NEWS Darius Boyd: Why I won’t be surrendering Broncos captaincy or No.1 jersey

I've honestly been happy with my form in the first 4 weeks. ....I take it our media manager couldn't edit this?

This article is a fucking joke. How could he say he's been happy with his form? He honestly would not get a run at fullback at any of the other 15 clubs based on his form for the past 2 years. He probably wouldn't even make Qcup to be honest. He's a lazy piece of shit and the worst captain we have ever had.

Honestly, if he is still playing fullback come end of season and plans to play next year, i'm not renewing my membership. Been a season member almost 20 years but i've been falling out of love with this club slowly but surely since we let Shaun Berrigan go and all the news came out about how we screwed over Karmichael Hunt etc. Then with Lockyer, Corey Parker and Hodges retiring, there really aren't many players that I genuinely like. Just a bunch of kids who think they are the next big thing.

Gordon Tallis was 100% correct in everything he said (except walters being coach). Broncos have lost their way and we are a million miles away from a premiership so long as we have Nikorima and Boyd as part of our spine.

When he comes out with that, If anything he’s now shining the torch on himself brighter.

Given he’s not injured, the only upside to this is, is that he can’t hide anymore. He’s now put extra pressure and media attention on himself to deliver.

Honestly, if he is still playing fullback come end of season and plans to play next year, i'm not renewing my membership. Been a season member almost 20 years but i've been falling out of love with this club slowly but surely since we let Shaun Berrigan go and all the news came out about how we screwed over Karmichael Hunt etc. Then with Lockyer, Corey Parker and Hodges retiring, there really aren't many players that I genuinely like. Just a bunch of kids who think they are the next big thing.

Gordon Tallis was 100% correct in everything he said (except walters being coach). Broncos have lost their way and we are a million miles away from a premiership so long as we have Nikorima and Boyd as part of our spine.

Cough cough add Macca to that list

Cough cough add Macca to that list
The only reason Macca isn't on that list is because he is one of the few Broncos players who constantly gives 100%. I agree his form has really slipped since his injuries, i definitely think it would be better having him play 50-60 minutes and Nikorima come on with some impact.

But that's my big issue. You look at the old Broncos teams and majority of the players actually appeared to give 100%. Like look at our 2006 team. Lockyer, K Hunt, Hodges, Berrigan, Webcke, Petro, Carrol, Tate, Parker, Thaiday(tried back then), Thorn, Carlaw, Stagg. All of those players gave 100% every game they played. Yes some of them had some bad games or whatever, which is only natural, but they all tried.

If you look at our team now i mean honestly there is probably only 2 players who i feel like have actually given 100% for every game the past 2 years and that is probably Glenn and Macca. As much shit as Milford has been getting lately, he is the one in our spine who's actually trying. We have some sets in the opposition 20 where Nikorima and Boyd don't even touch the ball... I'm just sick of it to be honest.

That's why I was so excited about seibold. Basically every interview he has ever done at souths or while he has been with us has been about being big on the effort areas, so i thought there would be a big turn around there and players would actually be putting in 100% more often than not. But if anything, the effort has been even worse this year. The only game it seems people put any effort in to was against the Cowboys, and to be completely honest I think that all just came from the energy TPJ had that night. It didn't come from our captain thats for sure.

I'd bite the bullett as seibold and make someone like Milford or Bird captain because I really think it would make them step up more and they would thrive on it. Honestly it can't be worse than Boyd.

Cya mate!

Cya mate!
The Broncos should be shaking in their boots about a new Brisbane team. 5 years ago I was certain the team would fail, but honestly the way things have been going I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of fans do jump ship. The broncos history is all but lost now.

The Broncos should be shaking in their boots about a new Brisbane team. 5 years ago I was certain the team would fail, but honestly the way things have been going I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of fans do jump ship. The broncos history is all but lost now.

You are probably right, we have always had a lot of fair weather, spineless fans.

This won't be a popular post but to be fair to Boyd, apart from what, 3 defensive lapses, his form hasn't been that bad. Take the two dummies he tried to interecept or completely avoid tackling and the one where he just watched out of the equation and it's a different story

You are probably right, we have always had a lot of fair weather, spineless fans.
I said the same thing about all the people on the gold coast who jumped ship to support the titans when they started (I also live on gold coast / was born on gold coast). But that was in 2007 when Brisbane was still a powerhouse. They simply aren't anymore. In the past decade they have missed the finals twice and only made the top 4 three times. They also don't really have any amazing players anymore. Do we have a player in our team in the top 10 in the NRL? I'd say no. Do we have a player in the top 20 in the NRL? Maybe on a good day?

It's just not the same club anymore. Yes theres salary cap etc. But the Storm, Roosters and even Manly have all been able to continuously have at least 1 top 10 - 20 player in their team. The storm have lost two greats of the game in two seasons and have potentially another great of the game in cameron munster. Our last true great was lockyer and we haven't been able to find anyone with even half his skill set in 8 years.

This won't be a popular post but to be fair to Boyd, apart from what, 3 defensive lapses, his form hasn't been that bad. Take the two dummies he tried to interecept or completely avoid tackling and the one where he just watched out of the equation and it's a different story
Disagree, he's never there in support. Yes those couple mistakes have been the big flags, but even without them he hasn't been good. Watch any other NRL team's fullback and how much they move around and compare that to Boyd. It's night and day.

I said the same thing about all the people on the gold coast who jumped ship to support the titans when they started (I also live on gold coast / was born on gold coast). But that was in 2007 when Brisbane was still a powerhouse. They simply aren't anymore. In the past decade they have missed the finals twice and only made the top 4 three times. They also don't really have any amazing players anymore. Do we have a player in our team in the top 10 in the NRL? I'd say no. Do we have a player in the top 20 in the NRL? Maybe on a good day?

It's just not the same club anymore. Yes theres salary cap etc. But the Storm, Roosters and even Manly have all been able to continuously have at least 1 top 10 - 20 player in their team. The storm have lost two greats of the game in two seasons and have potentially another great of the game in cameron munster. Our last true great was lockyer and we haven't been able to find anyone with even half his skill set in 8 years.

Yeah but your team is your team. Regardless if they are successful or whether some bitter old pieces of shit want to make themselves feel important by bagging them. A true fan supports they club if the are winning or whether they are getting back to back wooden spoons. Look at Newcastle, they have fans we could only dream of.

The fact of the matter is if you are even thinking about jumping off the team you are a pea heart and I’m not going to make you feel any better about that.

Last edited:
IMO you don't switch teams because you're disgruntled at the performance/management/players. Be upset sure, but switching teams is shitty. Once you pick a team you stick
Yeah but your team is your team. Regardless if they are successful or whether some bitter old pieces of shit want to make themselves feel important by bagging them. A true fan supports they club if the are winning or whether they are getting back to back wooden spoons. Look at Newcastle, they have fans we could only dream of.

The fact of the matter is if you are even thinking about jumping off the team you are a pea heart and I’m not going to make you feel any better about that.
Agreed, that's the highs and lows of being a fan.

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • bert_lifts
  • Skathen
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncoFan94
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Sproj
  • Battler
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.