PLAYER Darius Boyd Discussion

Yeah, I think Boyd doesn't have a lot of friends. Why not wait until he can have other mates from the other clubs he played with or even past teammates? I also feel like the boys were a little tooooo hyped in the picture. But hey, maybe they do find babies joyous and really love Darbs. I don't know.

Like others have said, this seems like the typical FB/Insta mentality. I personally hate social media of this sort, because it is just big-noting and would IMO seriously negatively impact on someone with depression. The need for likes and followers. The constant pressure to post something new and positive (because who wants to see something mundane or even marginally negative?). For all his work with depression etc., he should wake up and realise that this lifestyle is contributing to his own demons. I would hazard a guess at his wife also being quite a negative person who needs this constant pandering. That (as I have experienced) is very stressful and is incredibly hard to shake because it relies on a person you love changing dramatically and even telling them is hard.

You really should try and be even just a little bit objective from time to time.

Given Boyd knew with absolute certainty as early as a week ago that there was a very high chance of us securing our first wooden spoon last night, at home, in front of paying fans, members and sponsors who would obviously and justifiably be quite heartbroken if the worst fears came true, I have to honestly question what was going on inside his head that made him think that this, of all things, of all times and all places, was in any way a good idea to go ahead with.

The place that employs you and has helped nurture you since a teenager, the place you yourself were actually made Captain of at one point, is going through it's absolute darkest hour and has just been humiliated with the final the nail in the coffin only moments earlier, and this is honestly the best you can come up with.

I've honestly tried SO hard to give this man the benefit of the doubt, to see things from his perspective and to try and empathise with why he says and does the things he does. But honestly, last night was really a bridge too far. Grown men with responsibility and respect for the people who've supported them don't behave like this, they know better and have a far greater sense of respect for such a dire situation and the people who are hurting from it.

Darius Boyd may have been great once, but he's quite clearly now an absolute cancer to the culture of the club and the sooner he's marched out of this place the better. I sincerely hope he is never afforded an opportunity to step foot in Red Hill ever again.
He wants to go into coaching...and this club would be stupid enough to bring him in

Alex Glenn’s video this morning was pathetic and a copout
Blaming covid and spending time away from people boo fucking who
The rest of the comp has done it and seem the be getting on with it. As far as I’m concerned I would be over the moon if we released him tomorrow and he was never seen in broncos colours again
The useless prick couldn’t even front up in the final press conference to apologise for their performance for not only last night but all year

The Warriors: Hold my beer, cuzzy bro

Excuse

Blaming covid and spending time away from people boo fucking who
To be fair I feel for Haas cause I know what it's like losing family members during this shitfuck of a year, I lost two of them and one not in a very pleasent manner. But in general it's a piss poor excuse, look at the Warriors and what they gave up, Brisbane had it pretty damn good in comparison.

Last edited:
Off topic (not really) but where is the report button? This is quite obviously a bait thread.

You don't have one anymore due to report function abuse per the actual rules of the website.

I don’t disagree with your last point at all.

Did you see Alex Glenn’s video this morning? They are saddened (not depressed, I dare say a few of the posters on here don’t understand what it feels like to be depressed, hence the misunderstanding over Boyd’s “just a game” comments). Do you know how some people deal with their sadness? By distracting themselves with something happy. This is just that. Boyd attempting to lift morale.
I've experienced depression both with family members and myself as well both of which committed suicide. I'm still battling it myself since I was diagnosed with epilepsy. I have my good days and my bad and the medication I'm on helps prevents seizures but it also has it's fair share of side effects, depression, mood swings, weight gain and a lot of other things. The mindset of it's just a game is an interesting one, it's actually his families livelyhood something very important in his life, where he goes from here will be interesting, I wish him the best.

I spent 15 years straight out of school working in a warehouse for the same company before I was made redundant, I've been struggling to find a job for quite sometime now and Covid has made it no easier, a lot of employers get turned off when they ask about health conditions and I mention epilepsy. It provided a lot of self worth during times when my neurologist was having me try several different combination of drugs to try to maintain a normal life, there were time where I contemplated suicide and if I didn't have my family I think I would have.

I've experienced depression both with family members and myself as well both of which committed suicide. I'm still battling it myself since I was diagnosed with epilepsy. I have my good days and my bad and the medication I'm on helps prevents seizures but it also has it's fair share of side effects, depression, mood swings, weight gain and a lot of other things. The mindset of it's just a game is an interesting one, it's actually his families livelyhood something very important in his life, where he goes from here will be interesting, I wish him the best.

I spent 15 years straight out of school working in a warehouse for the same company before I was made redundant, I've been struggling to find a job for quite sometime now and Covid has made it no easier, a lot of employers get turned off when they ask about health conditions and I mention epilepsy. It provided a lot of self worth during times when my neurologist was having me try several different combination of drugs to try to maintain a normal life, there were time where I contemplated suicide and if I didn't have my family I think I would have.
Well good onya mate for hanging in there. Let's face it if you survived the 2020 Broncos and all the attendant shit thrown at us by the NRL I'd say your resilience has pretty much won the day. Hope you find work soon and stay on top of the epilepsy too. Your contributions to the boards are always welcome.

Thanks Darius, you tried your heart out all year long and did a good job to boot. We had no luck this year and the refs caned us all year but you never gave a **** about actually showing real leadership as you were too busy dealing with self-preservation. Adios you self-absorbed money grabbing prick.

All the best for the future. You were seriously joking about wanting to coach though....weren't you?
I could not have said it any better even if I was writing it myself.

Gender reveals are for bogans.

Darryb bringing the club into disrepute even in retirement.
We did a gender reveal at 20 weeks for my first son and 4 weeks later he was born, we didn’t have an opportunity to do any of the standard pre-baby celebrations so we look back on that day fondly.

We did a gender reveal at 20 weeks for my first son and 4 weeks later he was born, we didn’t have an opportunity to do any of the standard pre-baby celebrations so we look back on that day fondly.
Genuine question, not shit stirring, place yourself in Boyd's shoes last night, would you and your wife have chosen that occasion to do the gender reveal given the surrounding circumstances?

Genuine question, not shit stirring, place yourself in Boyd's shoes last night, would you and your wife have chosen that occasion to do the gender reveal given the surrounding circumstances?
Impossible to say sorry.
Third daughter tho, the bloke can’t take a trick at the moment.

Boyd's gender reveal hasn't gone down well according to nine news.

Got a lot of respect for you mate, you are far stronger than you might realize just for the fact you had the courage to post this.
Don't ever give up bud.
If you can get through 2020 with the whole covid thing, and the Broncos getting the spoon, you can get through anything.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Justwin
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • cento
  • Broncosgirl
  • Ronald
  • Jedhead
  • HVbronco
  • Foordy
  • Aldo
  • Fitzy
  • Strop
  • Johnny92
  • BroncosAlways
  • Mustafur
  • armchair
  • mrtij
  • broncoscope
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.