Daly Cherry-Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
DCE is supposedly close to re-signing, but I won't believe it until I see it. I'm starting to become just as keen for Foran, may help us retain and gain NZ talent down the track.

We were never a chance for DCE, don't want Foran either.

The other point in our favour is DCE's failed third party deals. The Sea Eagles can't guarantee them, but you can be sure as hell that they're sourcing them, so there will always be that doubt in his mind as to whether he'll get his full money if he stays in Manly. Think of the third party stuff he could get up here, being a Queenslander playing for Brisbane, he's got a license to print third-party money.

If Hunt can play like he did on friday night more and Milf can blow the game apart from 5/8... I don't care about DCE and our salary cap would be thankful for it as well.

In form I'm fine with

1. Barba
6. Milf
7. hunt
9. Macca

Split the 1mil we would have had to pay for DCE across those 4 as top ups and we could be sweet for a few years.

I hope so. It's a fair sized IF on Hunt though

Every time Hunt has had a great game, there have been some calls about how we don't need DCE anymore.

It's happened a grand total of twice so far.

And if Hunt can find his form and confidence like he did friday night, we won't need DCE. Welcome to 2014 his first actual season as an NRL halfback.

If Hunt can play like he did on friday night more and Milf can blow the game apart from 5/8... I don't care about DCE and our salary cap would be thankful for it as well.

In form I'm fine with

1. Barba
6. Milf
7. hunt
9. Macca

Split the 1mil we would have had to pay for DCE across those 4 as top ups and we could be sweet for a few years.

I kinda agree, but at the same time, if you had the option of spending 1mil and having this:

1. Barba
6. Milford
7. DCE
9. Macca

OR

1. Barba
4. Milford
6. Hunt
7. DCE
9. Macca

You'd do it every day of the week. Not for a second would the Storm regret having Slater AND Smith AND Cronk, and likewise we wouldn't regret having Barba + Milford + DCE.

And if Hunt can find his form and confidence like he did friday night, we won't need DCE. Welcome to 2014 his first actual season as an NRL halfback.

So because he wasn't halfback that excuses him from having a shocking kicking game and or playmaking ability for the last few years?

So because he wasn't halfback that excuses him from having a shocking kicking game and or playmaking ability for the last few years?

Umm pretty much yeah when you assume he wouldn't have trained in the halves and instead been the opposing hooker in training sessions up until he played his few games at 7 last year and the scattered few throughout the years. Can only practice 'half' skills so much when you're forced to play relief dummy half for your entire NRL career til now.

so he forgot all the skills he learned before hand?

Umm pretty much yeah when you assume he wouldn't have trained in the halves and instead been the opposing hooker in training sessions up until he played his few games at 7 last year and the scattered few throughout the years. Can only practice 'half' skills so much when you're forced to play relief dummy half for your entire NRL career til now.
I'm willing to accept that he may miss routine to steer a team around the park, and up to a point for his decision making (which btw, is not that bad).
You can see that he still needs to find his feet as the main organiser and adapt to an almost exclusively running halves partner, and that is something I am willing to give him time to hone, but there is no excuse for his passing and in particular his abysmal kicking game, which are skills well practised as a hooker too. That excuse doesn't fly for those!

All about confidence. If he's not sure of himself, the game plan execution or players around him, all facets of his game will suffer, as it does for nearly all players (to varying degrees). As others have said, if he can keep performing well, his whole game will improve. How many times would he have been told to or been allowed to kick from dummy-half? Macca does mainly for 40/20 chances but that's not often. Other than that only grubbers inside the 20 maybe (granted I'm no expert on the training regimes they run). Also you don't often throw many cut-out passes or display deceptive passing actions throwing to one-out running forwards which has basically been our entire game plan for the past two years.

It may look like I'm excusing him too much but it's not surprising how stagnated some of his ability is from riding benches for 50-60 mins a game and playing out of position since 2009.

Why are people happy with Hunt? He's fucking useless.

I'm sure Nashy doesn't even watch our games so it pays to take what he says about footy with a grain of salt.

Hunt has played one or two good games and everyone thinks he's the man. Delusional!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• mrtij
  • Kev_Guz
  • Wendall Taylor
  • mrslong
  • Stix
  • Redux
  • Alec
  • Maroon4life
  • thenry
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Bucking Beads
  • Cavalo
  • Fitzy
  • Behold
  • Jazza
  • Nerd
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fozz
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.