NEWS Darius Boyd will take a $300,000 pay cut if he sees out his Broncos contract

glad to see the coach back his Captain; well...it should be a no brainer really but anyway...

also, on a related/non related topic depending on your POV, i notice Valentine Holmes didn't make the cut with the Jets...

23cda0ee0819fef84212127ad468a636.jpg

glad to see the coach back his Captain; well...it should be a no brainer really but anyway...

also, on a related/non related topic depending on your POV, i notice Valentine Holmes didn't make the cut with the Jets...
He's not coming back. He's in the practice squad which he needs and will make a 53 man team next year.

Just watch League life on Fax where Seibs is grilled by four of the Fox women. Interestingly, when one of them asked if he thought the Broncos could win a GF with Boyd playing 5/8 he immediately brushed the question and answered with the old Fifita loves Darius out there telling him what to do line.

Now if I'm a coach and I'm certain that I can win a GF with Boyd at 5/8 I'd be quite happy to answer her question and explain the reasoning behind it. So even when you don't answer a question you do give away important information as to your mindset.

Just watch League life on Fax where Seibs is grilled by four of the Fox women. Interestingly, when one of them asked if he thought the Broncos could win a GF with Boyd playing 5/8 he immediately brushed the question and answered with the old Fifita loves Darius out there telling him what to do line.

Now if I'm a coach and I'm certain that I can win a GF with Boyd at 5/8 I'd be quite happy to answer her question and explain the reasoning behind it. So even when you don't answer a question you do give away important information as to your mindset.

Haven’t watched the segment yet but wouldn’t surprise me. Seibold isn’t that stupid which is what makes these baffling selections even more frustrating. It’s like he is handicapping the side he wants out on the park in favour of team harmony and club politics because he feels he is a chance of having more success with a 17 playing on effort rather than a better and more complete 17 who will probably take the piss if he upsets the apple cart.

The sooner the cancer in Boyd and Macca are gone is when we will finally make real inroads into the potential of this team. Seibold has a big job trying to manage this problem in the off season.

And at least the girls on League life have the balls to actually ask the tough Boyd questions that everyone else has been treading carefully around in the media. Kudos

Calling either of those bloke a cancer isn’t fucking on if you ask me
Haven’t watched the segment yet but wouldn’t surprise me. Seibold isn’t that stupid which is what makes these baffling selections even more frustrating. It’s like he is handicapping the side he wants out on the park in favour of team harmony and club politics because he feels he is a chance of having more success with a 17 playing on effort rather than a better and more complete 17 who will probably take the piss if he upsets the apple cart.

The sooner the cancer in Boyd and Macca are gone is when we will finally make real inroads into the potential of this team. Seibold has a big job trying to manage this problem in the off season.

And at least the girls on League life have the balls to actually ask the tough Boyd questions that everyone else has been treading carefully around in the media. Kudos

Calling either of those bloke a cancer isn’t fucking on if you ask me

Maybe not as clubmen or for the service they have provided over their careers....

But the current situation in the the club having to manage these 2’s playing careers when we actually have better and more in form options is cancerous for our team moving forward.

We will not be able to see the best of this team until they are either moved on or at least held accountable for when their form dips over a considerable period when there are players coming through that probably deserve a crack. We are having to play 3 fucking hookers in a 17 FFS just because Seibold/The Club do not want to leave McCullough out despite his 2 main competitors providing much more spark and creativity which this team clearly lacks.

And then you have Boyd who we finally had to move out of 1 because he was taking the piss, but instead of dropping him for even a game in QLD Cup to at least get him some confidence if anything, we decide to move our best option at 6 to keep Boyd in fucking first grade playing out of fucking position!
The only valid reason I can think that we haven’t moved him to centre yet is because the club is holding that last resort up their sleeve to pull out when the knives come out for him at 6.

Maybe toxic is a better word for it if you want to go down the PC route go for life but I’m calling the situation as I am currently witnessing it and cancerous is the first word that comes to mind to describe it

Maybe not as clubmen or for the service they have provided over their careers....

But the current situation in the the club having to manage these 2’s playing careers when we actually have better and more in form options is cancerous for our team moving forward.

We will not be able to see the best of this team until they are either moved on or at least held accountable for when their form dips over a considerable period when there are players coming through that probably deserve a crack. We are having to play 3 fucking hookers in a 17 FFS just because Seibold/The Club do not want to leave McCullough out despite his 2 main competitors providing much more spark and creativity which this team clearly lacks.

