OFFICIAL David Fifita signs with the Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
So P Kent thinks we need to be investigated if Andrew stays with us for salary cap infringements but he sits their and says the Roosters just have good salary cap management and with the team they have, apparently still have 500k unused. Not to mention them sitting around not a week ago saying that Morris boys would be playing there on essentially rookie contracts, say 200k max. The media is a joke.

As far as I am concerned the media are playing manipulation games. Every single time one of our players comes up for renewal there is apparent million dollar or big money offers from other clubs. Lodge and Turpin, TPJ, Fifitia, Stags and even Flegs. Total crap.. Compare our treatment with negotiations to say the Turbos. 360 were talking about a special financial treatment to keep home grown brothers in Manly. The NSWRL and the media will destroy this game with their NSW only mind set.

This story smells of BS, who called the media and let them in on any of this, Tallis ? lol. Nobody in their right mind from the Broncos would be on the horn to sat we have lost him.

Some rough contracts there too. Potentially one more year of Peachy and Cartwright. They'll be high paid Qld cup players next season (unless they can sell them).
The can move Peats on at least.

I reckon plenty of clubs would take Peachy.

He’s crazy if he doesn’t knock them back because they'll offer him $1.5m before close of business tomorrow at this rate.
Why not wait till close of business Friday to aim for the full $2 mill a season then?

He's an absolute strike weapon, someone that's going to make your edge far more threatening and the opposition defensive lines have a few more weaknesses. He's arguably the most valuable Broncos player at the moment, our attack just seems fairly hopeless without him there.

Having said that, he's only most valuable because the spine isn't particularly good. 1.2 million is too much for someone who isn't absolute top tier as a spine player IMHO.

Last edited:
Get ready boys and girls. No chance he turns down an extra 500k a year coming from such a modest background, and with the form the team is in currently, and too many question marks hanging over the coach to bother listing....

We're gonna lose him.

Get ready boys and girls. No chance he turns down an extra 500k a year coming from such a modest background, and with the form the team is in currently, and too many question marks hanging over the coach to bother listing....

We're gonna lose him.

if we have to pay that sort of money to keep him, then thats a good thing

I reckon plenty of clubs would take Peachy.
With the money titans are throwing at Fifita every club knows they're in fire sale mode and won't be offering full price for anyone.

Peach was overpaid when he went there so he's probably on somewhere between $600k-$800k.

Of course people will want him, but anyone going for him will just lowball titans knowing they're desperate.

They're completely fucked with Bryce's contract because it was reported to be $800k.

I still don't think they will get medical retirement for Shannon Boyd either... medical exemption doesnt count when you're just useless at the game.

I'm interested to see how much garbage will be surrounding Fifi next year with their fire sale to clear cap space

We're gonna lose him.
**** this is depressing...

I would love to keep him, but more then anything we want guys who at the club that want to be here and are willing to get a few 100k less to get a team around them that can win a comp. Titans will not be able to get a team around Fifi any time soon.

Should the Broncs take Taylor back? (On a heavily discounted deal of course).

• Sad
Reactions: 007
I would say that if he struggles to make decisions, has trust issues then he cannot and should not be expected to handle being a million dollar player

Talk to Ash Taylor.

The club, if it has any credibility left, if it has designs to draw a line in the sand and slowly begin turning this ship around; we offer 700K + player option....or you walk.

You play for us on our terms, not yours....

Our season his EVERY year on the Gold Coast. Its one of the reasons why its been so difficult for Broncs fans to get their head around I reckon.....this is actually such a rare occurrence for us..

And they want to expand the comp..!!!!!!!............with who..?...???

The club, if it has any credibility left, if it has designs to draw a line in the sand and slowly begin turning this ship around; we offer 700K + player option....or you walk.

isn't this what people are complaining about

Give him a 3 year 800K deal.

In all honesty, he was the difference between us winning and losing (on his own almost) in about 3 or 4 games last year. I can't remember one game where he noticeably contributed to us losing. With the exception of Semi-Final where everyone played a hand.

When you look at what we got for the same kind of money for Jack Bird, it seems not too big of a deal. Let Jack Bird go and pay some of his wage for the last year of his contract. We can do it.

If we offer Dave a 3-year 800K contract, it doesn't create too much disharmony with the rest of the team (RE: price tag), and it keeps him where he wants to be for 2 more years. It's not a long term deal, which has been our downfall somewhat.

Give him a 3 year 800K deal.

In all honesty, he was the difference between us winning and losing (on his own almost) in about 3 or 4 games last year. I can't remember one game where he noticeably contributed to us losing. With the exception of Semi-Final where everyone played a hand.

When you look at what we got for the same kind of money for Jack Bird, it seems not too big of a deal. Let Jack Bird go and pay some of his wage for the last year of his contract. We can do it.

If we offer Dave a 3-year 800K contract, it doesn't create too much disharmony with the rest of the team (RE: price tag), and it keeps him where he wants to be for 2 more years. It's not a long term deal, which has been our downfall somewhat.

forget about a 3 year deal ... he won't sign one because of his management issues

speak for yourself

if we stick firm and don't offer him moronic money, i'll be quite happy
I’m not suggesting we offer anymore cash. It’s just he’s a real favourite and it stings a bit.
And I didn’t want Tallis to get him!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • Foordy
  • Morkel
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Lozza
  • Fozz
  • Rookie Alan
  • Wolfie
  • Bucking Beads
  • Kev_Guz
  • thenry
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Johnny92
  • Dash
  • Gaz
  • Strop
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Rah88
... and 52 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.