PLAYER Darius Boyd Discussion

It’s a fucking awful look. I understand that it is exciting for the Boyd’s but we just got our first wooden spoon ever and the club couldn’t be in a worse position, and they choose to celebrate like this on the field? Further to this the planning that went into this on a week where every single member of the squad should have been doing everything possible to try and avoid this lasting shame and stain on our club is shattering as a fan.

I dunno, maybe Darius wasn't actually keen to go ahead with the stunt (sound of whip cracking in the background). I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that his obnoxious, narcissistic wife was the one who came up with the idea in an effort to boost her Instagram followers. Maybe now Darius has retired she might have to get off social media and go get a real job to keep up her glamorous, 'perfect' lifestyle.

Last edited:
I dunno, maybe Darius wasn't actually keen to go ahead with the stunt (sound of whip cracking in the background). I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that his obnoxious, narcissistic wife was the one who came up with the idea in an effort to boost her Instagram followers. Maybe now Darius has retired she might have to get off social media and go get a real job to keep up her glamorous lifestyle.

If I had a wife that looked like her, maybe that wouldn't be so bad 😛

Untitled

Would have been much better in my opinion to have something like this occur today at Red Hill behind closed doors while the team are having a few drinks together to drown their many sorrows. But no, Kayla really had to make it all about her.

Last edited:
I don’t particularly care. People would hate on him no matter what he did and a high morale is better for the club than the players being depressed and hating each other

Can't speak for everyone, but I would be quite pleased with the entire playing group being depressed after losing 11 straight games and getting the first spoon in the club's history.

It really highlights the mentality of this playing group though, the fact they're so unaffected by blowout losses at this point that they can brush them aside and move on with their lives within 60 seconds of fulltime.

A cleanout of the highest magnitude is a necessity at this point.

Can't speak for everyone, but I would be quite pleased with the entire playing group being depressed after losing 11 straight games and getting the first spoon in the club's history.

It really highlights the mentality of this playing group though, the fact they're so unaffected by blowout losses at this point that they can brush them aside and move on with their lives within 60 seconds of fulltime.

A cleanout of the highest magnitude is a necessity at this point.
I don’t disagree with your last point at all.

Did you see Alex Glenn’s video this morning? They are saddened (not depressed, I dare say a few of the posters on here don’t understand what it feels like to be depressed, hence the misunderstanding over Boyd’s “just a game” comments). Do you know how some people deal with their sadness? By distracting themselves with something happy. This is just that. Boyd attempting to lift morale.

This is just that. Boyd attempting to lift morale.

He could have also done that by putting in a bit more effort defensively in the last 24 months, but to each their own. I suppose a gender reveal is a lot easier on the body.

I think I've lost the plot somewhere through this **** of a covid season. You see I thought last night's game had so much riding on it. Win at all costs to avoid the spoon and send the much loved (apparently) Darbs out a winner. It was also against the bastards who caused us so much pain back in 2015. I thought the intensity of every tackle, every carry would reflect how serious the game was. i thought no matter what the ref throws at us we'll be so single minded in winning this one game that it wont matter.

As I said, I've obviously lost the plot as the only guy that looked like he meant business was Staggs. The first couple of his tackles were seriously brutal. I thought Riki followed suite and Deardon had one of his better games despite getting whacked everytime he did his clearing kick (Where is his protection you slack arse morons?).

In all honesty maybe 4 or 5 of the 17 who suited up last night came to play, the rest wouldn't know serious commitment even if it held them down and slapped them in the face. I'm so glad Kevvie was at the game last night as I'm sure he took note of who couldn't be arsed to save the club from this final embarrassment of the season.

Lexie tried putting on a hit to dislodge the ball and seriously stuffed his shoulder. Mate do yourself a favour and call it a day, dont linger any longer. Awfulhengue gave us another fine exhibition of comfy football and Te'o failed to come out of the sheds to take the field. If he did I must have missed him.

Corey Oates sold the jerseys yet again. How can somebody be so dumb with only one brain? It's like he's never played wing before in defence. Paix I thought looked promising.... at the start of the season. Last night though he was like tits on a bull or an ashtray on a motorbike. He was a shell of when he first came into first grade.

Coates is becoming more of a worry too. last week I said I had concerns his confidence was being eroded. Last night confirmed that.

So that was the season from hell over thank ****. I just hope whoever takes over ensures our strength and conditioning team and the medical guys all get told to pack up and **** off and I hope this next pre-season is the hardest, snot-filled, vomit inducing, gut busting workout these guys have ever had to experience because last night's shitshow made it quite evident that playing for the Broncos at present means - near enough is good enough. That has to stop now.

Last edited:
Interesting that the two people chairing him off, caps off the 3 most under pressure!!

I don’t disagree with your last point at all.

Did you see Alex Glenn’s video this morning? They are saddened (not depressed, I dare say a few of the posters on here don’t understand what it feels like to be depressed, hence the misunderstanding over Boyd’s “just a game” comments). Do you know how some people deal with their sadness? By distracting themselves with something happy. This is just that. Boyd attempting to lift morale.
Alex Glenn’s video this morning was pathetic and a copout
Blaming covid and spending time away from people boo fucking who
The rest of the comp has done it and seem the be getting on with it. As far as I’m concerned I would be over the moon if we released him tomorrow and he was never seen in broncos colours again
The useless prick couldn’t even front up in the final press conference to apologise for their performance for not only last night but all year

you're letting your bias and emotion at the seasons results influence your arguments and feelings here ... i'm not

the fact is Boyd should have retired 12 months ago at a bare minimum. maybe even at the end of 2018 when Bennett left. but that doesn't mean that he shouldn't celebrate the the impending birth of his daughter with his mates at a place that he has called home for the last 5 years.

by that time many of the fans had left the stadium ... they wouldn't have know what was going on anyway ... I certainly didn't until this morning.

you made it sound like they were acting like this in response to winning the wooden spoon ... and we both know that's not true since we both have a courier mail subscription and can read their articles
Mate I have to say I am against you here, the timing was impecabbly wrong. They could have planned to do the same thing this morning when they all got together to have a drink and commiserate, so he is celebrating with all of mates but out of the public eye. I have not been strongly anti-Boyd here, but to me this stunt smacked of selfishness and him making it all about him and his family whilst showing disrespect to the fans of his club.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Foordy
  • Strop
  • Skathen
  • Santa
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Scorchie
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.