And then you have Boyd who we finally had to move out of 1 because he was taking the piss, but instead of dropping him for even a game in QLD Cup to at least get him some confidence if anything, we decide to move our best option at 6 to keep Boyd in fucking first grade playing out of fucking position!
The only valid reason I can think that we haven’t moved him to centre yet is because the club is holding that last resort up their sleeve to pull out when the knives come out for him at 6.

Maybe toxic is a better word for it if you want to go down the PC route go for life but I’m calling the situation as I am currently witnessing it and cancerous is the first word that comes to mind to describe it

Take that up with Seibold. He’s the one picking them. Calling them a cancer is fucked.

He doesn’t have to pick either, and he’s picking both.

They certainly arent cancer ( which is a stupid thing to compare them to ), and they arent toxic either, just look at how the other blokes speak about them. They are just players on the way down who should be dropped. Blame the coach.

Take that up with Seibold. He’s the one picking them. Calling them a cancer is fucked.

Them being guaranteed first grade is a cancerous situation in terms of trying to build success in this squad is more the point I’m trying to make. Probably a bad choice of words to make my point but I’m also not laying the blame solely at them remaining in first grade.

I know full well Seibold and The Board should be accountable if we start bumbling around the field again masquerading as a decent first grade team because of picking a misfit spine to appease the careers of 2 clubmen when we have better options.

Here is a better PC phrase for you. They are a virus holding the team back. Once we cure the virus we will see this team flourish.

Both of them are cancers though. Don't get me wrong, at this stage of the season it's waaaay too late to get rid of them outside the 17. They should have been dealt with 12 weeks ago, along with the other cancers.

Them being guaranteed first grade is a cancerous situation in terms of trying to build success in this squad is more the point I’m trying to make. Probably a bad choice of words to make my point but I’m also not laying the blame solely at them remaining in first grade.

I know full well Seibold and The Board should be accountable if we start bumbling around the field again masquerading as a decent first grade team because of picking a misfit spine to appease the careers of 2 clubmen when we have better options.

Here is a better PC phrase for you. They are a virus holding the team back. Once we cure the virus we will see this team flourish.

They will both be starting next year. Just deal with it. The club rates them, Wayne rated them and seibold rates them. It’s not like Turpin was keeping McCullough out of the 9 jersey other than a game (or two?) when Andrew was coming back from injury.

Both of them are cancers though. Don't get me wrong, at this stage of the season it's waaaay too late to get rid of them outside the 17. They should have been dealt with 12 weeks ago, along with the other cancers.

The thing I’ll agree with the others on though is I know I probably came across as putting the blame solely on the 2 players in question but it’s the entire situation from top to bottom that is pissing me off.

We will never find out the real story and what goes on behind closed doors. But the only reason why this has flared up again is because we were starting to look at least a bit more structured by having at least one people half in the side.

We have now reverted back to type because Turpin deserves coming straight back in based on his 2019 season as a whole and the coach doesn’t have the balls to drop Macca out of 9. And Segeyaro is as sure as shit a better spark and interchange option than Macca which is why the club haven’t put Turpin to 9 and Macca back to 14. Plus it would look like a demotion which might upset the political apple cart.

I was curious what would happen when we have all 3 hookers available again and already we have decided to take the team harmony option at the first given chance and with the finals around the corner. Not that I was expecting us to do anything but am disappointed we are probably going to handicap ourselves from putting the best team out there to win a game. Getting to the stage where injuries has given Seibold an excuse up until now to not have to manage the situation on a week to week basis.

I’m already looking forward to 2020 where hopefully a full off season and review opens some fucking eyes at board level

Some people just have no idea! If both macca and boyd were dropped at the beginning of this season, I can guarantee we wouldn't be in the 8. Experience is so underated.

They will both be starting next year. Just deal with it. The club rates them, Wayne rated them and seibold rates them. It’s not like Turpin was keeping McCullough out of the 9 jersey other than a game (or two?) when Andrew was coming back from injury.

You know what? I think you’ll find me as well as most fans could and would deal with it, provided no one else was pushing them for their spots and provided both of them actually contribute to the team at a semi respectable level.

Are you honestly saying that you would sit idly by and deal with them both starting every single game next year without concern if Turpin and Segeyaro were both playing out of their skin with Macca just plodding away and not providing anything to our attack? As well as Boyd taking up a critical spot in the spine/halves if he was to play like he has for 95% of 2019 when we have 2 decent looking young halves plus Milford and if they were all continually outplaying him?

Get your hand off it

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Mustafur
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.