PLAYER Darius Boyd Discussion

Dead right mate ... the season's done and it's time to start clearing the decks and bringing in the new blood that so many have been screaming for .. for so long. At the end of the day it is just a game, look back at other clubs who've had the season from hell and finished with the spoon and played on to win the glittering prizes. I read a lot in here and only occasionally contribute a comment. I'm a rusted-on member of the club and personally, I'd rather see a bunch of lads celebrating the stellar career of a team-mate as well as the impending birth of his little girl than a bunch of emotional wrecks sitting around weeping. Those photos of celebration show me that there's still mate-ship in the group and that can only serve us well as we move on.
Yes, the mateship is about the only positive I can take from this. Here's hoping!

Dead right mate ... the season's done and it's time to start clearing the decks and bringing in the new blood that so many have been screaming for .. for so long. At the end of the day it is just a game, look back at other clubs who've had the season from hell and finished with the spoon and played on to win the glittering prizes. I read a lot in here and only occasionally contribute a comment. I'm a rusted-on member of the club and personally, I'd rather see a bunch of lads celebrating the stellar career of a team-mate as well as the impending birth of his little girl than a bunch of emotional wrecks sitting around weeping. Those photos of celebration show me that there's still mate-ship in the group and that can only serve us well as we move on.
Ipswich folk, salt of the earth.

God they find some weird hills to die on. His last ever game. He has one of the best of the season and they whinge about this?
God, it's been an awful year, players breaking curfew, others obviously not fit, and we choose a pink cloud to get worked up on seasons end.
Thank god Morris is gone.
After that horrible year what do they want? Players to role over into the dirt and die? You move on, and any levity will help put this season at their backs.
There's a very great good chance that a lot of those players will have played their past game together. For some they weren't good enough, others they have come to the end and others still are looking to new horizons. A little impromptu humour after the seasons last game and now Morris is upset.
How about getting cranky with the blokes that signed a rookie coach to a 5 million dollar deal or the ones that thought a bunch of rookies and has beens could cut it? Most of all how about being upset about people who have lost all sight of what football is all about and think a spreadsheet lies at the game's heart.
Speaking of heart, that's what's missing with this club. That human thing that means someone cares. You don't find it from a promotional video or a carefully orchestrated press conference, but sometimes in team mates having a little laugh with each other when the chips are down and all you have is each other.
The only thing wrong with it are the visuals, and in this case, Darius wanted to go out doing this cringe stunt in front of the media. This was premeditated. Poor taste in my opinion.

The players have every reason to "celebrate" now. Get shitfaced, piss in the street, climb traffic lights, make complete tools of themselves, and mostly be thankful it's all over for the year. But immediately after getting the spoon - after yet another dismal effort - laughing and cheering, **** no. Just no. Slink off, head down, grit your teeth, vow to never let it happen again.

And Darius, do your stupid fucking gender reveal another time, another place. You've taken a legacy of shit and pissed all over it. You're an embarrassment to the jersey.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you are saying, but it sounds like a former SAS soldier participated in insubordination or he was blindly following the orders of Darius Boyd and his wife, who are probably not his direct superiors in the chain of command....

You asked who the guy in the coat was- I answered you. Then just added commentary.

It was absolutely in very poor taste.
And doing a public gender reveal on a footy field is completely selfish, it's all about ME.
And WTF who does one at all anyway??? What happened to just gathering your family and friends and saying 'having a girl' over a quiet drink? Has the entire world gone histrionic now?
Anyone with an ounce of emotional intelligence would have told his teammates in the sheds in private.
After being beaten for, what, the 12th time straight? And collecting last place, any player that genuinely cares would be emotionally devastated. Unable to smile in that moment. And yet there they are celebrating like they won the GF. It's a very poor look.
It may well be the dumbest thing I've ever witnessed.

Boyd should of been dropped 3 years to attempt to wake him up. Search my posts I called it before most of you.

But there are plenty of young players in your side that not only looked up to him but relied on his experience at training and game days week in.

He deserves at the very least a celebration of his career and if he gets a laugh instead of being chaired off then who cares.
Harsh fans
Please start saying ‘should have’ and not ‘should of’... it’s not fucking hard

Last edited:
Yeah but you really should of used a full stop. 🤣
This sums up the whole argument to me. We have centres that can't defend, wingers who can't catch. halves that can't kick, forwards that can't tackle and hookers who can't pass yet we're arguing over smoke, or in this case grammar.

This sums up the whole argument to me. We have centres that can't defend, wingers who can't catch. halves that can't kick, forwards that can't tackle and hookers who can't pass yet we're arguing over smoke, or in this case grammar.

You missed a capital letter after a full stop and only single space after a comma.

Why did Boyd choose to do the Gender reveal in the public eye? He wanted everyone to see it. Its narcissistic and in poor taste considering what has transpired this season.

I dont find his decision to go ahead with this idiocy surprising. Its typical of Boyd and i am incredibly happy that he has played his last game for us. I pray we dont allow his cancerous attitude any where near our young players impressionable minds.

Morris was embarrassed and disgusted. Well, well, well.
Well good onya mate for hanging in there. Let's face it if you survived the 2020 Broncos and all the attendant shit thrown at us by the NRL I'd say your resilience has pretty much won the day. Hope you find work soon and stay on top of the epilepsy too. Your contributions to the boards are always welcome.
Thank Jedhead and to everyone else on the forum for your support. Yeah it's been a shit year but that can be pretty much said for everyone else, the wooden spoon is just a cherry turd on top, I can't wait for it to be over. TBH I'm surprised I haven't a seizure this year so far, stress can enduce them for me and it's certainly been more then the norm.

Don't worry Bronco fans as shit as this season has been for us, it won't last forever, it might mean some short term tough times ahead and patience for results and changes but we will get there. Oh and get behind our girls in the NRLW competition! They have always been commited to making the fans proud and maintaining the high standard the club should maintain. I'm confident they will continue to do so.

Last edited:
The fact that nobody with any authority within the club had any idea that the players had planned that gender reveal tells you all you need to know about the state of the place. I said it in my 2020 review rant: The lunatics have the run of the asylum, and they know it.

Boyd has already been fucked off, now Milford, Oates, Joe O, Bird and Glenn all need to be gone by the end of next year, along with any other little shit that likes to act like a peacock without delivering any results (I'm looking at you, Pangai). The worst collection of "senior" players you are ever likely to see.

Last edited:
I don't mind losing as long as we play well. This season's I've watched more games excluding the broncs just to watch some half decent footy. In saying that. Despite how shit we are, at least we didn't get 60 put on us.

I think its a convenient target.

Big fucken deal, he didn't hurt anyone, just shared a moment with his teammates after a game.
None of us would even know about it, if the media didn't catch it on camera and turn it into clicks.

Let him celebrate, it isnt hurting anyone.

I would - I saw it and it was the weirdest thing I’ve seen on a football field. What the **** did it have to do with rugby league?

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Griffo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.