Dare to Dream: Just what if we beat the Eels.....and made it to the GF

Mustafur

NYC Player
Shitney
If we beat Parra I like our chances to make Week 3 as long as we play Raiders.

Then we get TPJ back against likely the Rorters.

That's 2 Teams we have a good record against, ofcourse the finals are different but it's not the worst run to the GF.

Last edited:

Mister Wright

NRL Player
Nobody gave the Dragons a chance against us last season. The Broncos had just come off 40 points and the Dragons limped into the finals. We even stopped scoring so we could match up against the Dragons instead of the Panthers.

The Dragons then went on to almost boilover Souths the next week. The finals are anything but pre-determined. We are a team that can get up for very short periods. 3 weeks here, 2 weeks there. We've limped into the 8 and I reckon Seibold would be loving our position with a young team. Every single 'expert' (except Griffin has written us off) so there is nothing to lose. All they have to do is go out there and give it 100% and who knows what can happen...Get a win, gain some confidence we then face a team bashed up by a top 4 team the week before.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Unfortunately, it's not going to happen.

I highly doubt we will even make it to the second week of the finals. I get the feeling this season is very much like 2007. At the start of the season the main goal was finishing top 4 and winning the premiership but after a bad first half of the season and facing the prospect of not making the 8 the ultimate goal was just to make the finals.

Now that we have, I think we'll do the same thing that we did against Melbourne in 2007 and that is mentally checkout.

Accept

NRL Player
Sawtell
Unfortunately, it's not going to happen.

I highly doubt we will even make it to the second week of the finals. I get the feeling this season is very much like 2007. At the start of the season the main goal was finishing top 4 and winning the premiership but after a bad first half of the season and facing the prospect of not making the 8 the ultimate goal was just to make the finals.

Now that we have, I think we'll do the same thing that we did against Melbourne in 2007 and that is mentally checkout.
2007 produced the worst injury toll in Bronco history with 13 regulars not participating in the game vs Melb. Not a suitable comparison to 2019.

something

NYC Player
Does anyone see this happening?
Beating a damn good Parra, an angry Melbourne, then a red hot Roosters.... then lastly probably Raiders ? Nup... if we did this it would be the best finals conquest in history

But damn it’d be good

Alec

International Rep
Beating a damn good Parra, an angry Melbourne, then a red hot Roosters.... then lastly probably Raiders ? Nup... if we did this it would be the best finals conquest in history

But damn it’d be good
To be honest, just beating the Eels would already be a big upset. Beating the Storm would be a miracle, like a once in a million thing getting to the prelims.

Accept

NRL Player
Sawtell

But damn it’d be good
I've seen this happening in my dreams but I don't mix fantasy with reality and reality says that this sorry season ends tomorrow.

Mustafur

NYC Player
Shitney
If we make the Grand Final in some miracle, it would be different to the Cowboys in 2017, we would likely be the favourites as we would of wiped out all the strong teams along the way.

That said, We might beat Parra but no realistic scenario sees us beating Storm after a loss. plus the game is at Melbourne.

The TPJ suspension has ruined our ability for some adlib footy to spark our attack.

I hope I'm wrong though, but it would probably require some special plays by players that have done nothing all season.

Last edited:

BroncsFan

NRL Player
If we make the Grand Final in some miracle, it would be different to the Cowboys in 2017, we would likely be the favourites as we would of wiped out all the strong teams along the way.

That said, We might beat Parra but no realistic scenario sees us beating Storm after a loss. plus the game is at Melbourne.

The TPJ suspension has ruined our ability for some adlib footy to spark our attack.

I hope I'm wrong though, but it would probably require some special plays by players that have done nothing all season.
Well every win that we do get wipes off a week of TPJ's suspension #Broncs2020

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter