RUMOUR Darius Boyd and Paul White Standing Down

Financeguy

QCup Player
Nothing against Carrigan, i think he is set for a great career, hopefully at the Broncos,but its sad to think a rookie with only 19 games, most off the bench, is a good choice for next captain.

I'd rather a Glenn or Gillett have a season or 2 as captain before throwing a young/inexperienced guy (Carrigan/Lodge/Haas) the captaincy. My concern is are either of them in the best 13 run on side in 2020...

FaithinHook

NRL Player
yeah imo we have a seriously big problem there. the experiment proved he's not a FB anymore, but he's a pretty mediocre 5/8 as well. his running game consists of a stop and jink in the line and if that doesn't work, he's got nothing. average passing game, average kicking game, a speed hump in the front line.

1 million dollars.
As much as I hate Mitch Moses, he absolutely shits all over Milford I'm sorry to say. I wouldn't be re-signing Milford on any more than 400k. I would honestly like him to **** off altogether to be honest.

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Bangalow
As much as I hate Mitch Moses, he absolutely shits all over Milford I'm sorry to say. I wouldn't be re-signing Milford on any more than 400k. I would honestly like him to **** off altogether to be honest.
You can't assess a player's performance without taking into account the coaching and the players with whom he has to combine. In Milford's case, he was forced to play 3 positions because the incumbents couldn't and that for mine screwed Milf for this year.

The Eels have quality across the park, their spine is really good and they are coached extremely well, in fact, to exploit their strengths, unlike us where there are none.

The same logic applies to Fifita and Haas being unfairly expected to carry the team to compensate for a truly shitty spine and game plan

NSW stables

NRL Player
Gillett is just as cooked as boyd. Locky was a legend player but with some of his opinions/decisions lately, i think he could be a candidate for the concussion studies. It is a sad state when we have no other options for captain. Milf is no captain.

Milf is no fullback. He has been out of position defensively each game, watching him field kicks is painful how far away he is. You would think as a kicker, he would have a good idea where the kicker would be looking. It was only this week that moses had done his homework and took advantage of it.

abashii

NRL Player
Deep Didgeridoo
Maybe. He looked like absolute dreck a year or two ago, if he can improve from being released mid-season by perennial garbage merchants to what he's like at the moment then the sky's the limit for Milf.

broncos4life

International Rep
Brisbane
Paul White will be a monumental loss to this organisation ...

Darius Boyd was expected, I still expect him to retire quietly during the off season
I have to disagree with you there. Yes in terms of the financial success he has been great but his decisions in anything regarding the football side has been diabolical. If we had a general manager of football and White was solely for the financial/rest of the organisation all well and good but in the current structure where the buck for both sides stops with him he has fucked up big time.

FaithinHook

NRL Player
I think the time is right for Darius to give it away. He has nothing left to give, nothing left to prove, he should just enjoy the next stage of his life now with his family.
The only thing the cat has to prove is how he can be such a selfish prick and stay around collecting his pay cheque when he turns in a performance such as yesterday. When he turned his back on that bomb I could have seriously reached through the tv and slapped him all the way to Redfern. The **** has no pride in his performances anymore.

Last edited:

Battler

NRL Captain
North Brisbane
Nothing against Carrigan, i think he is set for a great career, hopefully at the Broncos,but its sad to think a rookie with only 19 games, most off the bench, is a good choice for next captain.

I'd rather a Glenn or Gillett have a season or 2 as captain before throwing a young/inexperienced guy (Carrigan/Lodge/Haas) the captaincy. My concern is are either of them in the best 13 run on side in 2020...
Maybe roll with 3 co-captains lol. Lodge, Haas (I'd say TPJ, but he'd do even dumber shit on the field if he thought he was responsible for the team as captain), Carrigan with it being accepted that Carrigan is man going forward. Or we could sign Foran and make him co-captain.

Financeguy

QCup Player
You are probably right but good luck saying that 12 months ago when the Eels got the spoon. 12 months is a long time in the NRL.

Agree that Milf needs to take a haircut next contract unless he has a Mitchell Moses like turnaround in 2020

Financeguy

QCup Player
Maybe roll with 3 co-captains lol. Lodge, Haas (I'd say TPJ, but he'd do even dumber shit on the field if he thought he was responsible for the team as captain), Carrigan with it being accepted that Carrigan is man going forward. Or we could sign Foran and make him co-captain.
Yep, i'd say all considerations are still on the table for Seibs at the moment.

Wolfie

State of Origin Captain

I'm a huge fan of Patty, he is an incredibly smart footy player and he is by far the best choice for captain in the future, but the time isn't right now i dont believe. Totally agree we need just a solid performer who doesnt do many dumb things just to let these young guys develop without added pressure.

Renegade

NRL Captain
Maybe. He looked like absolute dreck a year or two ago, if he can improve from being released mid-season by perennial garbage merchants to what he's like at the moment then the sky's the limit for Milf.
He got released because he wanted to leave the basket case. It is in no way a sleight on him that he was released by the Tigers to join the Eels.

And I fucking hate Moses too (most punchable face in league).

holdzy89

NRL Captain
I doubt even Cronk, Joey or JT in their peak careers could've stopped what happened yesterday.
They sure as **** would have scored a point.
Post automatically merged:

On topic, both Boyd and White should go. Unacceptable, and if some heads don't roll we know we are firmly in boys club territory.

Last edited:

abashii

NRL Player
Deep Didgeridoo
He got released because he wanted to leave the basket case. It is in no way a sleight on him that he was released by the Tigers to join the Eels.

And I fucking hate Moses too (most punchable face in league).
Aye, I'm aware of how and why he left. Milford may have his downsides but he's never dogged it or worse so he could get a release to go elsewhere.

FaithinHook

NRL Player
White is moving on, probably to the NRL, he's not "standing down".
Well maybe he should stand down! He is ultimately responsible for overseeing all aspects of this operation/organisation and apart from being successful in a financial sense, we have achieved NOTHING for 13 years on the field. That is simply unacceptable for a 1 city team with our resources!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.