OFFICIAL David Fifita signs with the Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is this ongoing shit fight going effect the players this arvo? Every one of them will be questioning their value at the moment and human nature being what it is, it’s highly likely they are thinking they aren’t getting what they deserve. Not an ideal scenario when 80 minutes of solid unwavering concentration is required.

Every one of them will be questioning their value at the moment and human nature being what it is, it’s highly likely they are thinking they aren’t getting what they deserve.

I hope they are, they might actually volunteer for a pay cut then.

Come on Davey, Jump on Fox at 5 and say you’re staying [emoji106]

How is this ongoing shit fight going effect the players this arvo? Every one of them will be questioning their value at the moment and human nature being what it is, it’s highly likely they are thinking they aren’t getting what they deserve. Not an ideal scenario when 80 minutes of solid unwavering concentration is required.
They will be thinking that way but after the last 6 weeks they should maybe think about proving it for once. On current form, Haas, Coates and staggs are the only players who could even pretend to be playing to or above their value...

Yep, imagine going to 4 years of university and the sacrifices and expenses that would have required only to wind up with a qualification that provides you the same career prospects today as a recently graduated steam powered locomotive engineer and the best you can hope for is to write gossip about Rugby League players and people who achieved much more than you.
🤣 I have a mate whose parents arranged for an apprenticeship at the Queensland Times Newspaper. It was 4 years as a Hand and Machine Compositor. You know, melting lead, pouring to make letter stamps and compiling into words for printing. Job was obselete at the time he became a tradesman! Thanks Mum, Dad!

Mate unless you have some information we don't there is no way you could know this happened. We do know however, that Pies let it out that Fifita had rung him to say he was staying. So I say again not ludicrous, contract negotiations should be kept completely under wraps until the player is signed.

But you're happy to criticize Seibold despite not having that information yourself.

It's pretty obvious that's how it would have happened, because that's how it works. It's public knowledge that Fifita called them to inform them that he wasn't going to accept their $1.1 million offer and then Mal turned around and offered him $1.25 million.

Mal isn't a complete idiot. He's not going to negotiate based on what's being said in the media.

No, that was their first offer that was upped the night before. Pretty sure, the $1.25 offer came after Pies confirmed he was staying as since that offer it has all gone quiet.

No you are wrong, completely wrong. They raised it to 1.1 on Wednesday evening, Fifita then went back again that night to say he was staying at the Broncos later that night and it was then (Wednesday night) that they went to 1.25.

Those are the facts that have been made public knowledge, you can ignore them if you choose.

Even putting aside the reports of you honestly think any negotiation is played out based on public comment then I can’t help you.

No you are wrong, completely wrong. They raised it to 1.1 on Wednesday evening, Fifita then went back again that night to say he was staying at the Broncos later that night and it was then (Wednesday night) that they went to 1.25.

Those are the facts that have been made public knowledge, you can ignore them if you choose.

Even putting aside the reports of you honestly think any negotiation is played out based on public comment then I can’t help you.
Can you show where those 'facts' were made public knowledge as I must have missed them.

Chris garry twitter, badel and few others and also foxsports had all the articles of the break down of it all. :)
Can you show where those 'facts' were made public knowledge as I must have missed them.

It has only been the most reported story of the year so I can see how you missed it...

A quick google will show you the multitude of articles but this one gives you a pretty clear timeline.

The only facts are the ones on Twitter, but most of the journos are telling the same story

Danny Wiedler announced first that he was gone only to come back an hour later that he was staying... then reported Fifita called GC and told them he was staying... GC then bumped up to $1.25M

Haven't heard anything since

Last edited:
It has only been the most reported story of the year so I can see how you missed it...

A quick google will show you the multitude of articles but this one gives you a pretty clear timeline.

Almost the whole of BHQ know what the journos say ans what actually happens are two entirely different matters. The 'facts' reported by Badel and Weidler have as much authenticity as Trump's press secretary.

Almost the whole of BHQ know what the journos say ans what actually happens are two entirely different matters. The 'facts' reported by Badel and Weidler have as much authenticity as Trump's press secretary.

But that’s all we can go on, and it is the same source you are using to base your argument.

**** sake Mal and raging fool on super Saturday ... be prepared for non-stop spruiking directed at Fifi.

**** I hope we win just to shove it up their ass!!

**** sake Mal and raging fool on super Saturday ... be prepared for non-stop spruiking directed at Fifi.

**** I hope we win just to shove it up their ass!!
I just tuned in and a cross to Corey Parker at Suncorp saying how there are a heap of old boys there that are going to clap the team on and he made a point of saying that the so called divide between the old boys is false. Wish I could have seen the Raging Fool’s face when he said that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • Hurrijo
  • scobie
  • BroncosAlways
  • Allo
  • Skyblues87
  • Fozz
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.