Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Re: Rumour - Daly Cherry-Evans to Brisbane Broncos

Great idea Porthoz. As reward you can use this one:

Scarlett+Johansson+gif+dump+_a16d72a8140d2f967922f8649a7bd04c.gif
Went directly to my private collection... but left a mess behind.

redbur95

redbur95

QCup Player
Feb 17, 2013

Right, back on track...

Interesting development according to Sportsfan.com.au - Players rise, officials flounder - News - SportsFan

Cherry ripe for Broncos move
Manly halfback Daly Cherry-Evans is expected to ask for and be granted a release from the Sea Eagles once their season comes to an end in order to sign with Brisbane. Cherry-Evans is believed to have fallen out with the Stewart brothers and is keen to return to his native Queensland. Reuniting with childhood friend Ben Barba at the Broncos is an added bonus. The flow-on from this is that the Eagles are expected to make a move to re-sign Will Hopoate, who is looking elsewhere now Ricky Stuart has left the Eels.

Strange. I haven't heard any DCE news until this round-review article, but I hope this has foundation.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008

I'm doubtful that we'll either get Hoppa (who was originally signed by Kearney for the Eels) or DCE.

I'd be ecstatic to be wrong though especially with DCE. I just can't see Manly letting him go, he's too damn good. Guess we'll have to wait at least two weeks to hear anything further though since I just don't see the Sharks being a challenge for the Beagles at all.

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013

Yes yes n yes . This would be the biz. All other rumours could go **** themselves.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013

I would deadest lose my shit.

1. Barba

6. Hunt
7. DCE

QLD Reds: Milf

As good as Milf is and will be, DCE is IMO more what we need right now, a leader, an organiser. Pull out ALL stops.

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013

I would deadest lose my ****.

1. Barba

6. Hunt
7. DCE

QLD Reds: Milf

As good as Milf is and will be, DCE is IMO more what we need right now, a leader, an organiser. Pull out ALL stops.

Well if by some manner of voodoo we can manage to have a fit and happy Barba at 1, DCE at 7, Hunt at 6, a big pack of forwards, Granville coming off the bench........... Hook will really have no excuses. It will be a quality team.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010

Filling our cap with players who cant get along with their current teams and cant honor contracts. Great players, and the possible team list reads like adream line up but this could end in tears for the Broncos.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

Let's be honest, we aren't getting DCE for 2014, don't bother getting your hopes up guys.

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013

Let's be honest, we aren't getting DCE for 2014, don't bother getting your hopes up guys.
Arrrrrrggggghhhhh . You and your "reality" I just want to go back to my DCE happy place.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013

I can't see it happening. Manly will not let him go. They would be stupid to do so.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

Yeah, if it came down to him vs the Stewart bros, surely you'd be letting the Stewarts go. Only Brett would be a huge blow, though not as big as losing DCE. Glenn is pretty damn ordinary IMO.

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013

I can't see it happening. Manly will not let him go. They would be stupid to do so.
Maybe they will have no choice Re :3rd party deals.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008

For mine, DCE is in the won't happen basket until it does actually happen. I can't see Manly just agreeing to release him.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

My friend who apparently knows somebody close to the drama, says it's nothing relating to the Stewart brothers or 3rd party deals that are stirring these rumours, more-so him wanting to be next in line for the captaincy after Lyon retires, but from what I hear, the club has told him that the odds are he won't be, and he's unhappy.

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013

My friend who apparently knows somebody close to the drama, says it's nothing relating to the Stewart brothers or 3rd party deals that are stirring these rumours, more-so him wanting to be next in line for the captaincy after Lyon retires, but from what I hear, the club has told him that the odds are he won't be, and he's unhappy.
Broncos 7 DCe (c) done

coreyh88

coreyh88

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2012

Also consider the fact that they only jusssssst managed to sign b Stewart at the start of the year. They haven't been able to re sign kite or rose but inteas replaced two of their top three props with lui. I doubt they can afford re signing Daly. Maybe they realise they need to let a star go. I also think both manly and their fans rate b Stewart k foran j Lyon g Stewart all higher than Daly. So I wouldn't dismiss the possibility. But will try to contain my hopes. I'd honestly bench milf if we got all three. He could come on for Andrew in the six with hunt going to nine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• barker
  • Santa
  • Mr Fourex
  • mystico
  • Cavalo
  • Xzei
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • kman
  • winslow_wong
  • The Strapper
  • Wolfie
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.