Dare to Dream: Just what if we beat the Eels.....and made it to the GF

• Thread starter PNG Broncos fan88
  • Start date
Well I was at a wedding without internet access so I was shocked and excited to see the Storm lose but.......fark me we are so screwed.

If by some unlikely miracle we beat the Eels, there is absolutely no chance we beat a cranky storm the next week......it would be a bloodbath.
Yeah this.

I'd happily take a "the effort was there" loss today. We're going to get utterly embarassed by the Storm in week 2 if we win today and I don't think that's good for the club, or the mentality of the young players going into next year.

Yeah this.

I'd happily take a "the effort was there" loss today. We're going to get utterly embarassed by the Storm in week 2 if we win today and I don't think that's good for the club, or the mentality of the young players going into next year.

Winning today? See above

Wow there’s a lot of pessimism in here. The Eels are beatable if we play well and that should be the focus today and every game we play.
Obviously we need to fix that right side defence and our line speed in the middle. We also need some off loads and someone hanging around that can take advantage. Would like to bring back the set play with Oates as well.
We can worry about the Storm next week.

We really just need to model our game on what the Roosters do so damn well: simple set plays, well rehearsed so that they can be well executed at serious speed. The key to their stunning recent play is speed and execution - 2 fucking basic NRL elements ANY decent coach ought to be able to instil in his team.

I just cannot believe Seibold can watch the Roosters play and ignore the success of their style. It beggars belief that he persists with our shitty one-out game plan, with the caveat that having a shitty 9, 6 and 7 really gives him little choice.

We don’t have Cronk & Keary. The Roosters themselves tried it without Keary and were out-played by theRabbitohs. There’s something to be said for replicating successful tactics, but only if you have the same type of players.

Maybe the marketing team blew a massive amount of coin on the whole dark horse campaign some time ago and we had to play like shit because the board didn’t want it to go to waste.

Same , I can't think of anything worse getting beat by Melbourne and having Billy wanking over it in commentary.
Did you see the post game analysis with Billy and Erin? Detailing the loss, Slater started of composed but then his tone came off loud and angry at the end. Fucking loved that he was riled :rofl

Parra is unlikely at best
Storm are impossible
Roosters are beatable
Eagles/Rabbits/Raiders would be unlikely at best

It’s been fun but start planning for next year already.

If Manly make the GF they'll be 2017 Cowboys-like cannon fodder. The Rabbits are shit as well.

Remember that dream GF we all envisioned early 1990's.
A matchup against the Raiders has been well overdue.

Last edited:

Active Now

• cento
  • Justwin
  • Harry Sack
  • Fitzy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Kev_Guz
  • marw
  • Painin the Haas
  • Hoof Hearted
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Culhwch
  • Porthoz
  • Allo
  • Manlyman
  • Turks85
  • Griffo
  • Jazza
  • Dash
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Aldo
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.