OFFICIAL David Fifita signs with the Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
We haven’t had a genuine home grown superstar in years now. If he was to leave, it’d be a disaster for the broncos. in saying that his talents are being wasted at the moment here but to lose him to the titans would be a bitter pill to swallow.

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
Edit: wrong thread

Last edited:
K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
I'm getting to the stage where **** all this bullshit if he cared about the club he would of Re-signed by now. Let him leave and be a money hungry player and him most probably ruining his career. We have enough problems to worry about atm to put up with this bullshit.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I'm getting to the stage where **** all this bullshit if he cared about the club he would of Re-signed by now. Let him leave and be a money hungry player and him most probably ruining his career. We have enough problems to worry about atm to put up with this bullshit.

Why do people make the assumption that because he hasn't re-signed yet, that he doesn't care about the club?

The fact that he's so torn on the decision obviously shows that he cares about the club. But he also cares about giving back to his mother and paying off her house.

But really, the hold up has been he doesn't want his management anymore and he doesn’t want him to get a cut. It's got nothing to do with not caring about the club.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
The titans are experiencing their best season in years, with tallis and co singing from the rafters about what a great future the club has with such a great coach and a young squad with great prospectsprospects. No serious injuries to complain of and have had a positive differential in the penalty count with a decent run with their draw so far......

The Broncos have had their worst season for decades, perhaps ever, with the youngest team in the comp with by far the worst penalty differential in the comp, perhaps ever again. Shocking injury count, the worst in the comp, and yet....

The titans 14th
The Broncos 13th

Think about that fifita, that is deadset incredible....

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I think the Titans have gone way past sensible roster management. It will take years to clear the overpaid players and build something competitive, and even then they're no guarantee of success. I think their go-to recruitment of paying overs for talented yet inconsistent players is all they have to try to bring hype to the club. Which is, of course, Very Gold Coast.

While I don't think Tallis has too much sway over the club, despite being chummy with the Frizelle's, this Fifita farce has all the hallmarks of his vindictive agenda. First it was Thaiday, next it was Gillett, he tried to stick a wedge between then and the Broncos to try to pry them down the M1. In this case, it doesn't really matter if the Titans do actually want to spend 1.25 million on Fifita. Either way, they're trying to make us spend more money to retain him, or successfully lure him away. Either way it will make Tallis feel like he's got one over us, even if it's actually to the detriment of the Titans.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Though if they did get Fifita, they suddenly have three of the best young forwards in the game. They have a fair bit to build around but will have no money to do so.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Though if they did get Fifita, they suddenly have three of the best young forwards in the game. They have a fair bit to build around but will have no money to do so.
Right now, we have the three best forwards in the game (Haas, TPJ, Fifita), the next Darren Lockyer (Niu), the next Alfie Langer (Dearden), the next Greg Inglis (Coates) and the next Cameron Smith (Turpin). Unfortunately, we also have the current Darius Boyd.

Last edited:
Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Right now, we have the three best forwards in the game (Haas, TPJ, Fifita), the next Darren Lockyer (Niu), the next Alfie Langer (Dearden), the next Greg Inglis (Coates) and the next Cameron Smith (Turpin). Unfortunately, we also have the current Darius Boyd.

1. Niu (the next Lockyer)
2. Coates (the next Inglis)
3. Staggs (the next Berrigan)
4. Isaako (the next Folau / the current Maranta)
5. Farnworth (I've got nothing)
6. Milford (the next Barba)
7. Croft (the next Cronk)
8. Haas (the next Civoniceva)
9. Turpin (the next B.Berrigan)
10. TPJ (the next JT2)
11. Fifita (the next SBW)
12. Glenn (I've got nothing)
13. Carrigan (the next Parker)

14. Paix (the other next Cronk)
15. Flegler (the next S.Price)
16. Lodge (the next Webcke)
17. Oates (the next Miles)

18. Dearden (the next Langer)
19. Bullemor (the next GIllett)
20. Riki (the next Su'a)
21. Walsh (the next Hodges)

I mean...this side should be winning for (the next) ten years apparently.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
1. Niu (the next Lockyer)
2. Coates (the next Inglis)
3. Staggs (the next Berrigan)
4. Isaako (the next Folau / the current Maranta)
5. Farnworth (I've got nothing)
6. Milford (the next Barba)
7. Croft (the next Cronk)
8. Haas (the next Civoniceva)
9. Turpin (the next B.Berrigan)
10. TPJ (the next JT2)
11. Fifita (the next SBW)
12. Glenn (I've got nothing)
13. Carrigan (the next Parker)

14. Paix (the other next Cronk)
15. Flegler (the next S.Price)
16. Lodge (the next Webcke)
17. Oates (the next Miles)

18. Dearden (the next Langer)
19. Bullemor (the next GIllett)
20. Riki (the next Su'a)
21. Walsh (the next Hodges)

I mean...this side should be winning for (the next) ten years apparently.
We're the next Broncos!

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Lol! Turpin the next Cameron Smith? Get me some of what your smoking next time you score please?

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Lol! Turpin the next Cameron Smith? Get me some of what your smoking next time you score please?
Probably selling him a bit short, I agree.

EZGrH4pUcAAu jT

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Pies is expecting an answer with 48 hours:

“David has been at the Broncos since he was 14 or 15 so he has had a long-term attachment to the club. I love coaching him, he has some fantastic friends at the club, but it‘s David’s decision, it’s his family’s decision. I won’t try and sell the club to David, he knows what the club offers and I would love to keep him.”

Alex Glenn:

“The only sledging is we make him shout all our lunches. It’s a big pay packet if he gets that payment, we have all been in the same situation so we understand the pressures and we don’t want to add to that pressure. There is always banter around him shouting coffees. We can’t play footy for the rest of our lives."

“Although clubs would love to keep talent around, it comes down to the player and what’s the best decision for himself. I know making my decisions it was easy because all I wanted to do was bring a premiership back to Brisbane, but the way I think is totally different to other players.”

“It‘s Dave’s decision, and his family’s decision and if it’s to go to another club all we can do is wish him well. But I know the player and person he is and I would love him to be around longer, not just the talent but the character he is and what he brings to this team. His value is everything he brings to the team as well.”

McHunt

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Getting a bad feeling about this.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
He's taking the dough boys and girls. Get ready for it. I mean why shouldn't he coming from his background?

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
We just won though. What excuse is his mum going to use now eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncorob
  • Allo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Rambstien
  • Smokin' Joe
  • marw
  • TimWhatley
  • mrslong
  • BroncosMan
  • Big Del
  • Fitzy
  • Jazza
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.