DARREN LOCKYER QUITS

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Darren Lockyer retires
By Karl deKroo
April 01, 2009
Darren Lockyer has today stunned the rugby league world by announcing his immediate retuirement from the sport.

Just days after engineering the Broncos’ remarkable victory against the Vodafone Warriors, Lockyer’s manager George Mimis, told a pack of shocked reporters that Lockyer had decided to retire, effective immediately.

Mimis read from a prepared statement. “Darren has come to realise that there are more important things in life than rugby league. He thanks his fans for their loyal support and has asked for a period of privacy.â€Â

Mimis did not answer questions from the reporters except to say he was as surprised at Lockyer’s decision as everyone else.

The Broncos’ CEO, Bruno Cullen, will release a statement this afternoon.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,252724622659-23214,00.html

Fkn unreal! Has there been a darker day for the club?

I am shattered. [icon_non

****! This is absolutely devastating!

Broncos won't make the finals now! :(

The Rock said:
I thought it was an April fools joke until I clicked on the article! Absolutely unbelievable. [icon_frown

bleh it's after 12 anyway.

Anyone know why he would just walk away???

Takes me back to Alf's first retirement in '99. Absolutely devestating.

Holy s**t. Last year, maybe. But he really looks like he's enjoying himself this year.

From the rest of the article, the part you didn't post, I'd say there's some issues between him and Henjak eusa_think

So much for him telling us he was never going to make me cry.

I know Nashy, I thought he was never gonna give you up.

Nashy said:
He said he'd never desert us :cry:

Come on now Nashy, you know the rules and so do i.

DARREN LOCKYER QUITS

Postby gUt on April 1st, 2009, 1:53 pm

Traditionally, in some countries, the jokes only last until noon: like UK, Australia, New Zealand and Canada, someone who plays a trick after noon is called an "April Fool".

Idiot

and yes im well aware im ruining the "joke" but ffs, post 2 hours earlier and u dont look like a complete jackass

Die.

*edit* not you Queenslander, I meant gUt

QUEENSLANDER said:
DARREN LOCKYER QUITS

Postby gUt on April 1st, 2009, 1:53 pm

[quote:9bqzg9g8]Traditionally, in some countries, the jokes only last until noon: like UK, Australia, New Zealand and Canada, someone who plays a trick after noon is called an "April Fool".

Idiot

and yes im well aware im ruining the "joke" but ffs, post 2 hours earlier and u dont look like a complete jackass[/quote:9bqzg9g8]

Having a bad day cupcake?

nah im having a pretty good day actually, but i mean, theres only 1 rule to follow on april fools day, and u couldnt even manage that lol.

is this your first time using a clock?

QUEENSLANDER said:
nah im having a pretty good day actually, but i mean, theres only 1 rule to follow on april fools day, and u couldnt even manage that lol.

is this your first time using a clock?

I am sensing a lot of hostility here. I hope whatever is bothering you clears up soon and you can become happy again.

you're right. i havent been totally honest with you. for that i am sorry. i have a crippling condition called Ihatestupidpeopleitis. I dont like to let people like yourself reap enjoyment from something which is incorrect

on a side note, for someone "sensing a lot of hostility", it seems ironic that you would PM me using quite questionable language ;)

btw, this is fun, keep going

To QUEENSLANDER:
passafire1.jpg

k thx!

I am sorry the article about Lockyer quitting has upset one of the cooler members of the board. I hope we can work as a community to put his shattered life back together.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.