OFFICIAL David Fifita signs with the Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
SO he'd like Brisbane to act as the Draft pool for the entire NRL obviously.
I like that idea, but we do the Storm plan, we keep the good ones and if we let you go caveat emptor! Let us shift out the crap and keep the ones with the rock solid work ethic, doing extras, and talk about what they bring to the team.

Latest from Badel:

He says Brisbane bidded $650k, then raised to $700k last month. Now Fifita is asking 750k. Says that'll seal the deal. So it's a negotiation.

51PHRtxl4NL SL500

Deals 101: walk away from the table.

Normally that means he wants the car, so you tell him you need to go out back and speak to the manager, then come back with 710k, final offer. And so on. It gets real tense, you leave the table, it all falls apart, you come back, and then eventually you shake hands.

Boyd dangles the captaincy carrot:

“I have been to a few different clubs and I never left for money. Money doesn’t bring happiness. Money can help, for sure, but in the NRL almost every player gets paid good money, whatever team you are playing for."

“It’s important also to be successful and you want to be winning premierships and playing representative football. I’m not sure what exact figures Dave is getting offered and what the difference is, but there are several things he has to weigh up. He has to consider what is best for him and his family, what’s going to make him happiest as a person and what’s going to be the best thing for his playing career."

“There’s a lot of things you have to weigh up when you make a big career decision, but your happiness is most important. Dave is a super talent who is only going to get better. We have all seen what he can do and it’s disappointing that he is out injured at the moment, it would be great to have him out on the field but hopefully he isn’t too far away.

"Dave is a local boy and it would be great to keep him in Broncos colours. He can be our future captain of the club and even rep teams as well. The sky is the limit for Dave.”

Justin Holbrook plays it cool:

“Dave is a really good young guy and he will make his own decision. I will get on with my job. He is a big story in the game, but it is ongoing so I’ll leave it at that. He has a big decision to make.”

Wayne scoffs at doubters:

“It’s the market, it’s like buying a house isn’t it? If someone wants to pay you a ridiculous amount of money for your house you’re not going to say no. The bottom line is, it says what they think of him and how important he is to the club. Everyone sees the great ability he’s got; there’s another generation of football in front of him ... I don’t know of many other 20-year-olds that have played like he has in my time in the NRL.”

McHunt

Last edited:
If that’s true (which I doubt), you give him the extra 50k even if it costs a Farnworth. You don’t lose a guy that good over 50k.
If it's true, he's already said yes, they're down to talking details. It's a money game at this point. This is what they do for a living. Fifita is the noob.

If it's true, he's already said yes, they're down to talking details. It's a money game at this point. This is what they do for a living. Fifita is the noob.

You’ve seen the player and coach offers the last few years bro, there is no basis to have faith in this administration. They have probably offered him $1.5 million and a contract extension to Kahu.

Last edited:
Dear God, we're screwed...

The way we negotiate, we'll probably wind up coming out of this having to subsidise part of his salary for the Titans next year.

Last edited:
If that’s true (which I doubt), you give him the extra 50k even if it costs a Farnworth. You don’t lose a guy that good over 50k.
Considering the author and the newspaper, there's 99.99% chance this "fact" isn't true...

But it is something that can't be confirmed or denied so they just make it up knowing they'll never truly be caught out in the lie. Welcome to Australian rugby league "journalism. Imagine growing up dreaming of becoming a writer and you end up stooping to this level...

Considering the author and the newspaper, there's 99.99% chance this "fact" isn't true...

But it is something that can't be confirmed or denied so they just make it up knowing they'll never truly be caught out in the lie. Welcome to Australian rugby league "journalism. Imagine growing up dreaming of becoming a writer and you end up stooping to this level...

Pretty sure someone predicted on this very site, yesterday, that this article would be coming. BHQ states it's over 50k, Badel publishes it. Flogs our info, complains to his bosses when we post his dribble articles. Scum.

Yep, imagine going to 4 years of university and the sacrifices and expenses that would have required only to wind up with a qualification that provides you the same career prospects today as a recently graduated steam powered locomotive engineer and the best you can hope for is to write gossip about Rugby League players and people who achieved much more than you.

Last edited:
I’ll supply the brown paper bag

Isn't Uncle Nick a shareholder? Can't he just organise a Roosters style 18 holes with the worlds most unlucky Golfer?

Last edited:
Pretty sure someone predicted on this very site, yesterday, that this article would be coming. BHQ states it's over 50k, Badel publishes it. Flogs our info, complains to his bosses when we post his dribble articles. Scum.
It's funny you mention this, I'd heard from someone close to Fifi that the main holdup is the extra media scrutiny that comes from being a Bronco.

Wait until he sees the media scrutiny from being a $1.25 million dollar player then.

lol yeah, ask Taylor or Hayne about the scrutiny of being a highly paid titans import.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Ghost of Vlansys
  • Browny
  • Yellowfella
  • Santa
  • Scorchie
  • Cavalo
  • Harry Sack
  • Waynesaurus
  • winslow_wong
  • FACTHUNT
  • IceWorks
  • Justwin
  • bb_gun
  • Lurker
  • Xzei
  • Battler
  • Allo
  • mrtij
  • Scdeac
  • Foordy
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.