Darius Boyd

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
I am afraid made a knob of himself again today in a press conference by not answering questions, he got hammered on the back page about it.

Meh He said he didn't want to do the inerview but the Dragons made him do it.. No big deal Bennett did the same thing many many times.

Beads6 said:
Meh He said he didn't want to do the inerview but the Dragons made him do it.. No big deal Bennett did the same thing many many times.

And his lack of respect for the sporting media is rubbing off on his players.

Maybe if the media deserved respect they'd get it.

Fozz said:

No that's what Wayne has never understood. The media is basically the only way the fans of the sport can connect with the players. It's an essential marketing and promotional tool. By refusing interviews, or giving one word answers, or encouraging/condoning his players to do so, he is disrespecting rugby league and its supporters.

Apparently WB went and apologised to the journos after Boyd walked off

lynx000 said:
Apparently WB went and apologised to the journos after Boyd walked off

Good on him and so he should. I hope he gives Boyd the traditional dad talk of "do as i say not as i do".

Beads6 said:

I understand he didn't want to do the interview but it is a part of the game. Way too sour. He could have tried a LITTLE bit harder than that.

Coxy said:
Fozz said:

No that's what Wayne has never understood. The media is basically the only way the fans of the sport can connect with the players. It's an essential marketing and promotional tool. By refusing interviews, or giving one word answers, or encouraging/condoning his players to do so, he is disrespecting rugby league and its supporters.

Good call. It was a pretty petulant display.

I will back Boyd. What right does (most of) the media have to demand a fair go from rugby league after the way they have generally sold copy by pissing all over the game all year? Genuine stories a la Greg Bird are one thing, the Matt Johns type mud slinging is another. If I were a player I would tell them to go **** themselves.

And you would be telling the fans to go **** themselves too.

I am a fan and I wouldn't see it that way... hang on... I don't see it that way.

If I were a Dragons fan I'd be disappointed. I'd want to hear a bit about the game on Friday night, and my team's preparations, particularly coming off a loss and up against his former club.

He looked like a douchebag, end of story.

I can see your point Coxy. However the players don't see the fans when they are being interviewed just the guys who have been writing dribble over the last few years. If Boyd was being curt because of his opinion about them then the media has to take some of the blame for that.

Agreed. But it's not up to the players to make that judgement. Do the job, and tell them they're a bunch of ***** off camera.

Yeah, that would have been the better option.

LOLZ, of course, maybe a little bit more delicately...but yes, give the public what they deserve, but still make your feelings known about how individuals in the group cover the game.

Either way he's going to get censured by the NRL for petulance toward the media. See that's the thing, there's nobody out there ensuring the media conduct themselves fairly. But the players and coaches get fined. Not really fair.

I'd love it for the NRL to revoke accreditation for media organisations who have staff who have perpetuated negative coverage of the game. Unfortunately that'd mean revoking accreditation for the Daily Shitograph, which is owned by the 50% owners of the NRL......

Have any of you ever had a conversation with Boyd? He always talks like that to whoever, not just the media. Dragons should probably have put more thought into who they got to front the media in the first place. Because yep both him and the club look bad after that.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Big Del
  • broncos4life
  • marw
  • FACTHUNT
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Johnny92
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Broncosarethebest
  • heartly87
  • ChewThePhatt
  • mitch222
  • Mustafur
  • Kev_Guz
  • Astro
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.