Darius Boyd told he won’t play round one, Jack Bird cut loose in Broncos upheaval

Boyd has been fairly ordinary all year, but I do actually think Bennett has a bit of a point. Everyone is so focused on what Boyd isn't doing it's deflecting the attention from a lot of other failings we have.

Boyd has been fairly ordinary all year, but I do actually think Bennett has a bit of a point. Everyone is so focused on what Boyd isn't doing it's deflecting the attention from a lot of other failings we have.

Fairly ordinary is one way of putting it...

I disagree though, I think everyone has copped it and rightfully so. Boyd, Mccullough, Milford, Gillett, Oates, Seibold, Ben Cross, White + the back office. Boyd being captain and having one of the worst seasons of NRL you're ever likely to see is going to attract plenty of criticism.

Last edited:
Fairly ordinary is one way of putting it...

I disagree though, I think everyone has copped it and rightfully so. Boyd, Mccullough, Milford, Gillett, Oates, Seibold, Ben Cross, White + the back office. Boyd being captain and having one of the worst seasons of NRL you're ever likely to see is going to attract plenty of criticism.

Boyd has been the focus far, far more than anyone else. I think Seibold, he coaches and the Board have got off very lightly for most of the year.

I didn't interpret the correlation: merely pointed to it, and noted that it was a divergence from the underlying market sentiment. It's a pretty dramatic divergence, and that's not reflected in the preceding year.

Rubbish. It is reflected in the previous years. You are full of shit. You tried to portray this as somehow being linked to Bennett leaving and the reality is it had NOTHING to do with that whatsoever, but rather a long term business trend -> downwards.

The ONLY conclusions that can be drawn are that Broncos business is trending downwards and that this has happened under Bennett AND has continued under Seibold.

The conclusions that can be drawn are that fans are refusing to put money into what the Broncos have offered over multiple years and that your agenda is as plain as day.

Rubbish. It is reflected in the previous years. You are full of shit. You tried to portray this as somehow being linked to Bennett leaving and the reality is it had NOTHING to do with that whatsoever, but rather a long term business trend -> downwards.

The ONLY conclusions that can be drawn are that Broncos business is trending downwards and that this has happened under Bennett AND has continued under Seibold.

The conclusions that can be drawn are that fans are refusing to put money into what the Broncos have offered over multiple years and that your agenda is as plain as day.
I think you're confusing correlation and causation. Also, the first year of that two year chart is basically noise. It's the second year that clearly diverges. And it really diverges.

If you were of the school that believes the market movements are related to the coach, then you would be dissappointed to see switching coach did not reverse the downward trend.

Now looking at the five year chart, again pay attention to the market index and to the clear upward trend during the prime Bennett comeback years: 2015-2017.

Not surprising 2018 was a volatile, ultimately downtrending year. You couldn't really call it a "Bennett year" could you, given the press?

I'm interested to hear what my agenda is. Sounds amusing.

Last edited:
Are you saying a gun fullback is more important to us than a gun half mate? Not sure about that.
I think a spine of Holmes, Milford, Dearden, Turpin is far better than a spine of ???, Milford, Sezer, Turpin which is also better than Milford, Dearden, Sezer, Turpin.

I think people are forgetting how much better things looked with Milford and Dearden as partners in the few games they had. A full pre season and I think they would be a decent halves pairing. In an ideal world we would get Townsend / Sezer and a fullback. But if I had to pick one spot, it would be fullback for now. Especially if Bird is leaving.

Boyd has been the focus far, far more than anyone else. I think Seibold, he coaches and the Board have got off very lightly for most of the year.
Of course he has been the focus. He's been the worst. By a lot. This is compounded by the fact he is on $800k and is the captain. He's the most experienced player in the team and is regularly the worst of the 17. Gillett has been poor, so has Macca, but at least they have tried. For the majority of the season it looked as though Boyd was on drugs. He was so disoriented and useless he would literally fall over for no reason.

Ikin was sayng that we should offer Fifita to the Sharks so they would release Townsend to us ... lol
This is why not only does Ben Ikin have no ties to any NRL club at all, but he is also the worst fox sports presenter they have. The bloke is a turd. Paul kent is a flog but at least he makes some valid points. Ikin just says stupid stuff like it's fact.

If we signed Chad Townsend, I'd be incredibly happy about that.

I rate him highly. Great kicking game, has high game management skills, has a great footy mind and will provide some leadership.
Bring out the big guns to get this done. Lockyer, Langer, Stefan.

After all the noise the media are making I have come to the conclusion they know nothing. Its all speculation. There is like three versions of each story.

Boyd and Macca told they can go
Boyd and Macca told they are not in the day one team
Boyd and Macca told they must shape up or play grade

Boyd not captain
Boyd is still captain
Boyd to front board for final call on him being captain.

Macca Boyd Gillette Oats Milf given marching orders
Given their last warning

It can go on and on. I actually believe what Reedy said on 360. Seibold will front the board Friday with his plan. They have to agree.

There you have confirmation of the board interference all year. They have a say on who is captain and who is being let go, moved on ect. If they don't give complete control to Seibs we will be in for another year of players being forced into a side on how much the club is paying instead of form.

Its impossible to know what has happened because nothing has happened until Seibs fronts the board with his plan. So here is hoping we know somthing solid soon. I don't want a long offseason waiting to find out what the **** is going on.

I hope I'm wrong, but Bird told to look elsewhere so that Darius loses captaincy and can move from 6 to 4 looks a possibility.

If the Broncos have let go Bird to facilitate Boyd there will be pitchforks outside Red Hill round 1.

Lads I'm sorry to sound like a broken record, but I just can't believe the possibility of getting Cronk up here for a year isn't gaining more traction. Theres no contract with another club to worry about, he's still the best halfback in the game and he's the no nonsense sort of bloke we need here.

After 12 months, Dearden is possibly ready to take over, but if not, we would likely have a ton of cash to throw at anyone with Boyd, and quite possibly Macca, completely off our books in 2021.

Yeh he's said he's retiring, but what's the harm in making a discreet enquiry to his management to gauge if there's any interest?

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Aldo
  • Foordy
  • Allo
  • Dash
  • Fitzy
  • Culhwch
  • Strop
  • Fozz
  • Morkel
  • winslow_wong
  • theshed
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • broncos4life
  • Tim K
  • Lurker
  • HarryAllan7
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.