OFFICIAL David Fifita signs with the Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the risk of taking this thread off topic ....

... i really hope that IF he stays, we formulate a gameplan that really utilises his strong running game.

No more of this mindlessly throwing the ball wide and getting him to do something ..... lets get him running off short inside balls, run against the grain....

Is that too much to ask ?

Attachments

• E260FF09-603D-4B26-BEFE-82692C6EDA72.gif
    E260FF09-603D-4B26-BEFE-82692C6EDA72.gif
    1.1 MB · Views: 116
I think the Tits are on the rise and this new guy, Holbrook? seems to be a thinker. When he took over I thought the team, although underpowered played to a better structure than we had been last season. He even seemed to have a reinvigorated Taylor who looked at home and as if he was enjoying footy again.

It wouldn't surprise me now, after seeing the way they're playing if the Tits start winning games unexpectedly. This season probably not so much but I believe they're really looking hard at building a better squad and I can't say I blame them for actively pursuing Fifita. Get him and you get a bunch more of not particularly expensive players who will want to be part of a team on the rise.

Another bonus fkr potential new buys is knowing you aren't going to a club with overblown expectations like our club. I mean I hear calls to sack players who haven't even turned 20 just because they're not as polished as an Inglis or Lockyer!

Their spine is pathetic. Holdbrook is a quality coach though.

Their spine is pathetic. Holdbrook is a quality coach though.
Well, I did say not so much this year. I know others don't rate Taylor but the pathetic spine beat ours just recently. I just believe it's all upside and I think they may just have the right young coach this time.

At the risk of taking this thread off topic ....

... i really hope that IF he stays, we formulate a gameplan that really utilises his strong running game.

No more of this mindlessly throwing the ball wide and getting him to do something ..... lets get him running off short inside balls, run against the grain....

Is that too much to ask ?
Too much for Seibs and his so called structures. It's easy to imagine how devastating he'd be playing for teams like the Roosters, Melbourne or Parra. Hopefully our new captain/coach can figure out a plan to better utilise him.

What joe was here as nd I didn't even get a hug !!!
Makes sense though, we're treating his injury as a long term treatment not rushing him back. You would have to think that the club would only keep spending good money on him if it's for the future.
[automerge]1594760373[/automerge]

He probably was until staggs pulled out.

I dont think Staggs would have made any difference. Herbie was going to replace Oates and Staggs to center.

Seriously, this NSW centric media bubble that the NRL has going on, while not surprising at all needs to fucking end. poopooing us, poopooing QLD trying to get the sporting teams plus the GF up here, blowing the Titans trumpet for no other reason than because they're mates with Tallis and Meninga....It's absolutely sickening and shamelessly transparent.

Hooper just pronounced "fuming" as "fooming" on 360 just then.

****. me.
Made me laugh when he said that. He's got a special way of articulating his words and is nipping at the heels of Joey, Freddy and Hodgo of being in the upper echelon of NRL commentators.

“At this stage the word I am hearing is that he is not going to the Titans just yet and he may stay loyal to the Broncos.

“But it is a huge decision and I know Payne Haas his good teammate has been in his ear today to try and convince him to stay.

“I think we will know more in the next week or so.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • winslow_wong
  • bert_lifts
  • heartly87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.