeze society is getting soft and ridiculous. I get that it's politically incorrect, but life is so tough these days you gotta be able to laugh at things.

With regards to those 2 jokes, both of them are humorous.... Geeze society is getting soft and ridiculous. I get that it's politically incorrect, but life is so tough these days you gotta be able to laugh at things.
personally i have no problem with them, but come on - hes joking and saying that the NRL and its judiciary are racist. joke or not, you cant say that on national television. common sense.

As Locky said in his book, he realised as soon as he'd said it he'd done the wrong thing, because as an Australian player, let alone captain, you have a responsibility to uphold a level of dignity that doesn't diminish the value of the jersey you wear as a representation of those who have done so before you.

Same with Sam. His standing in the game means he can't say stuff like that, as humourous and unintended as it may have been.

It's just like the councillor who's in the news at the moment for making jokes about drunk bogans, single mums etc - jokes and stereotypes we probably laugh at, but the fact is as a representative of an electorate, he was out of line.

personally i have no problem with them, but come on - hes joking and saying that the NRL and its judiciary are racist. joke or not, you cant say that on national television. common sense.
I know. I know. I'm not having a go at anyone here, but just at society. It annoys me that you can't throw those jokes around.

I can't recall either, but I think it was Renouf. They did have a "medal" but can't remember who it was named after. Probably Uncle Rupert :P

What's this? A broncos trivia question that Coxy doesn't know the answer to?

I thought you even knew what colour underwear Barry Maranta was wearing the day the Broncos got entrance to the NSWRL.

:D

What's this? A broncos trivia question that Coxy doesn't know the answer to?

I thought you even knew what colour underwear Barry Maranta was wearing the day the Broncos got entrance to the NSWRL.

:D

Barry Maranta went commando :P

For all the talk about the Players Association awards being more prestigious than the Dally M's (which normally I wuold agree with whole-heartedly) can someone explain to me how Uate won last night? I had him in my fantasy team this year so I watched more than a few Newcastle games and he wouldn't have produced more then 2 or 3 performances that were remotely eye-catching.

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Foordy
  • Kev_Guz
  • johnny plath
  • Waynesaurus
  • ostin86
  • HarryAllan7
  • davidp
  • Dash
  • mrslong
  • Broncs1459
  • Yellowfella
  • Scdeac
  • winslow_wong
  • Gaz
  • Big Del
  • GCBRONCO
  • sooticus
  • porouian
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.