PLAYER Darius Boyd Discussion

Big Karl not happy
Wtf goes on if he is doing this shit without senior approval? Who was the gobshite in the Broncos blazer timing it for the cameras? Wtf!? None of this makes any sense. I'm seriously glad this guy is leaving if he's able to organise this crap behind the back of club officials and people just go with it. The PR from this was never going to be good. I'm just lost here.

Fire the dude in the blazer, for starters. He's a knob for not getting approval and clearly helping to organise it. The Broncos players need to take a look at themselves. I understand them being happy for Boyd, but to not question the decision (especially the many other part-time Captains in there aka Croft, Glenn, Carrigan) is just poor in virtue. They needed to know to say something like "yeah, maybe not if we lose"

Last edited:
Would have been much better in my opinion to have something like this occur today at Red Hill behind closed doors while the team are having a few drinks together to drown their many sorrows. But no, Kayla really had to make it all about her.

Perfectly said........

What a bitch.

Last edited:
You'd have to assume at this stage that there'll be no....end of year celebrations....no "Mad Monday" ??

As a fan....you'd certainly hope so.

I think I've lost the plot somewhere through this **** of a covid season. You see I thought last night's game had so much riding on it. Win at all costs to avoid the spoon and send the much loved (apparently) Darbs out a winner. It was also against the bastards who caused us so much pain back in 2015. I thought the intensity of every tackle, every carry would reflect how serious the game was. i thought no matter what the ref throws at us we'll be so single minded in winning this one game that it wont matter.

As I said, I've obviously lost the plot as the only guy that looked like he meant business was Staggs. The first couple of his tackles were seriously brutal. I thought Riki followed suite and Deardon had one of his better games despite getting whacked everytime he did his clearing kick (Where is his protection you slack arse morons?).

In all honesty maybe 4 or 5 of the 17 who suited up last night came to play, the rest wouldn't know serious commitment even if it held them down and slapped them in the face. I'm so glad Kevvie was at the game last night as I'm sure he took note of who couldn't be arsed to save the club from this final embarrassment of the season.

Lexie tried putting on a hit to dislodge the ball and seriously stuffed his shoulder. Mate do yourself a favour and call it a day, dont linger any longer. Awfulhengue gave us another fine exhibition of comfy football and Te'o failed to come out of the sheds to take the field. If he did I must have missed him.

Corey Oates sold the jerseys yet again. How can somebody be so dumb with only one brain? It's like he's never played wing before in defence. Paix I thought looked promising.... at the start of the season. Last night though he was like tits on a bull or an ashtray on a motorbike. He was a shell of when he first came into first grade.

Coates is becoming more of a worry too. last week I said I had concerns his confidence was being eroded. Last night confirmed that.

So that was the season from hell over thank ****. I just hope whoever takes over ensures our strength and conditioning team and the medical guys all get told to pack up and **** off and I hope this next pre-season is the hardest, snot-filled, vomit inducing, gut busting workout these guys have ever had to experience because last night's shitshow made it quite evident that playing for the Broncos at present means - near enough is good enough. That has to stop now.
!00% Correct

Boyd should of been dropped 3 years to attempt to wake him up. Search my posts I called it before most of you.

But there are plenty of young players in your side that not only looked up to him but relied on his experience at training and game days week in.

He deserves at the very least a celebration of his career and if he gets a laugh instead of being chaired off then who cares.
Harsh fans

I could not have said it any better even if I was writing it myself.
I'd appreciate it if you would edit your post so as to remove the comments I didn't make but you attributed to me. Simply removing the words I wrote works as an option too.

It's pretty weak and be reassured, I would say the same thing face to face. Thankyou

You'd think a wooden spoon would hurt more, but the joy of seeing Boyd leave is almost enough to make up for it. Silver Linings.

Morris was embarrassed and disgusted. Well, well, well.

Lol, I'd cop a club legend piping up and saying he was disgusted but Karl Morris of all people can shut the **** up. I'm embarrassed and disgusted he's the chairman of this club.

Fire up Karl.

Better late than never

Big Karl not happy

God they find some weird hills to die on. His last ever game. He has one of the best of the season and they whinge about this?
God, it's been an awful year, players breaking curfew, others obviously not fit, and we choose a pink cloud to get worked up on seasons end.
Thank god Morris is gone.
After that horrible year what do they want? Players to role over into the dirt and die? You move on, and any levity will help put this season at their backs.
There's a very great good chance that a lot of those players will have played their past game together. For some they weren't good enough, others they have come to the end and others still are looking to new horizons. A little impromptu humour after the seasons last game and now Morris is upset.
How about getting cranky with the blokes that signed a rookie coach to a 5 million dollar deal or the ones that thought a bunch of rookies and has beens could cut it? Most of all how about being upset about people who have lost all sight of what football is all about and think a spreadsheet lies at the game's heart.
Speaking of heart, that's what's missing with this club. That human thing that means someone cares. You don't find it from a promotional video or a carefully orchestrated press conference, but sometimes in team mates having a little laugh with each other when the chips are down and all you have is each other.

God they find some weird hills to die on. His last ever game. He has one of the best of the season and they whinge about this?
God, it's been an awful year, players breaking curfew, others obviously not fit, and we choose a pink cloud to get worked up on seasons end.
Thank god Morris is gone.
What do you mean Morris is gone, do you know something that we don't?

How do you stay silent all year and speak up now? It’s pretty obvious, Morris has realised how much hate Boyd gets. If he complains about Boyd then he might win some favour from those who are also complaining about Boyd.

Active Now

• HVbronco
  • Mustafur
  • Xzei
  • kiwibronco
  • Spoon
  • Mister Wright
  • Morkel
  • sooticus
  • Harry Sack
  • broncsgoat
  • bert_lifts
  • Tim K
  • Stix
  • Fitzy
  • Johnny92
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fatboy
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.