OFFICIAL Dave Donaghy Named New Broncos CEO

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
Agree. At my kid's footy Gala Day last year, where all the teams from the region go and play up to 5 games against each other, they all got called up at the end for some freebies. It included a fruit drink and a Titans poster. This was firmly in Brisbane territory, none of the teams were anywhere near the coast or one of their regions.

The conspiracy theorist in me wanted to believe it was the NRL's doing, as it was a PlayNRL showcase event, however I'm just as likely to believe that the Titans have been going hard in their marketing while the Broncos have fallen asleep in their boardroom.
GoodOldGil

Come on, throw Old Gill White a bone here???

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Does anyone know where Paul White ended up apart from the Olympic bid? I want to sit back and watch him burn his next gig to the ground.

I don't think there will be any info until the bid is officially awarded by the IOC. I think White said he wasn't interested or hadn't been approached in a radio interview.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
I don't think there will be any info until the bid is officially awarded by the IOC. I think White said he wasn't interested or hadn't been approached in a radio interview.
But he's already taking advice on our athletes just in case from a former college and he reckons Kate Campbell is definitely more suited to being a weight lifter than a swimmer.

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
Unless they're complete fucking idiots then it's almost certainly because he wasn't approached,

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
I would say this once again though: It's the Olympics, and if anyone on Earth is qualified to run a prestigious Brisbane based operation that runs horrendously over budget and delivers an absolutely awful overall result and an even worse return on investment then Paul White should be a complete and utter no brainer.

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
It was interesting to see on the weekend that the only two clubs that didn’t use their own sponsorship background for the post game presser were the Knights & the Broncos. It’s a very small thing but I think it says a bit about the professionalism of the club atm, things are being missed.
It was an away game? Only Cowboys backgrounds permitted in those?

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Who was responsible for pinching DD from the Storm?

That was a huge coup if he lives up to even half the hype that preceding him. Whoever was behind that must be given some kudos.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
It was an away game? Only Cowboys backgrounds permitted in those?
not anymore it seems, all season most clubs have been bringing their own on away games. I think it's because fox have been broadcasting the pressers live, they are getting more exposure.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
That is comical

Our club doesn't pay attention to detail...they also don't pay attention to anything else either so it really does wonder what they actually do all day. Age of Empires 2? When that game was at its peak seems to be when we started to die as a club.

Also, any surprise Newcastle also suck at everything since one wooden spoon winning coach got there?

jd87

jd87

NRL Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Our club doesn't pay attention to detail...they also don't pay attention to anything else either so it really does wonder what they actually do all day. Age of Empires 2? When that game was at its peak seems to be when we started to die as a club.

Also, any surprise Newcastle also suck at everything since one wooden spoon winning coach got there?

disregarding everything else how bloody good was age of empires 2. **** i have fond memories playing that as a kid

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
disregarding everything else how bloody good was age of empires 2. **** i have fond memories playing that as a kid

'Darkness called...but I was in the shower. I tried to *69 darkness but he ignored me.'

'Wood please'

'oooooouuuuuuuuuuuoooooooo'

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
not anymore it seems, all season most clubs have been bringing their own on away games. I think it's because fox have been broadcasting the pressers live, they are getting more exposure.
Apparently it was only allowed from round 6 and we did have one in Darwin. So it was only last week we didn’t.

jd87

jd87

NRL Captain
Apr 4, 2014
'Darkness called...but I was in the shower. I tried to *69 darkness but he ignored me.'

'Wood please'

'oooooouuuuuuuuuuuoooooooo'
memory is hazy but isnt that first line from warcraft 3

Unread

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • Wolfie
  • Dexter
  • Allo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mister Wright
  • the_next
  • Brocko
  • Manofoneway
  • Santa
  • Howie
  • Painin the Haas
  • Stix
  • leon.bott
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.