NEWS Darius Boyd: Why I won’t be surrendering Broncos captaincy or No.1 jersey

ohsiondzjbx21.jpg

Someone has been sticking these up around the city lol

ohsiondzjbx21.jpg

Someone has been sticking these up around the city lol

That's hilarious!

Credit to Boyd but last night he was fantastic. He still made 1 or 2 errors bit his effort was top notch. He led by example and the boys fed off it. That's what we need from him each week.

I was really happy for him when he scored that try too, even though I spend half my time on here whinging about him. Good on ya Boyd!

I'd like to acknowledge Boyd's effort last night. Made a couple of mistakes, but that's par for the course, and was otherwise very good in all areas I demand from a captain!

Credit where and when it's due.

Does anyone else think it's possible that these articles from Boyd were just a way to control what the media were saying?

That perhaps he knew that his form wasn't up to the standard expected and was simply saying these things because he knew it would take the attention off the rest of the squad because the media would have been too busy blasting him?

It's something I've been thinking in the past couple of weeks. Surely he knows his efforts in the past couple of weeks are what's needed from him.

He's been under Bennett for 99% of his career and Bennett was always a master manipulator who was very good at controlling the narrative and taking the attention away from his squad.

Does anyone else think it's possible that these articles from Boyd were just a way to control what the media were saying?

That perhaps he knew that his form wasn't up to the standard expected and was simply saying these things because he knew it would take the attention off the rest of the squad because the media would have been too busy blasting him?

It's something I've been thinking in the past couple of weeks. Surely he knows his efforts in the past couple of weeks are what's needed from him.

He's been under Bennett for 99% of his career and Bennett was always a master manipulator who was very good at controlling the narrative and taking the attention away from his squad.

Is taking pressure away from players still a good tactic? You don't see it at the Roosters, and you definitely don't see it in Melbourne, Bellamy blasts them for the smallest things.

Is taking pressure away from players still a good tactic? You don't see it at the Roosters, and you definitely don't see it in Melbourne, Bellamy blasts them for the smallest things.

Not everyone responds the same way. Some players respond differently. I don't think those sides also have as many young and inexperienced players as we do, players that aren't used to being hammered in the media every day.

Corey Oates made a comment on League Life last year that all of the media noise got to the playing group. Perhaps Boyd recognized this.

Or perhaps he was genuinely happy with his form and how he was playing and wasn't actually trying to take attention off the players. Just a thought.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Big Del
  • Santa
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Aldo
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Fozz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Manifesto
  • Galah
  • lynx000
  • theshed
  • Sproj
  • Tim K
  • Bish
  • Cavalo
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.