Darren Lockyer

It’s crazy to watch that and look back on how good he was and how much you respected him. All the referees these days seem like massive nerds.
I think the current referees do about as well as they can given the overload of instruction and direction they’re given before and during games..
Even having Bill Harrigan back as referees’ boss and giving him full control of the way referees officiate would be great

smug GIF
Good call mate

Lol Locky is never becoming an Immortal. In actual fact none of us will live long enough to see a lifetime Bronco join the list.

The moment A. Johns was rushed in proved beyond doubt the whole concept is owned by RL politics, and the NSWRL own that scene in kind. What I would give to see the QRL grow a spine worthy of the name.

Locky will be the next one. And then there'll be a triple selection of Slater/Smith/Cronk after that.

Lol Locky is never becoming an Immortal. In actual fact none of us will live long enough to see a lifetime Bronco join the list.

The moment A. Johns was rushed in proved beyond doubt the whole concept is owned by RL politics, and the NSWRL own that scene in kind. What I would give to see the QRL grow a spine worthy of the name.

RLW owned it when Johns was inducted,

Everytime Ron Coote's name would come up, one of the first things that would come to mind is whether he was an Immortal. He certainly belongs in that initial company and this feels like righting a wrong.

Otherwise, I've shared my opinion before - I find the whole concept trite. When the immortal concept was introduced it was in lieu of a Hall of Fame. Now that a Hall of Fame has been established, we don't need a higher tier, otherwise it takes the focus off the inductees.

Still, I'm glad they're at least recognising the past and preserving the game's legacy. Too often with sport we're worried about the next superstar and there's a real 'what have you done for me' lately mentality. I'm happy there's room to celebrate these achievements and help educate younger fans on the history of the game.

I like that it was Coote, I rarely say this but...well done NRL.

Yeah, it had to be done. They steadied the ship somewhat last time after the debacle of Johns...although I still have questions over Mal. With the inclusion of Coote this time, I think you can safely close the door on that era. As someone mentioned earlier, now you look at the 80's-90's eras.

Yeah, it had to be done. They steadied the ship somewhat last time after the debacle of Johns...although I still have questions over Mal. With the inclusion of Coote this time, I think you can safely close the door on that era. As someone mentioned earlier, now you look at the 80's-90's eras.
I wish they would just be structured and consistent with it.

When they're doing the next immortal say specifically that we're looking at this era only... leaving it open to all eras all the time and not definitively saying we're done with that era just has them jumping all over the shop.

It goes from guys in the 70's and 80's to Druggie Johns, back to pre-war, up to Mal, back to dragons in the 60's and now Coote.... like have some fucking structure and criteria about the fucking thing.

They'll be talking about Sterlo and Kenny next time... who have been eligible basically since the start of the concept... so why have they been overlooked constantly.

I like that it was Coote, I rarely say this but...well done NRL.
100% I only saw Coote when he played at Rorters but what a great player he was in that era.

Smith probably next.
Then Cleary before he retires

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Allo
  • Foordy
  • cento
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.